• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I'm probably in a pretty good position to give you an idea as I have s vega64 system (in my sig) and a 1080ti system as a second system for SIM racing. I clock mine at 1700/1100 for gaming and 1750/1180 for benching. In gaming is say it's half way between a 1080 and 1080ti. If you head over to Firestrike benchmarks charts https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/firestrike-standard-bench-thread.18665940/ you'll see my vega64 hit over 27k graphics score where as the 1080tis hit around 29k to around 34k depending on the OC.

Any chance of sharing those settings?

Man of Honour
OP
I'm probably in a pretty good position to give you an idea as I have s vega64 system (in my sig) and a 1080ti system as a second system for SIM racing. I clock mine at 1700/1100 for gaming and 1750/1180 for benching. In gaming is say it's half way between a 1080 and 1080ti. If you head over to Firestrike benchmarks charts https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/firestrike-standard-bench-thread.18665940/ you'll see my vega64 hit over 27k graphics score where as the 1080tis hit around 29k to around 34k depending on the OC.

I am a bit wobbly updating at the moment as the Bacardi has taken a serious bit of err benchmarking.:D

I hope you are keeping well Tony.:)

Soldato
Any chance of sharing those settings?

If you look back through this thread it'll be in here, prob a fair way back now. I'll post them up again tomorrow evening as I won't be near pc till then.

Here you go, settings for 1750/1150. Does do 1180 mem speed with same voltage, i just cant find that post, thats what the firestrike run was done at.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32199108/

Last edited:
Soldato
I realize the answer is super nuanced, and has probably been discussed ad infinitum in this thread, but...

What are the optimal settings in WattMan to get the best boost performance? Do I just max out the Power limit and then dial back the core voltage to 1100 mV on States 6 and 7?

Cheers,

Su

Associate
Just used Panos's settings which were running fine till the new driver update. Currently running on 19.1.2. System turns off every now and then (not frequent) and radeon says settings have to be reverted to default due to unexpected system failure. When the system shuts down, I cannot turn the PC on unless I switch the PSU off and then on again. Is this a PSU issue or a driver issue? The PSU is a Superflower Leadex Platinum 850W. Any help will be appreciated. GPU is a Sapphire Nitro Vega 64

Associate
Just used Panos's settings which were running fine till the new driver update. Currently running on 19.1.2. System turns off every now and then (not frequent) and radeon says settings have to be reverted to default due to unexpected system failure. When the system shuts down, I cannot turn the PC on unless I switch the PSU off and then on again. Is this a PSU issue or a driver issue? The PSU is a Superflower Leadex Platinum 850W. Any help will be appreciated. GPU is a Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
Likely a driver issue. If the settings were fine prior to the driver then it's not likely to cause other hardware to cause issues with a driver change. Revert back to 19.1.1 or 18.12.2 and see if you have the same issues.

Caporegime
Likely a driver issue. If the settings were fine prior to the driver then it's not likely to cause other hardware to cause issues with a driver change. Revert back to 19.1.1 or 18.12.2 and see if you have the same issues.
Or perhaps new driver optimisations are getting more performance from the GPU and his previous borderline stable settings are now unstable. Does it happen at stock? If so then yes perhaps a driver issue.

Associate
Wondering if any of you can shed any light on some mysterious behaviour I'm seeing when trying to overclock my Vega64 for the first time.

Following the guide:https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...king-undervolting-information-guide.18793012/

I have tried undervolting and overclocking. According to logs, the GPU frequency is up and yet when running firestrike the performance is significantly less. Any idea why a frequency increase would cause a decrease in framerate?

Permabanned

I'd say it's simply expecting too much from the gpu, Panos won the silicon lottery, you likely haven't at least not to the same extent, you also need to take his LC bios & custom waterloop into account. If you want a stable overclock you'll need to start a lot lower and work up. Taking everything into account ie: temps & noise targets as well as performance my Vega 64 sat stable at 1692/1080, I could boot up with clocks like 1725/1100 & it would even do successful Firestrike runs & run some games like that but it wasn't a 24/7 overclock. Like I said aiming for Panos's clocks isn't realistic unless you also won the lottery, start lower & work up, It took me weeks to work out the best stable clocks for my Vega Red Devil. In the future you may also find that some games aren't stable at your 24/7 overclock but that's what the separate game profiles in Wattman are for. In some games I would get crashes that could be days apart, to completely remove them I used a 1687/1050 profile for certain games, once you enable the profile it automatically down clocks when you start that particular game. Sometime it won't but that's just a bug the driver team need to fix.
I also found that there's a limit for clock by clock performance. I got to a point where I was at the sweet spot & pushing the clocks further was detrimental to performance. My sweet spot was 1692/1080 I found that I could run as an example 1712/1100 okay but when I benched at those clocks the performance results were lower than they were at 1692/1080. Every Vega is different and there's no quick way to get it right just take your time & start low.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wondering if any of you can shed any light on some mysterious behaviour I'm seeing when trying to overclock my Vega64 for the first time.

Following the guide:https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...king-undervolting-information-guide.18793012/

I have tried undervolting and overclocking. According to logs, the GPU frequency is up and yet when running firestrike the performance is significantly less. Any idea why a frequency increase would cause a decrease in framerate?

That sounds like it might be related to your cards sweetspot as I mentioned in the post above.

Back
Top Bottom