The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Man of Honour
CPU: 7820K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
16-16-16 36 T2 - 1.350v 3600 - XMP - All Good
18-19-19 39 T2 - 1.380v 4000 - All Good
17-18-18 38 T2 - 1.400v 4000 - All Good

I will report back with a 7900X, when it arrives all being well by next weekend.

Some really good memory speeds there.

My old 6950X can only do 3450.

Looking forward to giving a RVIE setup a go in the near future.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I agree, which is why I reacted the way I did when I received mine. I'm still not convinced I feel up to spending another £600, if this is how they ship their flagship motherboards.

I see the reason why is:

"This has been discussed several times but many of the early boards had the VRM heat sink changed on them, so finding some finger prints was not uncommon."

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96912-Rampage-VI-being-shipped-unprotected

That was from the ROG forums.

Associate
Replacement card has arrived. Also this one missing protective plastic, and with smears and fingerprints. Guess Asus quality control simply isn't what I expect it to be, so keeping this one, assuming it boots OK

xhK2w4i.jpg

RSR

RSR

Soldato
@Kaapstad

CPU: 7900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR

17-18-18-41 T1 - 4000 - 1.380 - All running and tested with no problems.

M9Daovd.png

It seems 4000 seems to be pretty stable on these boards now.

Associate
Hi,

First time posting here on the forum, has anyone got a spare WIFI & Bluetooth antennas for the rampage vi that they are not using?

I've managed to strip the wires on my original set trying to get the cables into the cable management routes.

Associate
Anyone tried fitting it in the Evolv ATX, this is going to my X79 system. I cannot for the life of me find a suitable case as I have a ton of storage to incorporate.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
A heads up to anyone using the latest ASUS Aura software (1.05.25) be very careful! Since installing the Windows 10 Creates Fall update my Aura Software crashed and now the board is no longer recognized by the software. I have spend the last day or so speaking to Asus Support and I've been asked to do the follow:
  • Remove the battery and wait 3-5 minutes
  • Re flash the BIOS and load default settings
  • Removed Software, Load BIOS Defaults, Install Software.
Both of these have made no difference and the RGBs on the MB are no longer functional other than the front strip which is locked to a white.

I have also tried Windows 10 (Build 1607) and Windows 8 on a spare SSD and nothing the boards RGB are still not functional.

So it now look like I need to send the board off which I have been advised can take up to 28 days from speaking to OCUK, which is unacceptable really am only over my 30 days by a day or two (Ordered from OCUK on 29th Setember).

@Gibbo is this the normal process, as I can't be without the PC for up to 28 days?

I can't say I am too impressed after spending nearly 600 quid on a board and having to wait upto 28 days for a replacement or for it to be fixed.

Last edited:
Associate
A heads up to anyone using the latest ASUS Aura software (1.05.25) be very careful! Since installing the Windows 10 Creates Fall update my Aura Software crashed and now the board is no longer recognized by the software. I have spend the last day or so speaking to Asus Support and I've been asked to do the follow:
  • Remove the battery and wait 3-5 minutes
  • Re flash the BIOS and load default settings
  • Removed Software, Load BIOS Defaults, Install Software.
Both of these have made no difference and the RGBs on the MB are no longer functional other than the front strip which is locked to a white.

I have also tried Windows 10 (Build 1607) and Windows 8 on a spare SSD and nothing the boards RGB are still not functional.

So it now look like I need to send the board off which I have been advised can take up to 28 days from speaking to OCUK, which is unacceptable really am only over my 30 days by a day or two (Ordered from OCUK on 29th Setember).

@Gibbo is this the normal process, as I can't be without the PC for up to 28 days?

I would expect the RGB's to have their own controller, I think this is the case with the live dash (it has a dedicated firmware) at least.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
7960X, no de-lid, Noctua D15S.
Everything is still in the box at the moment, the setup is gona be on my desk until I decide on a case.

I'm not sure a Noctua will be able to cool the CPU running anything other than completely stock, as I believe they recommend running the minimum of a 360 rad for over clocking these CPU's.

Also without a de-lid, you are at the mercy of the stock Intel Toothpaste TIM, which really limits the OC Potental of these CPU's.

Anyone tried fitting it in the Evolv ATX, this is going to my X79 system. I cannot for the life of me find a suitable case as I have a ton of storage to incorporate.

I'm pretty sure this board will not fit, as I had a Evolv ATX before getting my Caselabs case. As I was going to get the R5E10 board before this one and I know that one doesn't fit. However, you can get it to fit but you'll need to heavily mod the case.

Associate
The EK monoblocks have gone awol for these, with no replacement ETA.

The VRM's appear still to be a issue when oc'd even with the heat pipe. There is a fan mount, it's for a high noise squeaker on the vrms which does not seem ideal.

I see bitspower now have a monoblock coming with flow,temp and leak sensing. I wonder when this will be available.

Last edited:
Associate
Imo, the EK alcatel was the better option visually and more importantly functionally (it could be nice to see if there are air/corrosion issues with acrylic). Although no personal experience - Acrylic blocks seem to have so many issues with cracking/leaking it does appear to be a problematic material.

Back
Top Bottom