• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ceiling's actually reflecting the illuminated billboards at the back there - you can also see more detail in the reflection of the 'Combat Cab' billboard on the ceiling.
You can but the whole trajectory is wrong, the distance to the ceiling proposes that the light emitted from such a thing means the billboards at the back are closer to the ceiling than they are, all looks very mathematically incorrect.
The red glowing TV thing looks better in non RT too as the ceiling would not be reflecting such high detail from a TV screen, just the light emitted.

RT in cyberpunk seems to treat all surfaces almost as if they are matierialistically mirrors.

Last edited:
Screenshots only show a very small part of what RT brings too, even though I post a lot of screenshot comparisons, you will never get a sense of just how good it is until you play for yourself in order to be able to see how light bouncing, reflections etc. works with your own eyes and as you move about especially with shadows (shadows will never show properly with a static screenshot...)

People love to give of about DF/Alex being nvidia shills but at the end of the day, his knowledge and ability to demonstrate exactly what, where and how RT impacts visuals is second to none, certainly would take his word over people who take screenshots of wood/brickwork to show "no difference" when the game only has implemented RT reflections on glass/metal objects :cry:

Fingers crossed it is at the very least matching a 3090/ti in RT as if not, that is a pretty big let down imo, been pretty poor having a 3070 matching a 6900xt in previous games with RT but to now have it matching/besting the absolute flagship by amd isn't a good show imo but at the same time I always did expect this to happen tbh. I'm very wary of "real world" results of rdna 3 RT tbh, as iirc, their RT scenarios weren't maxed out RT and using the second down from "max"? That and iirc, the slides were "up to xxxx amount faster"? RDNA 2 is "ok" with RT when RT settings are reduced a notch or 2 or other settings are sacrificed.

That time of the month again eh.... :cry: :p

That extra 3GB of vram really going to town with giving a 2080ti an extra 4 fps over the 3070 8gb :D Doesn't seem like the extra vram is really helping that much in this tbh

- amd cards are hit hard regardless of 16gb vram, can't even help the top end flagship surpass a "mid-tier" 8gb nvidia card
- intel arc 8gb gpus is matching nvidias 12gb 3060 and 6800xt 16gb
- 2070 8gb is matching 6800 16gb

It was always expected consoles would end up going back to 30 fps for all eye candy and 4k, especially when factoring in RT, always the way with console lifecycle, at the end of the day, they are equivalent to a 2070s, which is how old now?

The reality is that the 3070 loses 25% performance in 1% lows because it only has 8gb vram. It doesn't need 11gb, it's likely 10gb would be enough to regain the lost performance

The amd issue is a seperate thing, looks like they have a driver problem that tanks Performance on all their cards.

Last edited:
Screenshots only show a very small part of what RT brings too, even though I post a lot of screenshot comparisons, you will never get a sense of just how good it is until you play for yourself in order to be able to see how light bouncing, reflections etc. works with your own eyes and as you move about especially with shadows (shadows will never show properly with a static screenshot...)

People love to give of about DF/Alex being nvidia shills but at the end of the day, his knowledge and ability to demonstrate exactly what, where and how RT impacts visuals is second to none, certainly would take his word over people who take screenshots of wood/brickwork to show "no difference" when the game only has implemented RT reflections on glass/metal objects :cry:
I mean I am glad those bad screenshots were given, they reflect non cherry picked scenarios.

You can but the whole trajectory is wrong, the distance to the ceiling proposes that the light emitted from such a thing means the billboards at the back are closer to the ceiling than they are, all looks very mathematically incorrect.
The red glowing TV thing looks better in non RT too as the ceiling would not be reflecting such high detail from a TV screen, just the light emitted.

RT in cyberpunk seems to treat all surfaces almost as if they are matierialistically mirrors.
I think it's entirely likely that the further away from the player, the less accurate the solution becomes (for performance reasons) - also (as you can see in Spider-Man) the geometry that's actually reflected is typically a LOD or two down - again, for performance considerations. The ceiling may be a little whack because geometry that should be present to occlude the reflections isn't visible to the RT at that range.

The Combat Cab sign looks OK to me because it's reflecting on a semi-glossy metallic surface - there's some roughness there but not enough to fully diffuse the reflection - as to why? Well - Cyberpunk loves it's reflective surfaces - welcome to the future baby! :cool:

I think it's entirely likely that the further away from the player, the less accurate the solution becomes (for performance reasons) - also (as you can see in Spider-Man) the geometry that's actually reflected is typically a LOD or two down - again, for performance considerations. The ceiling may be a little whack because geometry that should be present to occlude the reflections isn't visible to the RT at that range.

The Combat Cab sign looks OK to me because it's reflecting on a semi-glossy metallic surface - there's some roughness there but not enough to fully diffuse the reflection - as to why? Well - Cyberpunk loves it's reflective surfaces - welcome to the future baby! :cool:
I like your reasoning and it makes sense.

The reality is that the 3070 loses 25% performance in 1% lows because it only has 8gb vram. It doesn't need 11gb, it's likely 10gb would be enough to regain the lost performance

The amd issue is a seperate thing, looks like they have a driver problem that tanks Performance on all their cards.

NS99bXy.png

4k max with no dlss and RT. That is going to consume far more vram than 1440p or non RT thus obviously vram is not a big issue as per purgatory claim otherwise a 3070 would be hit much harder in the 1% lows as we have seen in other games..... hence these points again:

- amd cards are hit hard regardless of 16gb vram, can't even help the top end flagship surpass a "mid-tier" 8gb nvidia card
- intel arc 8gb gpus is matching nvidias 12gb 3060 and 6800xt 16gb
- 2070 8gb is matching 6800 16gb

AMD gpu isn't a driver issue, it's just their poor RT performance, no amount of vram can't make up for that.

However, amd cpus do have a driver issue or/and it's a game issue with the SMT as intel are destroying them in this game.

I mean I am glad those bad screenshots were given, they reflect non cherry picked scenarios.

You mean videos "illustrating" the effects/differences of where RT makes a difference.....

Most of the game is as shown in them videos but as we have established, you need to know where, what and how RT impacts the image.

If you want cherry picked screenshots, here you go:
nOppPgP.jpg

qWIeNOq.jpg

X9kQn0W.jpg

EKi8OU2.jpg

rzOtlrQ.jpg

PwOFKKg.jpg

Q0YUnIn.jpg

TR8EVl5.jpg

g6qNaRX.jpg

rD8jjgA.jpg

UFL7u1T.jpg

Y66YdO7.jpg

Rather than going by videos, screenshots like most do when they come to the conclusion of "RT sucks" or whatever, why not try for yourself and make an informed decision based on your preferences?

Last edited:
NS99bXy.png

4k max with no dlss and RT. That is going to consume far more vram than 1440p or non RT thus obviously vram is not a big issue as per purgatory claim otherwise a 3070 would be hit much harder in the 1% lows as we have seen in other games..... hence these points again:

AMD gpu isn't a driver issue, it's just their poor RT performance, no amount of vram can't make up for that.

However, amd cpus do have a driver issue or/and it's a game issue with the SMT as intel are destroying them in this game.

You mean videos "illustrating" the effects/differences of where RT makes a difference.....

Most of the game is as shown in them videos but as we have established, you need to know where, what and how RT impacts the image.

If you want cherry picked screenshots, here you go:
nOppPgP.jpg

qWIeNOq.jpg

X9kQn0W.jpg

EKi8OU2.jpg

rzOtlrQ.jpg

PwOFKKg.jpg

Q0YUnIn.jpg

TR8EVl5.jpg

g6qNaRX.jpg

rD8jjgA.jpg

UFL7u1T.jpg

Y66YdO7.jpg

Rather than going by videos, screenshots like most do when they come to the conclusion of "RT sucks" or whatever, why not try for yourself and make an informed decision based on your preferences?
The game is trash and not something I would stick with is why I won't ever have first hand experience with it.

I have to say, full credit to the CDPR artists - in some of those images (reflections aside) the rasterized lighting really is pretty darn close to the RT lighting - there's a lot of subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences but Cyberpunk is still a looker, even with RT off.

I was quite disappointed with how Dying Light 2 looks with the RTGI turned off - the screen-space reflections are fine but the lack of screen-space ambient occlusion makes it look kinda last-gen with RT off - a real shame.

I have to say, full credit to the CDPR artists - in some of those images (reflections aside) the rasterized lighting really is pretty darn close to the RT lighting - there's a lot of subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences but Cyberpunk is still a looker, even with RT off.

I was quite disappointed with how Dying Light 2 looks with the RTGI turned off - the screen-space reflections are fine but the lack of screen-space ambient occlusion makes it look kinda last-gen with RT off - a real shame.

Yup I've said the raster implementation is really well done in cp 2077 many times before and still arguably the best looking game without RT too but you have a few on here who still say "intentionally gimped" to make RT look better :cry: :D

Ultimately I can see this becoming pretty common going forward now where unless RT is turned on, you'll be missing or/and have terrible shadows, AO, reflections etc. as developers will start to care less for raster methods with RT becoming more common and it's not a case of "nvidia paying developers to do this" either as look at a lot of amds sponsored games like riftbreaker, saints row where raster AO, shadows are missing almost entirely. Deathloop is another good example of where AO looks pretty bad unless RT AO is turned on.

I thought this was quite interesting, When using a simple 60FPS cap in Spiderman Remastered at 4K max along with DLSS set to Quality the performance and power savings are pretty decent compared to letting the frames shoot through the ceiling. But you then enable Frame Generation and CPU wattage drops by around 20 watts, Temps drop 2-3'c and GPU usage also drops by 9%. It was completely repeatable. Not a massive difference but I thought it was interesting.

xwVMd62.jpg
TqoH2Vp.jpg

Last edited:
The game is trash and not something I would stick with is why I won't ever have first hand experience with it.

I only have one playthrough and have over 100 hours on the steam. Horses for courses and all that, but I think calling the game trash is a bit much. Even I did not call Far Cry 6 trash and that was bloody boring as hell :p

Last edited:
I thought this was quite interesting, When using a simple 60FPS cap in Spiderman Remastered at 4K max along with DLSS set to Quality the performance and power savings are pretty decent compared to letting the frames shoot through the ceiling. But you then enable Frame Generation and CPU wattage drops by around 20 watts, Temps drop 2-3'c and GPU usage also drops by 9%. It was completely repeatable. Not a massive difference but I thought it was interesting.

xwVMd62.jpg
TqoH2Vp.jpg

Both are expected behaviour.

CPU usage drops because with FG on, half the frames are fake which means the CPU only has to generate data for half the frames every 1 second compared to before.

GPU usage goes down because with FG on, half the frames are fake, so the GPU has less work to do (GPU still generates all 60 frames but half of them are much easier to generate and requires fewer compute resources).

So this is totally normal. If you are able to do 60fps with FG off, then enabling FG and keeping the 60fps cap will mean your CPU and GPU have less work to do

Last edited:
4090 for 60 FPS.

Rough times when it comes to excusing the wallet.

Sorry pall, but your last few comments come off as:

41-B49334-3-FCA-4681-B4-D4-266-D979-DF4-A8.png

:p;):cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom