• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some modder added RT shadows and ambient occlusion, To Spiderman along with colour grading, Looks really nice, Makes the game feel more alive, Basic version is freely available with a little guide.

Link in the video info box.

Personally I find those "injection" methods via reshade pretty poor, in certain scenes it can look good but a lot of the time, it doesn't look right since it can only work with what is in your view vector/screen.

Personally the only thing I like from that is the colour grading, Looks much more vibrant without being over done.
True that. I stopped using reshade/sweetfx after the initial wow factor dropped as started to notice crushed blacks/shadow detail and overblown highlights in a few areas, it is great for adding some extra clarity/sharpness to games though (amd and nvidia obviously sharpeners but they are nowhere as good imo)

All in all, spiderman is a nice looking game as is but like a lot of open world games, it's incredibly empty/lifeless feeling, I rather have lesser graphics if it meant the game world felt more lived in.

Seems Saint row has RT AO:

aUWv7LF.png

vEDOeF9.png

Without RTAO, there are many areas that should be somewhat shadowed, like under the awning on the building and the AC unit on the truck. Even the lowest level of RTAO makes things look more realistic, for a relatively small hit to performance. Each additional level of RTAO darkens the shadowed areas slightly, but the visual gains are pretty minor and you can certainly get by with the low or medium RTAO settings.
The performance impact of RTAO ends up being around 10–25% for most GPUs, though the RX 6500 XT takes a much larger 47% hit to performance, even at medium quality (for both the preset and RTAO). The RTX 3090 Ti still squeaks past the 60 fps mark at 4K and maxed out settings, but since it's typically around 10% faster than the next closest GPU (RTX 3090), it's probably the only card that can consistently do so right now.

AMD sponsored game it seems and no upscaling tech, not even FSR 2. Hopefully get an update soon with it though to allow more gpus to play at 4k60 other than just the 1 flagship gpu :cry:

Seems Saint row has RT AO:

aUWv7LF.png

vEDOeF9.png

AMD sponsored game it seems and no upscaling tech, not even FSR 2. Hopefully get an update soon with it though to allow more gpus to play at 4k60 other than just the 1 flagship gpu :cry:

It seems I guessed right :p

Never did like the old Saints Row stuff, but will check out the reviews when it comes out.

Nearly done with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Will be moving on to God of War or HZD next, even though I played them on PS4 Pro a few years ago, they just look stunning on my Alienware and well worth playing again :D

Since getting the 3080 Ti FE and 12700KF, I feel enabling RT is mostly trivial now. It no longer is the "crysis" system killer of current times like it was on the 2070 Super, games like Guardians of the Galaxy pull an average of 75fps at 3440x1440 144Hz with max RTX, HDR and all settings. With DLSS on Quality it rises to 114fps average with no drop in picture quality as is now the norm.

We live in great times for gaming, just the number of quality games that have AAA gameplay combined with AAA sound direction and AAA graphical technologies is very very very slim.

Cyberpunk is the best example of those combinations but only just, since it still has many bugs and story flaws that are missing from what was originally promised. I have played so many games that looked like they would be great experiences but either end up getting bored because of bland game worlds or repetitive gameplay. Cyberpunk is the only one I have put nearly 200 hours into and really enjoyed it even through the bugs, but sadly that was with DLSS set to balanced and a couple of settings lowered to maintain 60fps with RTX set to the highest as I must have RTX in games like that.

I have the gut feeling that Calisto Protocol later this year will be the one that really nails those three areas, yeah it's an AMD sponsored game, but as above, a half decent GFX card from nVidia can enable RTX and still carry above 60fps without having DLSS so there is no need to fret much any more really.

Since getting the 3080 Ti FE and 12700KF, I feel enabling RT is mostly trivial now. It no longer is the "crysis" system killer of current times like it was on the 2070 Super, games like Guardians of the Galaxy pull an average of 75fps at 3440x1440 144Hz with max RTX, HDR and all settings. With DLSS on Quality it rises to 114fps average with no drop in picture quality as is now the norm.

We live in great times for gaming, just the number of quality games that have AAA gameplay combined with AAA sound direction and AAA graphical technologies is very very very slim.

Cyberpunk is the best example of those combinations but only just, since it still has many bugs and story flaws that are missing from what was originally promised. I have played so many games that looked like they would be great experiences but either end up getting bored because of bland game worlds or repetitive gameplay. Cyberpunk is the only one I have put nearly 200 hours into and really enjoyed it even through the bugs, but sadly that was with DLSS set to balanced and a couple of settings lowered to maintain 60fps with RTX set to the highest as I must have RTX in games like that.

I have the gut feeling that Calisto Protocol later this year will be the one that really nails those three areas, yeah it's an AMD sponsored game, but as above, a half decent GFX card from nVidia can enable RTX and still carry above 60fps without having DLSS so there is no need to fret much any more really.

That's because the amount of Ray Tracing been used in games is Trivial. And AMD sponsored games use less. Our current hardware isn't capable of doing anything approaching proper Ray Tracing.

Ah shame. First Godfall, then FC6 and now Saints Row… AMD just can’t seem to catch a break :p

Played Godfall and Far Cry 6, I went in with an open mind and honestly they are just plain bad, Graphically ok nothing that made me say "wow" but the gameplay and stories are just so mediocre. I honestly wish AMD would attach their tech/optimisations and name to games that are really good instead of mediocre.

Reactions: TNA
Played Godfall and Far Cry 6, I went in with an open mind and honestly they are just plain bad, Graphically ok nothing that made me say "wow" but the gameplay and stories are just so mediocre. I honestly wish AMD would attach their tech/optimisations and name to games that are really good instead of mediocre.

I enjoyed Farcry 6 and completed it doing just about everything in the game. Never tried Godfall though as almost everyone says its crap along with reviews. Cyberpunk on the other hand was a complete let down. i expected so much more but sent it back after a day as i just couldn't get into it. It's really weird as i have completed Farcry 3/4/5/6 Primal and New dawn this year along with Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War. My woman demanded i spend more time with her and she enjoys watching me playing these type of games hence loads completed this year. Having done all these i expected to like Cyberpunk but it just felt all wrong to me.

I enjoyed Farcry 6 and completed it doing just about everything in the game. Never tried Godfall though as almost everyone says its crap along with reviews. Cyberpunk on the other hand was a complete let down. i expected so much more but sent it back after a day as i just couldn't get into it. It's really weird as i have completed Farcry 3/4/5/6 Primal and New dawn this year along with Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War. My woman demanded i spend more time with her and she enjoys watching me playing these type of games hence loads completed this year. Having done all these i expected to like Cyberpunk but it just felt all wrong to me.

I liked Far Cry 1, 2, 3, Blood Dragon and 5. 4, Primal and 6 I just found to be a little poo, 6 looks too close to cartoony to me, I know it's not but it's on the verge, Just a cheap looking game to me.

Cyberpunk is gorgeous to look at but is a really mediocre RPG mixed with a really mediocre FPS, CDPR should never have announced a release date and brought it out 2-3 years later as that amount of dev time would have given us a product miles better than what we have now.

Interesting numbers, 6400 DDR5 makes a fair bit of difference over DDR4 when RT is being used in Spiderman, At 1440P the 12900K using DDR5 has a 22FPS lead over the 5800X3D but is 4FPS slower than the 5800X3D when using DDR4.

Did you have the optional HD textures enabled though? I hear those made a huge difference but you needed a card with 16gb or more to use them.

Unless your saying you did and it was still meh? :p:cry::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom