• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Other options as in Sapphire or just something other than V64 completely?

V64 is a very good card but if you are looking to watercool don't waste money on the expensive AIB cards like the Strix.

Personally if I got another V64 card it would be something like a Sapphire Nitro and I would leave it on air.:)

Soldato
V64 is a very good card but if you are looking to watercool don't waste money on the expensive AIB cards like the Strix.

Personally if I got another V64 card it would be something like a Sapphire Nitro and I would leave it on air.:)

I'm putting together my first ever custom loop so i'm pretty much set on including the GPU :) I might just see if i can get a 2nd hand V64 in the MM, I expect there will be a few once people jump on Radeon 7.

Soldato

I can personally vouch for this. The nitro+ is a beast with more than plenty cooling and doesn't sound like a jet engine. It makes less noise than my Cryorig R1 ultimate for reference

Soldato
I'm putting together my first ever custom loop so i'm pretty much set on including the GPU :) I might just see if i can get a 2nd hand V64 in the MM, I expect there will be a few once people jump on Radeon 7.
I'd just snag a used reference card and put it under with a good block then.

Associate
Hiya,
I am having problems with my Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro +, it runs fine in normal games and i have done the recommended undervolt etc, have run Furmark GPU stress test at 1920x1080 with 8x MSAA for an hour and it never went over 60 degrees so i know there is no problems with the card itself. But it is problematic when i run VR. I have a Samsung Odyssey headset which works great with my GTX980TI but with the Vega 64 i get steamvr crashing most of the time i use it, steam itself crashes to such an extent that i have to enter my password to start it up again and i get regular BSD. once i actually get VR running it runs fine but its such a pain to actually get it running that i have reinstalled my old card and i feel i have wasted my money because i bought it specifically to get better performance from VR. I do have an unusual setup which is i have my Sim rig with a 2K monitor and my normal desk with a 1080p tv and i switch between the two but i never have both on at once and my old card handles it no problem.I have of course tried running the card with default settings, same result. I am using the latest amd drivers and have tried older drivers as well to no avail. The conclusion i have come to is its the drivers are not optimized properly for Windows mixed reality(WMR) which is what the Samsung Odyssey headset is. I think that Vive and Rift headsets are OK but i dont know. Is anybody else having or had problems with VR? in particular with windows mixed reality, or does anyone have any idea what is causing my problems. Do i have to sell my virtually new GPU and get a RTX 2080 which i cant afford anyway.

My system is:- Ryzen 5 1600 overclocked to 4.0gig. 2x8 gig of DDR4 running at 3000 meg. Samsung EVO SSD 500gig for windows and my VR Games. 3 terabyte normal disk drive. Seasonic 750watt PSU.

Back
Top Bottom