• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be realistic though, it's sponsored by Nvidia, but it supports standards compliant ray tracing and path tracing. Nvidia just has additional hardware to leverage high framerates using those technologies, AMD does not (yet). Remember AMD's RT hardware is about 2 generations behind Nvidia. That is a massive gap, all because Lucy or whatever her CEO face is at AMD said that ray tracing/AI won't go mainstream years ago.

One day though, one day the field will be a level playing field.

While it would be genuinely great to have a choice of 3 different top end GPU's from AMD, Intel and Nvidia, I just can't see AMD or Intel catching up to Nvidia as the amount of money Nvidia put into R&D is ridiculous not to mention to the top tier talent they hire.

I hope AMD and Intel catch up as we'll be the winners in a competitive marketplace but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's be realistic though, it's sponsored by Nvidia, but it supports standards compliant ray tracing and path tracing. Nvidia just has additional hardware to leverage high framerates using those technologies, AMD does not (yet). Remember AMD's RT hardware is about 2 generations behind Nvidia. That is a massive gap, all because Lucy or whatever her CEO face is at AMD said that ray tracing/AI won't go mainstream years ago.

I am not really sure i would say RT in using this amount is mainstream though considering the most popular card around is a 3060 or 1060. AMD RT is more at last Gen RT levels as you can see it's more a match for 3080-3090 in this game depending on the card. The two gen old 2080ti is no match.

At 4k pathtracing my 7900xt is 12 times faster than a 3080 :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Gotcha, I just started playing Alan Wake 1 for the first time and it's really good. I'm very tempted to get this, Just got to see how much cash is left over once I pay my ever increasing rent and utilities :rolleyes:

Man. The first game was crap as I recall. Lol

I will wait 18 -24 months and pick it up on steam for sub £20. Will have a 5000 series gpu by then hopefully.

And then we'll be on to the next thing and amd will be behind again :cry:

They really need to start acting on improving this next time though as you can't keep saying it is niche etc. when most games coming out these days are incorporating it, of course, you can just disable it but then how is that any different to just turning off/reducing other settings.

Last edited:
And then we'll be on to the next thing and amd will be behind again cry:

They really need to start acting on improving this next time though as you can't keep saying it is niche etc. when most games coming out these days are incorporating it, of course, you can just disable it but then how is that any different to just turning off/reducing other settings.

1 of the issues with AMD is they tend to hire the "I'm all about open source maaannnnn" types of hippies where as Nvidia aggressively go on a hiring spree to get the blood thirsty sharks of the industry that want to be number 1 regardless of what it costs or how they get there, If AMD were to change this they'd be in a much better position.

1 of the issues with AMD is they tend to hire the "I'm all about open source maaannnnn" types of hippies where as Nvidia aggressively go on a hiring spree to get the blood thirsty sharks of the industry that want to be number 1 regardless of what it costs or how they get there, If AMD were to change this they'd be in a much better position.

Yup exactly. The main reason amd are taking the "open source good, closed source bad" approach is because they are last and with a sub par solution so there is literally no other path they can take, that and they want an over the fence approach with their solutions (Roy basically said this himself way back in the day) i.e. they don't take ownership and let the community take ownership which I 100% understand.

Alan-Wake-2-NVIDIA-RTX4090-benchmarks.png

dGojeLC.png

Imagine having a 3070 Ti and seeing a 12GB 3060 getting double the fps :p

Imagine having a 3080 10GB and seeing a 12GB 3060 and 5 year old gpu the 2080ti 11GB beating it massively...and an AMD 6700XT.. @1440P...

CBJWxQY.png

SIiTW8d.jpg

All down to having 1GB-2GB less VRAM... seems Nvidia's plan works and why they didn't originally give it the 12GB it should have had... but when they did give the extra 2GB VRAM they charged £1000/$1000 for it without even giving a real msrp on it....

Last edited:
Yup exactly. The main reason amd are taking the "open source good, closed source bad" approach is because they are last and with a sub par solution so there is literally no other path they can take, that and they want an over the fence approach with their solutions (Roy basically said this himself way back in the day) i.e. they don't take ownership and let the community take ownership which I 100% understand.

No they are not.. How dare you!

Intel are last. For now, lol.

Imagine having a 3080 10GB and seeing a 12GB 3060 and 5 year old gpu the 2080ti 11GB beating it massively...and an AMD 6700XT.. @1440P...

CBJWxQY.png

SIiTW8d.jpg

All down to having 1GB-2GB less VRAM... seems Nvidia's plan works and why they didn't originally give it the 12GB it should have had... but when they did give the extra 2GB VRAM they charged £1000/$1000 for it without even giving a real msrp on it....

Yup I wish I paid the additional £600+ to get an extra 9 fps to take me to 15 fps or an extra £750 to take me to 31 fps at 1440p :cry:

Hopefully more sites get results up soon as some variance between TPU and PCGH:

lLZPgDf.png

No they are not.. How dare you!

Intel are last. For now, lol.

I honestly would pick intel over amd tbh, their xess solution is better (and suspect their fake frames will also be better when it arrives) and they are focussing on RT but would need something around 4080 perf. levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
I honestly would pick intel over amd tbh, their xess solution is better (and suspect their fake frames will also be better when it arrives) and they are focussing on RT but would need something around 4080 perf. levels.

I forecast two gens and Intel will have a better product and probably more market share unless AMD get the finger out.

I forecast two gens and Intel will have a better product and probably more market share unless AMD get the finger out.
I honestly won't be surprised.

If I upgrade my cpu etc. personally I'm going back to intel, 5800x3d is great when it works and the cache is used but more often than not, intel just seem to be consistent, which is amds biggest problem, consistency......

Yup I wish I paid the additional £600+ to get an extra 9 fps to take me to 15 fps or an extra £750 to take me to 31 fps at 1440p :cry:

Hopefully more sites get results up soon as some variance between TPU and PCGH:
31fps is over 3x 9fps... name a generation that has lost as much performance overnight and their lower range cards beat their so called top gaming card at the time. See the problem now ? Remember these words Planned Obsolescence... Even the 2080ti with 1GB extra is now over 50% faster than the 3080 10GB.

Ohh also for all the people that said the 2080ti was dead because the 3070 is the new £500 2080ti performance king... lool 3070 3.1fps vs 2080ti 24.8fps... Now you see why I was telling 2080ti owners not to fire sell their cards as the 3070 is a fake 2080ti with VRAM and bandwidth issues.

2080ti owners that held out are now aware of all this and even now wanting to update realised there is nothing worth updating to for now.

Last edited:
31fps is over 3x 9fps... name a generation that has lost as much performance overnight and their lower range cards beat their so called top gaming card at the time. See the problem now ? Remember these words Planned Obsolescence... Even the 2080ti with 1GB extra is now over 50% faster than the 3080 10GB.

Ohh also for all the people that said the 2080ti was dead because the 3070 is the new £500 2080ti performance king... lool 3070 3.1fps vs 2080ti 24.8fps... Now you see why I was telling 2080ti owners not to fire sell their cards as the 3070 is a fake 2080ti with VRAM and bandwidth issues.

2080ti owners that held out are now aware of all this and even now wanting to update realised their is nothing worth updating to for now.

You make it out like the 2080ti etc. are much more playable when reality is they aren't and again, see pcgh benchmark..... With quality upsampling, it's getting a whopping 11 fps whilst a 6900xt is getting a whopping 10 fps lol...... Yes planned obsolescence on all older/weaker gpus, shocking for gpus that are now 3+ years old :cry:

Again, don't forget TPU results are without upscaling, it's native, even 2080ti and 3090 users will be enabling dlss here...

At least we finally have a game that is worthy of demanding both grunt AND vram though unlike the dumpster fire of fc 6 :cry: The £700+ saved may go towards a 4090 or maybe the 4080ti sooner than later :p But will see what geforce now ultimate does ;)

Last edited:
Seems dsogaming reporting 3080 being better than 2080ti too:

Fl98IN9.png

9S3RMkf.png

Not that either are playable.

I'm going to assume that the only results that are worth paying attention to now are TPU and the others are irrelevant/wrong though ;) :p :D

Actually, it is pretty shocking for GPUs that are 3 years old....

For a game that is using the most intensive path tracing to date where basically all gpus bar a 4080 and 4090 are ******** the bed? Not really imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom