• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I fixed your post according to my own personal bias ;)
I returned the courtesy, now please let me know the percentage of players here who can play RT ultra 1080/60: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

As long as that is less than 50%, by any reasonable criteria we're firmly in the raster era. Take into account that about 35% of all cards in the survey have any RT capability at all, including "jewels of the crown" such as the RX6400.

Caporegime
I returned the courtesy, now please let me know the percentage of players here who can play RT ultra 1080/60: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

As long as that is less than 50%, by any reasonable criteria we're firmly in the raster era. Take into account that about 35% of all cards in the survey have any RT capability at all, including "jewels of the crown" such as the RX6400.
Bravo on the fix. :cry:

Soldato

Like I said you are in the raster eta, not me

That's the lovely thing about PC, there is no hard locked generations like consoles, you get the performance and graphics that you want and pay for and you play the games you want to and how you want to

Last edited:
Caporegime
Better way to put it, what percentage of games feature ray tracing in the steam top 100 most popular games? That should tell you what era we are all in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Given metro ee RT version runs on consoles at 60 fps... Need we say more :cry: I wish DF would do a good educational video on the different types of RT we have seen in games and why some hit harder than others and why certain hardware ***** the bed with it turned on and so on :)

EMTttc3_d.webp

At least amd fans/owners can now turn up RT a bit more with RDNA 3 :p

Associate
Given metro ee RT version runs on consoles at 60 fps... Need we say more :cry: I wish DF would do a good educational video on the different types of RT we have seen in games and why some hit harder than others and why certain hardware ***** the bed with it turned on and so on :)

EMTttc3_d.webp

At least amd fans/owners can now turn up RT a bit more with RDNA 3 :p

Hmm, 120 down to 80 FPS eh? In GPU limited scenarios that's optimistic:

Associate
Like I said you are in the raster eta, not me

That's the lovely thing about PC, there is no hard locked generations like consoles, you get the performance and graphics that you want and pay for and you play the games you want to and how you want to
"Let them eat cake" mindset at its finest, no wonder we're getting into another PC gaming dark age where we basically wait for console ports...

Soldato
"Let them eat cake" mindset at its finest, no wonder we're getting into another PC gaming dark age where we basically wait for console ports...

Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2022 - Another Great Year For State-of-the-Art Visuals!​

No.1. Horizon Forbidden West(console)
No.2. The Callisto Protocol(console)
No.3. Portal RT

When a £500 solution kicks **** out of anything PC has to offer:(

Last edited:
Associate

Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2022 - Another Great Year For State-of-the-Art Visuals!​

No.3. Portal RT

How dare you mock the GTX1650 performance and prefer console rabble! :p
Seriously, the only cards in the sub-$300 market that you can actually find are the RX6600 and the RTX 2060, which aren't exactly attractive cards for RT...

Permabanned
How dare you mock the GTX1650 performance and prefer console rabble! :p
Seriously, the only cards in the sub-$300 market that you can actually find are the RX6600 and the RTX 2060, which aren't exactly attractive cards for RT...
You mean RTX 2070 right?

No 1650 is getting the console perf.

As said before, RT aint getting you better graphics always, just different looking graphics.

We are at the time when graphics make tiny differences.

Last edited:
Soldato

No.3. Portal RT

Best game graphics, without falling into the subjective side, how can you actually reliably measure this?

Soldato
The same way gymnastics scores are calculated. It's all opinion, different people will have different thoughts.

I haven't played Horizon Forbidden West, but Zero Dawn looked stunning.
Well, they excluded TW3 complete edition because it wasn't polished (performance wise I guess they wanted to say), which has nothing to do with "best graphics".
Oh well...

Caporegime

No.3. Portal RT

The funny thing is, look at who the content is from. :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well in terms of best graphics for me (released this year), it is the following and only games I have played:

1. portal rtx
2. dying light 2
3. plague tale requiem
4. grounded
5. Spiderman miles morale
6. ghostwire tokyo

Games, which I haven't played but do look very good and would probably make the list:

- callisto protocol

Honourable mentions:

- lego star wars
- stray
- darktide
- witcher 3 (some dodgy textures, mostly terrain where it looks ps2 quality ruin it for me)

What's funny is that cyberpunk 2077 still easily the best looking game "overall", fired it up the other day to muck about and when you combine max RT settings with QD-OLED and HDR in 21.9 format, it's what defines pc master race for me :cool:

0gHHuXF.gif

:p

As for next year titles, lots for me:

- atomic heart
- stalker 2
- black myth
- deliver us mars
- redfall
- forza motorsport
- dying 1983
- boundary
- starfield (not officially confirmed to have rt but one of the jobs they were advertising for had mention of implementing ray tracing experience)
- the day before
- skull and bones
- ark 2 (nothing confirmed yet but I believe it is nvidia sponsored and ark 1 had nvidia heavily involved from a technical pov)
- dead island 2

And chances are, there will be plenty more released next year which we haven't seen yet, iirc, resident evil and fc 7 (inb4 24GB vram is required) are due next year, hopefully fc 7 game world is more alive/lived in though.....

Also, maybe dune awakening, by same people who did conan exiles and I think nvidia have sponsored it so hopefully RT goodness as them games always lack in good shadows, lighting and especially reflections!

EDIT:

Can't remember if splinter cell is due next year but it could be pretty damn good....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom