• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Has anyone bought the Bykski block for the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64? The info available on the sales page says it needs to be for the exact card shown otherwise it won't work?

But they show the Limited Edition model with 3 power sockets and not the 2 that's on the cards selling now?

Just want to check it's all ok before ordering?

Soldato
Has anyone bought the Bykski block for the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64? The info available on the sales page says it needs to be for the exact card shown otherwise it won't work?

But they show the Limited Edition model with 3 power sockets and not the 2 that's on the cards selling now?

send them a message - the reply will be in broken english but usually decipherable and they are normally quite helpful. i had to do the same for my block as the description at the time was quite vague.

from the listing - the below model number is showing, check that against the box (not sure if it's marked on the card too)
Fqjxiqb.png

Soldato

Yes I used the block with the 2 8pin slot V64 nitro+. Card is the same, it just has the option for the 3rd slot.
Their reference is that needs to be used with Nitro and not other Vega 64. See the opening at the top left?

dq6Ckvb.jpg

Here is how I did the back, because last year I had hot spot issues, but people said they improved the design so no need to use the original backplate.

r7oS0jw.jpg

FYI I will stick to Bykski and EK personally, given my current bad experience with Watercool Heatkiller IV and previous bad experience with Alphacool.

Man of Honour
send them a message - the reply will be in broken english but usually decipherable and they are normally quite helpful. i had to do the same for my block as the description at the time was quite vague.

from the listing - the below model number is showing, check that against the box (not sure if it's marked on the card too)
Fqjxiqb.png

Thanks, seems to be the same part number, but I'll have to double check when the card arrives?

Yes I used the block with the 2 8pin slot V64 nitro+. Card is the same, it just has the option for the 3rd slot.
Their reference is that needs to be used with Nitro and not other Vega 64. See the opening at the top left?

dq6Ckvb.jpg

FYI I will stick to Bykski and EK personally, given my current bad experience with Watercool Heatkiller IV and previous bad experience with Alphacool.

Thanks, looks promising :)

I'm off EK at the moment, had nothing but trouble with a few of their products recently.

How do you rate the Bykski block for build quality and temps etc...?

Soldato
Thanks, seems to be the same part number, but I'll have to double check when the card arrives?

Thanks, looks promising :)

I'm off EK at the moment, had nothing but trouble with a few of their products recently.

How do you rate the Bykski block for build quality and temps etc...?

Absolutely great. I sold it to another forum member because gave the Nitro to my brother (for free) and got a reference for me.
I believe there are couple of members in here last month who bought this block

Also their RVII block is the best of all the other blocks for that card.

Soldato
Just had a chat through the app, they've confirmed it'll work ok :cool:

So any problems it'll be their fault lol :D
nice one.

and just to reitierate what panos said - the quality is A1, you'll have no complaints in that respect. genuinely wish bykski had a greater european presence. i think they've relatively recently made a push to be more prominent in the US market so hopefuly they'll enventually become more easily available this side side of the pond.

Soldato
nice one.

and just to reitierate what panos said - the quality is A1, you'll have no complaints in that respect. genuinely wish bykski had a greater european presence. i think they've relatively recently made a push to be more prominent in the US market so hopefuly they'll enventually become more easily available this side side of the pond.

Yep, their products are great, including distro plates.

Man of Honour
Absolutely great. I sold it to another forum member because gave the Nitro to my brother (for free) and got a reference for me.
I believe there are couple of members in here last month who bought this block

Also their RVII block is the best of all the other blocks for that card.
Can you remember the thickness of the thermal pads used on the Bykski Nitro+ block?

I'm thinking of getting the Thermal Grizzly pads as they seem to have a much higher heat transfer rating?

Soldato
i think he means you need to up your P6 & P7 power states. bump them by 25mv, so P6 = 1000mv & P7 = 1050.
But I don't want to because then it'd use more power and be hotter... My initial point was that the frequencies you set are not the frequencies you get. If they were, and there wasn't enough voltage for a given frequency, the card would just crash. Instead it seems to ramp down to a stable point (how it knows what this is, I have no idea).

Soldato
But I don't want to because then it'd use more power and be hotter... My initial point was that the frequencies you set are not the frequencies you get. If they were, and there wasn't enough voltage for a given frequency, the card would just crash. Instead it seems to ramp down to a stable point (how it knows what this is, I have no idea).
apologies, I thought you were looking for a solution to the clocks not reaching the max freq you set them to.

Permabanned
Can you remember the thickness of the thermal pads used on the Bykski Nitro+ block?

I'm thinking of getting the Thermal Grizzly pads as they seem to have a much higher heat transfer rating?
I wouldn't bother the pads on the bykski are ok ..
I run at 1700/1120 idle 21 25 23 hotspot after 3 runs of firestrike 38 43 74 hotspot

Associate

dq6Ckvb.jpg

Here is how I did the back, because last year I had hot spot issues, but people said they improved the design so no need to use the original backplate.

r7oS0jw.jpg

Looks great, Whats Sapphire view on warranty after removing air cooler?

Soldato
Looks great, Whats Sapphire view on warranty after removing air cooler?

Grey area here. Sapphire allows to replace the paste, and if you put everything back together, and their employee doesn't perceive what you damaged the card by changing it's cooler, then it will be processed through RMA. Best way to do it, is to use slowly an XActo blade to remove the sticker from the screw, and stick it, 1cm higher up in the bracket. Put it back if you want to RMA the card.

Powercolor & Asus have a big no no on all these, even on just cleaning the card to eg replace paste after years, even if still in warranty.

Gigabyte & XFX are the only ones who have no issue on watercooling only, assuming you didn't damage the card. AMD own cards, have similar approach to EVGA.

And there are no information about Asrock. :/

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Got my Nitro+ yesterday, beast of a card! Didn't think it'd be that much bigger than my old 290 Tri-X, but it's huge!

Cools like a champ though. Only done a quick undervolt to 1632 P6 @ 1050mV, 1672 P7 @ 1100mV and HBM @ 1000, +50% power limit.

Set the fan speed to 35% max so it's totally silent and doesn't break 75C flat out!

Very impressed so far.

Back
Top Bottom