• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems performance in aw2 is great.

7900xtx also has decent perf in pathtracing, similar to rtx 3080. Which is good, cause AMD users can get a taste of PT.

4xxx series is on another level though, plus FG on top of that.

Ps: also keep in mind those results are without DLSS but with DLAA ( so native ).

So seems I almost called it perfectly then........... :cry:

I would expect this title to be vram heavy tbf given how much detail has been packed in it so 4k will be tough, even with dlss but then it's not like any other gpu outside of a 4080/4090 (not factoring in frame gen) is going to fair much better due to lack of RT grunt.

So a 4070 with max settings at 1440p and dlss quality according to nvidia slide will be getting what, maybe 45-50 fps without frame generation?

Reckon on a 3080, it will be playable at 3440x1440 with medium, probably even max and dlss balanced.

Looks like 24GB is not enough! Strokes virtual 48GB 4080 :p :cry: :D

Will be interesting to see if it does proper vram management though as in properly loads in and dumps assets when not needed and so on or if it will stutter, crash when vram runs out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA

lLZPgDf.png

JgEUDGk.png

kvcuzhR.png

Thanks to support for ray tracing, path tracing and NVIDIA ray reconstruction, you have several tools in your arsenal to further improve the visual quality of the game. NVIDIA's Ray Reconstruction, in particular, solidifies its role as the third fundamental feature of DLSS, complementing upscaling and frame generation. Previously the feature could only be enabled (officially) for path tracing. Now it is available for classic ray tracing, too. It fuses various rendering steps into a single one, so additional information is available. It definitely helps to enhance the quality of shadows and reflections with more fine detail. The good thing is that it even brings with it a performance boost, at least in all our testing in Alan Wake 2. The best thing? It's supported on all GeForce RTX cards, not just GeForce 40—so no reason to not enable it.
From TPU's conclusion :cool:

But this did make me lol:

The settings menu of Alan Wake 2 has a long list of options for performance tuning, but there will be a ton of drama around the forced upscaling. Yup, you can't render at native. There's only options for "DLSS" and "FSR"—nothing else. Both upscalers come with the option to render at native resolution, but will still use the image enhancement techniques of the upscaler. Not sure why Remedy made such a choice—it will just antagonize players
Sod those people, for FSR it's labelled as "native", for DLSS that's DLAA. This is as good as rendering at native res, because it's rendering at native res whilst utilising the upscaler for its AA benefits. I don't think TPU got that memo?

Last edited:
So seems I almost called it perfectly then........... :cry:
You and I both, remember I said those tables were horse muck, and I'd put money on it that it'd probably do RT+ max 1440p with DLSS/FG/Reflex on mine.

I reckon they were just pushing the Nvidia scare tactic marketing to try and lure people into buying current gen 4XXX GPUs?

I also mentioned before how the previous Nvidia CP video showing the gains of the 4xxx feature set turned out to be legit on CP 1.6 onwards, and had betted that the same would be true with the trailer they did show casing AW2 the same way using 4xxx features...

I knew it. Scare mongering.

Seems performance in aw2 is great.

7900xtx also has decent perf in pathtracing, similar to rtx 3080. Which is good, cause AMD users can get a taste of PT.

4xxx series is on another level though, plus FG on top of that.

Ps: also keep in mind those results are without DLSS but with DLAA ( so native ).

Unless I'm missing something at max settings 4K with PT they didn't use frame gen, Odd choice. I watched a vid on youtube with a 4090 at 4K max settings, PT etc... and it was well over 60.

Last edited:
Let's be realistic though, it's sponsored by Nvidia, but it supports standards compliant ray tracing and path tracing. Nvidia just has additional hardware to leverage high framerates using those technologies, AMD does not (yet). Remember AMD's RT hardware is about 2 generations behind Nvidia. That is a massive gap, all because Lucy or whatever her CEO face is at AMD said that ray tracing/AI won't go mainstream years ago.

One day though, one day the field will be a level playing field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom