The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

Soldato
Soldato
Id like to think he could play on both sides but Im not convinced he could play equally as well on the right as the left. It would be great if the best players in the world were all Englishmen but I just dont think Cole is there yet. I think he will be though with another major tournament under his belt

Soldato
I don't want us to sell Cole, who are we going to replace him with? Clichy looks like he has the potential but are we in a position where we can field someone with his poor positional sense at the moment? I;m guessing it going to take around a season to bring him up to scratch.

Loki, how exactly will 1 more tournament make him better? In the last 2 major tournaments he has been consistently one of Englands and the tournaments best players. He has played consistently well at the top level in the champions league aswell. I don't see what else he needs to do, i don't think the other left backs compare. I really dont want him to go :(.

Soldato
Loki, we're arguing about who is the best Left Back in the world. So how the hell can you say Zambrotta is a better Left Back than Cole because he can play Right Back, and on either wing?

Zambrotta and Cole both playing Left Back, Cole wins.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tommy D said:
Loki, we're arguing about who is the best Left Back in the world. So how the hell can you say Zambrotta is better than Cole because he can play Right Back, and on either wing?

Zambrotta and Cole both playing Left Back, Cole wins.

In your opinion. Mine differs. I think Zambrotta has better positional sense and doesnt get caught up the field attacking at every oppoortunity so hes a better left back. Being able to play left or right makes him a better all round player

Apologies for having a different opnion

Soldato
Loki said:
In your opinion. Mine differs. I think Zambrotta has better positional sense and doesnt get caught up the field attacking at every oppoortunity so hes a better left back. Being able to play left or right makes him a better all round player

Apologies for having a different opnion
I don't mind you having your opinion mate, I'm just saying I think it's stupid to say that because one player can play in several different positions it makes him a better LB than a guy who only plays at LB.

Soldato
CliffyG said:
I don't want us to sell Cole, who are we going to replace him with? Clichy looks like he has the potential but are we in a position where we can field someone with his poor positional sense at the moment? I;m guessing it going to take around a season to bring him up to scratch.

Clichy is out anyway till at least November iirc. Talk is we want Cash + Gallas for Cole, Chelsea said no, and offered SWP + Cash, we said no!

No idea on who will replace him. Traore looked good on Saturday, although he is far too young, there is still Justin Hoyte, Kerrea Gilbert has gone on a season long loan to Cardiff, poor lad. I expect we will sign someone.

Man of Honour
Tommy D said:
£20M+ for the best left back in the world? That's not a stupid price to me.
£25m according to the story & I agree that he's the best left back I've seen in recent years.
I'm not saying he's not worth it, he's better than Rio for instance I reckon, but if they want to get rid of him why risk Chelsea pulling out of the deal by just being greedy.

Soldato
But it's more than likely that Chelsea will pay the asking price. It's not as if money is a problem to them.

So at the end of the day, why not jack the price up.

Soldato
I dont want Cole to go either but if he's unhappy at Arsenal then good riddens go to Chelski for the money. We need cover in all defensive areas especially if he does go. Clichy's a great prospect but isnt there yet and has struggled with a couple of injuries too. Flamini is always an option again.

As for the best left back however good Zambrotta is, he isnt left footed. Cole will keep getting better with his best years ahead of him too with Zambrotta in the peak at the minute. Either way if you have either of them you laughing.

+44

Man of Honour
Tommy D said:
But it's more than likely that Chelsea will pay the asking price. It's not as if money is a problem to them.

I think that's probably what Arsenal are thinking, but I also think they're wrong. Chelsea can afford it but won't pay it when it's so blatantly obvious that's what Arsenal are trying to do:)

Soldato
Tommy D said:

Indeed as Arsene Wenger said. One transfer market for Chelsea and one for the rest of us

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
£25m according to the story & I agree that he's the best left back I've seen in recent years.
I'm not saying he's not worth it, he's better than Rio for instance I reckon, but if they want to get rid of him why risk Chelsea pulling out of the deal by just being greedy.

Because I expect Cole and his agent are trying to engineer the move. I don't think Wenger would consider it a problem keeping Cole as a player. I've heard he hasn't had words with Cole about the tapping up case.

Cole and his agent are only interested in the Money.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Clichy is out anyway till at least November iirc. Talk is we want Cash + Gallas for Cole, Chelsea said no, and offered SWP + Cash, we said no!

No idea on who will replace him. Traore looked good on Saturday, although he is far too young, there is still Justin Hoyte, Kerrea Gilbert has gone on a season long loan to Cardiff, poor lad. I expect we will sign someone.

Ah yes forgot about that, leaves us kind of short then. The others are all too inexperienced really. Guess we'll be seeing Flamini at left back then if we dont buy a replacement.

If we got Gallas and some cash i'd be more than happy though, i really rate Gallas and he'd really give us some extra options in the middle and on the left. We have plenty of midfielders so SWP would be pointless for us.

Back
Top Bottom