• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New best RT showcase? (second to metro ee anyway)
Nah - Dying Light 2 did RT better than this (No RT GI here) - besides, as excellent as Metro is, I think Cyberpunk is still the high water mark for RT.

Interesting how crippled the PS5 version is though - those are some deep cuts for a so-called 'quality' mode.

Apropos of nothing, I've just started playing Metro Exodus EE in earnest recently and it's by far the most taxing game I've yet played on my 6800 XT. The framerate is generally fine but certain areas (the catfish terminal) dropped FPS to below 50 at times. I was able to counteract it with RT down to normal and RSR with a 1080p render resolution (native is 1440p). It still looked fine to me and the additional performance was welcome.

What's insane is how it stresses the cooling on my GPU. The Sapphire Nitro+ retained perfectly acceptable temps of 60°c core and 88°c hotspot (my cards always had a large delta) but where in most games that can be maintained with fan speeds of around 1480rpm in Metro EE it needs to run at 2600-2700rpm. On the plus side I'm even more impressed by Sapphire's engineering as the card isn't stupidly loud, and is mostly drowned out by the system and AIO fans (all that heat dumped in the case means with the AIO set to exhaust the first CCD of my 5900X hits 70°c+ at times).

Very good looking game.

Nah - Dying Light 2 did RT better than this (No RT GI here) - besides, as excellent as Metro is, I think Cyberpunk is still the high water mark for RT.

Interesting how crippled the PS5 version is though - those are some deep cuts for a so-called 'quality' mode.

Yeah DL 2 is very good and in many respects better here. Chernobylite defo has some big wins over it though such as the draw distance for RT effects.

Not too surprising the consoles compromises given the hardware powering them, which is a shame as it is very evident now that developers are dying to use RT wherever they can, perhaps the consoles refreshes will allow them this freedom though.....

Apropos of nothing, I've just started playing Metro Exodus EE in earnest recently and it's by far the most taxing game I've yet played on my 6800 XT. The framerate is generally fine but certain areas (the catfish terminal) dropped FPS to below 50 at times. I was able to counteract it with RT down to normal and RSR with a 1080p render resolution (native is 1440p). It still looked fine to me and the additional performance was welcome.

What's insane is how it stresses the cooling on my GPU. The Sapphire Nitro+ retained perfectly acceptable temps of 60°c core and 88°c hotspot (my cards always had a large delta) but where in most games that can be maintained with fan speeds of around 1480rpm in Metro EE it needs to run at 2600-2700rpm. On the plus side I'm even more impressed by Sapphire's engineering as the card isn't stupidly loud, and is mostly drowned out by the system and AIO fans (all that heat dumped in the case means with the AIO set to exhaust the first CCD of my 5900X hits 70°c+ at times).

Very good looking game.

Same here with a 3080 that is undervolted big time 1815 @ .825, fans still goes nuts with temps hitting 77.

It's a real burner! I too have an undervolt (1.075 initially but it crashed eventually so I raised it to 1.1v) but it doesn't help much. RT is like the equivalent of AVX for CPUs.
Yep. When I had a 3080 my undervolt was very good. Had no issues in normal games and even some RT ones. But in certain games like Cyberpunk 2077 it would crash due to RT.

Oh dear, another game announced with RT effects, will be sure to rustle some jimmies as people are not going to be able to call RT a gimmick, pointless etc. for much longer, well they will even when literally every game is RT only :cry: :cool:

F1 22 will have Ray Tracing Shadows, Reflections & Ambient Occlusion + First PC Gameplay Footage

This was no surprise, I own F1 2021 and RT was included in that. I even put up some videos of it on vs off on my YouTube channel using my 3090.

It does not make that much difference to the overall image quality though other reducing FPS.

RT on

RT off

@Nexus18

I have a comparison saved from when I tested it on the 6900 XT in an earlier F1 2021 video. Left screenshot is RT off right is RT on.
5oxdYiX.jpg

Last edited:
This was no surprise, I own F1 2021 and RT was included in that. I even put up some videos of it on vs off on my YouTube channel using my 3090.

It does not make that much difference to the overall image quality though other reducing FPS.

RT on

RT off

@Nexus18

I have a comparison saved from when I tested it on the 6900 XT in an earlier F1 2021 video. Left screenshot is RT off right is RT on.
5oxdYiX.jpg

Yup that one wasn't great due to the limited RT effects/implementation, that and the nature of the game doesn't make it stand out compared to other titles. PS a better comparison than just your carefully selected screenshot though ;) :cry:

This one appears to have dialled up the effects and is also using AO too so will see how it looks in comparison, awaits digital foundrys in depth look :)

I've never played anything with RT, but from what I've seen it looks like the most significant graphical improvement for some time. 1440p + 144hz + RT + High/Ultra should be well catered for with the 4000 and 7000 cards. 4k/144hz/RT/High or Ultra might need to wait for the 2024 GPUs.

I'm curious what Remedy will do with Alan Wake 2. From the trailer, it looks like they'll make use of RT, which makes sense on the back of Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom