• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Pretty decent mining card it turns out. Mine is running at 123w and no hotter than 53c and 40% fan, and it's spanking a 1070 at that.

Pity the price and availability is rubbish now, I would have been tempted to swap out all the 1070s for 56s!

Associate
Pretty decent mining card it turns out. Mine is running at 123w and no hotter than 53c and 40% fan, and it's spanking a 1070 at that.

Pity the price and availability is rubbish now, I would have been tempted to swap out all the 1070s for 56s!
What's the underclock to get those kind of temps?

Soldato
You might find the following comparison between flashing the BIOS and using registry power play tables useful:

Vega 64 BIOS:

Do you have anything i can use for these recent drivers to increase my power limit past +50% ?
Or even instruction how to change it myself? but ideally just a reg file like i had before (which has now stopped working since the latest drivers)

I could do with one for 64 air bios and one for 64 lc bios
If you or someone could help I would be extremely grateful.

Man of Honour
Do you have anything i can use for these recent drivers to increase my power limit past +50% ?
Or even instruction how to change it myself? but ideally just a reg file like i had before (which has now stopped working since the latest drivers)

I could do with one for 64 air bios and one for 64 lc bios
If you or someone could help I would be extremely grateful.

I am assuming you have looked at the batch file and had a look in the registry in the same place in the new driver?

Associate
I was ready to get a Vega 56 AIB but they are too late to the show, the prices are uncompetitive and in the last few years Asus, Gigabyte, MSI have been half-assed in their iterations of the cards.

Had really good experiences with Sapphire and PowerColor. If only a £350 aftermarket card from either of them was out. I'd jump on it.

Soldato
Likewise Tacitus, need a new card as im stuck using a 7950 (fury x pump dead), vega is no where to be seen and if I can find it they are insanely overpriced and I don't want to spent the money on an nvidia card which is old by gpu standards.

I'm basically left waiting until either AIB cards come out at sensible prices or until next years refresh/volta.

Associate
anybody else not able to reach as high core clocks on later drivers, was previously able to reach 1680 stable with 1700 set to reach the below in time spy:
Graphics Score:7 406
voltage was set at 1080 for p7 and 1040 for p6
just tried the same accept with core at 1640 on the core and i have to hard reboot
1620 core gives around Graphics Score:6 960 in comparison.

Associate
The problem appears to be the latest crimson drivers and timespy combo, any core clock oc causes me to have to hard reboot up to 1640in super position atm no issues working my way back up to 1680 again.

Back
Top Bottom