• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3080 launched doing 4K RT'ing@60 fps and if I'm reading correctly-it can't even do DLSS Rt'ing@1440p a year after it was replaced, your right though it's not a slap, considering some 3070s were sold at retail for £900!, 3080s at retail £1299+it's not a slap, it's more like taking a battering ram to your groin area.
The 3080 was one of the best price to performance GPUs ever alongside the 1080ti, what other GPU still outperforms all new GPUs out 3 years later in the majority of games for at or under its MSRP? Even the 1080ti couldn’t manage that feat.

If people went and paid double the MSRP then that’s 100% on them but at least at the time they had the option to mine the difference unlike todays rip off products.

Last edited:
The 3080 was one of the best price to performance GPUs ever alongside the 1080ti, what other GPU still outperforms all new GPUs out 3 years later in the majority of games for at or under its MSRP? Even the 1080ti couldn’t manage that feat.

If people went and paid double the MSRP then that’s 100% on them but at least at the time they had the option to mine the difference unlike todays rip off products.

Funny thing is the 3080 out performs the 4070 at times :o Nvidia and amd really taking the **** this gen with all gpus below the high/halo products.

£££/££££ well spent though.....

heFgfM2.png

NVVCTwd.png

At the end of the day though, we don't need this stuff, it's a luxury, ranting about it on here will never change anything. If you cant afford it or justify it's worth it to yourself then just don't buy it. As with any hobby, it's only worth what it's worth to you.

Exactly.

I would love to see more games like cp 2077 and AW 2 as then I could justify the purchase of a 4090 but as it is, no point especially when you see things like the above :o

Skylines 2 is not a worthy game to use against any Benchmark or metric down to the fact that it has suspect optimisation problems, just like Starfield and a bunch of others.

And here lies the problem, the moment a poorly optimised game is released, every tech blog around publishes their sensational graphs and reviews because that drives views, the focus goes away from optimisation fixes etc.

Last edited:
@Nexus18 I will say though, in terms of just building something all new from scratch like I did bar having an older 2nd tv rig with a 3600/b450m/rx580 8gb, this 4070 build in my sig 'just works' with anything I throw at it at 1440p max settings, and at worst I can DLSS/FG/Reflex as a backup. Which in CP with RT on Psycho was a nice bonus...

Unlike the old days where it'd be a simple case of "your PC's not powerful enough mate, upgrade... AGAIN!"

I totally get why though people with last gen would be not inclined to bother upgrading to this gen though.

Last edited:
Skylines 2 is not a worthy game to use against any Benchmark or metric down to the fact that it has suspect optimisation problems, just like Starfield and a bunch of others.

And here lies the problem, the moment a poorly optimised game is released, every tech blog around publishes their sensational graphs and reviews because that drives views, the focus goes away from optimisation fixes etc.
Yep journos/yt loosers/clickbait narcissists all jump on the bandwagon, I mean god forbid it was actually the games fault for being poorly coded/optimized... That'd be unheard of right?

It's frustrating because readers then hit socials and everyone goes mad because a top end card can't even raster said game with a solid 60fps so people think they need magical hardware to run such a "demanding" game, when in fact the real issue is with the developer not having the time or resources to do the most important thing, optimise.

It's frustrating because readers then hit socials and everyone goes mad because a top end card can't even raster said game with a solid 60fps so people think they need magical hardware to run such a "demanding" game, when in fact the real issue is with the developer not having the time or resources to do the most important thing, optimise.
BuT tEh InTeRnEt SaId...

Well that is kind of my point, most games released lately have all been dumpster fires :cry: Robocop runs pretty well but graphics are pretty meh.

So far the only game where the likes of a 4090 are justifiable IMO is cp 2077 PT and portal rtx and now AW 2, time will come where obviously there will be more games and so on but hopefully we'll have the new gen gpus out by then too.

@Nexus18 I will say though, in terms of just building something all new from scratch like I did bar having an older 2nd tv rig with a 3600/b450m/rx580 8gb, this 4070 build in my sig 'just works' with anything I throw at it at 1440p max settings, and at worst I can DLSS/FG/Reflex as a backup. Which in CP with RT on Psycho was a nice bonus...

Unlike the old days where it'd be a simple case of "your PC's not powerful enough mate, upgrade... AGAIN!"

I totally get why though people with last gen would be not inclined to bother upgrading to this gen though.

Frame generation is great but you really need to have a base fps of at least 55-60, which is definitely doable with RT but not path tracing, at least on a 4070(ti) anyway.

Few understand :p ;) :D

I'm amazed that we are still in this situation though, how many times have developers etc. been called out for these **** releases to only end up having it happen again a couple months later, you would think all the bad PR would make them reconsider releasing it too soon but alas people keep pre-ordering.....

Well that is kind of my point, most games released lately have all been dumpster fires :cry: Robocop runs pretty well but graphics are pretty meh.

So far the only game where the likes of a 4090 are justifiable IMO is cp 2077 PT and portal rtx and now AW 2, time will come where obviously there will be more games and so on but hopefully we'll have the new gen gpus out by then too.

Frame generation is great but you really need to have a base fps of at least 55-60, which is definitely doable with RT but not path tracing, at least on a 4070(ti) anyway.

Few understand :p ;) :D

I'm amazed that we are still in this situation though, how many times have developers etc. been called out for these **** releases to only end up having it happen again a couple months later, you would think all the bad PR would make them reconsider releasing it too soon but alas people keep pre-ordering.....
Yeah mate, I just use RT, PT is a big no no haha, IIRC in PL I had like 26-33 fps with everything maxed at 1440p DLSS/FG/Reflex/PT...

RT on psycho was enough for me though TBF, it's always a nice bonus but not a necessity for me, I'll always try it out though as I've nothing to loose :)

I just enjoy all my games on steam. Every game I have I can always access on a laptop or even a steam deck. I enjoy that aspect.

Also who buys games full price on steam on the regular? For example i have Tekken 8 on pre-order at the moment. That is £34.99 from cdkeys and should be getting quid or two cashback also.

Most games I don't pay more than £35. I got HZD for less than a tenner as I recall on cdkeys.

PS5 is nice and all that. But if you care about having access to games in one place whenever you want, consoles is not the way.
Mean, not all PC games are on Steam, so I can't really support the Steam argument anymore, lets say for sake of argument, you wanted to play Fortnite or even World of Warcraft or even Valorant, well non of those are on Steam and are pretty dominant on numbers.

I don't disagree with being able to buy games on sales, but I think you are mis understanding here, I have bought games on the PS5 that are cheaper then CD keys, Horizon ZD is old so its understandably cheap, I am was even referring to FW, which will be full priced when it gets released on PC.

Not to mention PC games are taking longer to go on sale to stupid cheap prices on Steam these days.

I just enjoy all my games on steam. Every game I have I can always access on a laptop or even a steam deck. I enjoy that aspect.

Also who buys games full price on steam on the regular? For example i have Tekken 8 on pre-order at the moment. That is £34.99 from cdkeys and should be getting quid or two cashback also.

Most games I don't pay more than £35. I got HZD for less than a tenner as I recall on cdkeys.

PS5 is nice and all that. But if you care about having access to games in one place whenever you want, consoles is not the way.
That's because you're a naughty swine who supports the sale of stolen cd keys robbing those poor devs of their hard earnt money and the company they work for, not being able to buy another private plane/10th yacht...

How do you sleep at night!

:cry:

I did read something awhile ago regarding thew new Postal (I think it was) and the devs said they'd rather you pirate it than give money to those scummy sites that steal cd keys and resell them, as at least that way no one makes profit off their hard work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Mean, not all PC games are on Steam, so I can't really support the Steam argument anymore, lets say for sake of argument, you wanted to play Fortnite or even World of Warcraft or even Valorant, well non of those are on Steam and are pretty dominant on numbers.

I don't disagree with being able to buy games on sales, but I think you are mis understanding here, I have bought games on the PS5 that are cheaper then CD keys, Horizon ZD is old so its understandably cheap, I am was even referring to FW, which will be full priced when it gets released on PC.

Not to mention PC games are taking longer to go on sale to stupid cheap prices on Steam these days.

Fair enough. Still like all my games on steam though. Only game I have that I care about that is not on steam is StarCitizen.

Horses for courses in the end. This is another one of those where there is no wrong or right, just preference.

The 3080 launched doing 4K RT'ing@60 fps and if I'm reading correctly-it can't even do DLSS Rt'ing@1440p a year after it was replaced, your right though it's not a slap, considering some 3070s were sold at retail for £900!, 3080s at retail £1299+it's not a slap, it's more like taking a battering ram to your groin area.

:p

F85erF6WcAAMlKY

rtx4070, 1080p 60fps, medium RT with Quality DLSS. I guess Performance should be ok for 1440p with a RTX3080. A more than 3 years old card. Should games remain the same so it should still do 4k@60fps RT, with Performance DLSS?

F85erF6WcAAMlKY

rtx4070, 1080p 60fps, medium RT with Quality DLSS. I guess Performance should be ok for 1440p with a RTX3080. A more than 3 years old card. Should games remain the same so it should still do 4k@60fps RT, with Performance DLSS?
This is such a stupid chart...
Why doesn't it just list each res with the different settings/fps they can achieve and wether they can do that chosen setting be it min/middle/max at said with with or without RT.
Seems like sucha random way to do it, when some of this hardware can clearly achieve higher settings/fps?

I would expect this title to be vram heavy tbf given how much detail has been packed in it so 4k will be tough, even with dlss but then it's not like any other gpu outside of a 4080/4090 (not factoring in frame gen) is going to fair much better due to lack of RT grunt.

So a 4070 with max settings at 1440p and dlss quality according to nvidia slide will be getting what, maybe 45-50 fps without frame generation?

Reckon on a 3080, it will be playable at 3440x1440 with medium, probably even max and dlss balanced.

aF7bxAYh.png

Even medium preset will look great:

tBLehx2h.png

@Nexus18 I'm confused though, as that doesn't match what the first table shows? Or am I being thick, that says Ultra settings 2160p with a 4070 and dlss set to performance is 60 fps, so using those settings but at 1440p should easily do 60fps 1440p max settings on quality dlss, and with FG/Reflex will probably end up with the bonus of RT with that as well?

F85erF6WcAAMlKY

I genuinely bet you I'm right when it comes to the reality of playing it vs these conflicting tables/graphs?

Regardless of RT, with the magic of DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex it'll easily do max 1440p above 60fps, they did that video showing FG on/off and last time they did that with CP those results in the real world were correct with my 4070, we know usually marketing etc is bs but they seem to actually do what they claim when it comes to dlss3.5/fg/reflex with these videos vs reality?

I mean the fact with PL I was able to even use RT on psycho and still get 65-75fps in savage busy areas or sometimes 90's is pretty decent for that kind of game?

We shall see when it comes out. My moneys on I'm right on this, they wouldn't release those videos direct on Nvidia's youtube showing the ON/OFF gains of DLSS3.5/FG if the cards they're selling cant do it as everyone would sue them/return them in an instant - if some random YT'er was claiming this to be a thing on a backhander sponsor, sure I'd call bs...
But direct from Nvidia seems a bit of a stretch when as I say that was true for me when they did the same video for CP...

In case you missed it this is the video I'm referring to that I posted before:

And this is the one that reigned true from my own testing with CP:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom