• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting chat. I've already stated I find myself quite sensitive to latency, so believe that I might find it to be an issue, but probably not until these cards are older - If you're starting at a base of around 100fps, it probably won't matter, but as time passes, it sounds like these cards will age more quickly, especially if frame generation generates more and more frames artificially to try and keep up. In other words, starting performance will be good, but once it starts deteriorating, it will deteriorate quickly if that makes sense.

The thing with latency is you can't tell by watching videos, not a true sensation at least - It definitely needs to be felt to be understood.

Interesting chat. I've already stated I find myself quite sensitive to latency, so believe that I might find it to be an issue, but probably not until these cards are older - If you're starting at a base of around 100fps, it probably won't matter, but as time passes, it sounds like these cards will age more quickly, especially if frame generation generates more and more frames artificially to try and keep up. In other words, starting performance will be good, but once it starts deteriorating, it will deteriorate quickly if that makes sense.

The thing with latency is you can't tell by watching videos, not a true sensation at least - It definitely needs to be felt to be understood.

Yup especially on your own setup and with what peripherals you are using as well as the game itself. If you're playing something like cs:go, latency is king and chances are you'll be reducing settings and even res. anyway but if something like cp 2077, portal rtx where you might use a xbox pad, it's not absolutely necessary to keep your latency as low as possible imo unless you really value latency over everything else. Having said that with FPS PVP games, I always found it amusing in my BF days how I always topped leader boards with an insane k/d ratio and even easily taking out the so called pro comp. players using my 60hz monitor with vsync turned on whilst they had 144HZ gsync monitors :cry:

NVIDIA DLSS 3 is a game changer in Warhammer 40K: Darktide

At native 4K, the mighty RTX4090 is unable to run this game (with its RT effects) with smooth framerates. In order to get constant 60fps, we had to lower our resolution to 1440p or 1080p. However, our Intel i9 9900K was not able to push framerates higher than 76fps. And that’s where DLSS 3 comes in.

By enabling DLSS 3 Quality, we were able to more than double our performance at 4K. This was a game changer as the game felt great at 4K, and even better than native 1440p or native 1080p. We also did not experience any major latency issues as we were able to easily headshot our enemies. Mouse movement felt great. We also did not notice any visual artifacts with DLSS 3. Seriously, this is one of the best showcases of DLSS 3 as the game looks and performs great with it.

Nvidia must have paid them too.... :cry:

The old gaming site Dark Side of Gaming has just confirmed The Witcher 3 next gen update won't just have better screen space reflections but also RT Reflections for water etc... info is straight from Nvidia's article found HERE that was published today a little bit down the page.
  • RTX Global Illumination (RTXGI) adds more immersive and realistic outdoor ray-traced lighting
  • Ray-traced ambient occlusion improves shading around objects occluding light
  • Ray-traced shadows improve the fidelity, clarity and visibility of shadows
  • Ray-traced reflections increase the accuracy and quality of reflections on bodies of water and other suitably reflective surfaces
I've been wishing for that for ages :D

DLSS3 is now also confirmed.

Last edited:
The old gaming site Dark Side of Gaming has just confirmed The Witcher 3 next gen update won't just have better screen space reflections but also RT Reflections for water etc... info is straight from Nvidia's article found HERE that was published today a little bit down the page.
  • RTX Global Illumination (RTXGI) adds more immersive and realistic outdoor ray-traced lighting
  • Ray-traced ambient occlusion improves shading around objects occluding light
  • Ray-traced shadows improve the fidelity, clarity and visibility of shadows
  • Ray-traced reflections increase the accuracy and quality of reflections on bodies of water and other suitably reflective surfaces
I've been wishing for that for ages :D

DLSS3 is now also confirmed.

RT fans lately:

gItU5ij.gif

:p :D

Water looked awful in the original version so this will be a much welcomed improvement:

dVQw9Dg.png

dGf1UA0.png

Getting harder to resist a 4090 each day now! :D Must hold out for the 4080ti though :p

Yep they're idiots (dso gaming); anyone who still has old CPUs on their graphics card test bench is an idiot, there I said it

Friend of mine has an 8700K, Bought a 4090 and wonders why he's not getting the most out of his card, I did tell him "It's your CPU !" but he was like "But I have it overclocked !" some people are beyond help XD

It's also a bit crap how they decided to put extra death animations behind a paywall and sell it as DLC, Or so I've read.
They clarified that the death animations are 'extra content' that they haven't started work on yet - which is fair enough, however, for something like that I don't see why they couldn't just add those to the main game as an update when they start releasing the DLC. I get the desire to generate post-launch revenue but it does seem kinda cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom