• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
Got my Nitro+ yesterday, beast of a card! Didn't think it'd be that much bigger than my old 290 Tri-X, but it's huge!

Cools like a champ though. Only done a quick undervolt to 1632 P6 @ 1050mV, 1672 P7 @ 1100mV and HBM @ 1000, +50% power limit.

Set the fan speed to 35% max so it's totally silent and doesn't break 75C flat out!

Very impressed so far.
whats the hotspot temp ?

Soldato
Finished installation of the Morpheus II today with 2 Noctua NF-F12 Industrial 3000
Installation is tricky with the heatsink been short so some chokes cannot get heatsink on. Installed the long VRM heatsink and used a high temp resistant cable tie to wrap it around.
On normal running Firestrike on Turbo settings with the fans at default 280-450 rpm, temps were 46C core, 50C HBM, 67C Hot Spot and 39C VR MVDD.
I have manually set the fans now to 1053 minimum, because they are damn quiet.

All in all happy with the progress made :) I will tweak and OC the card now and see how far can be pushed with this huge heatsink.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update. Meh. Reference cooler is better, which unfortunately could have used in a jiffy if I had it.
Even if I have the fans on pretty high settings, there is a lot of unmoved warm air between the cooler and the PC. Moved the fans forward to have one covering the bit VRM fully but doesn't help.

Core is cool, so is HBM, cannot say the same for the VRMs heatsinks, which are boiling on anything less than 1400rpm.

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Bit more messing about, settled on 1602 @ 1000mV with HBM @ 1000. At those settings I'm getting around 1550 in games but the GPU doesn't go over 65C, the hot spot sits at around 80C, the card sips around 200W maxed out, and the fan doesn't need to ramp up at all. Nice balance between performance and power draw/heat.

Soldato
send them a message - the reply will be in broken english but usually decipherable and they are normally quite helpful. i had to do the same for my block as the description at the time was quite vague.

from the listing - the below model number is showing, check that against the box (not sure if it's marked on the card too)
Fqjxiqb.png

What online retailer sells those blocks mate?Thanks :)

Soldato
i'm not sure i can mention them in direct relation to waterblocks as OcUK also sells waterblocks but a quick google of 'bykski water block vega 64' will bring you the details up. they are like the asian amazon if that helps narrow it down.

Thank you. Does OcUK sell waterblocks for the nitro 64? Cant seem to find anything.

Caporegime
What are the best cooling options for a reference vega 64?.

When Navi and Ryzen 3XXX launch I was going to do a big overhaul but I fear I'm just going to stick with my Vega 64. So contemplating some type of options for it.

I mean I guess I could full water cool the PC.

Soldato

When Navi and Ryzen 3XXX launch I was going to do a big overhaul but I fear I'm just going to stick with my Vega 64. So contemplating some type of options for it.

google alphacool eiswolf for the vega 64, is an option..

Soldato
Thank you. Does OcUK sell waterblocks for the nitro 64? Cant seem to find anything.
they are like hens teeth......EK did sell one but i think it's eol but can still be picked up from a few places as can most of the other brands. most blocks i found with UK stock were going for daft money. about 80 quid all in from the 'other' place is about as good as you're going to get.

Soldato
they are like hens teeth......EK did sell one but i think it's eol but can still be picked up from a few places as can most of the other brands. most blocks i found with UK stock were going for daft money. about 80 quid all in from the 'other' place is about as good as you're going to get.

Can you send me a trust with the name for the other place please?

Soldato

If you have a ref vega atm, and you do not plan to watercool, keep it. Replace paste with Kryonaut and replace the pads with Pad8 from Thermal Grizzly.
Down volting is fine as the ref cooler is superb.
I had my V64 on water and was fine, until yesterday where I had to use a Morpheus II. The cooler is sub par to say the least, even with 2 Noctua Industrial 3000.
Is fine to cool the core & HBM but I am not happy with the VRM cooling.

Soldato
Does the G12 + AIO fit the Vega cards? Could be another option if you didn't want to go the full water loop route.
You need more than that. You need to do some drilling on the G12, AIO brackets, ofc plenty of heatsinks and an Intel backplate also. And the AIO shouldn't be anything less than 240mm. So you lose warranty on all parts because you have to drill them.

(Guide here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bb7gs6/g12_bracket_install_guide_vega_5664/

)

So given the mess and on this case spend less than £250 and go full water with EK MLC 240 and Vega 64 pre-filled block, and if you want put a CPU prefiled block on the loop also.
OCUK Parent company Caseking Germany, has a nice offer on MLC240 atm for €50 less than EK prices, grab a MLC block for V64 €130 and job done.

I would have done this after the 4y old Predator 360 filter got disintegrated and was chewed by the pump, if I wasn't keeping my eyes open for the 5700XT and ground up rebuild of my system.

Let alone the hypocrites who said "Morpheus II is good on Vega 64", when clearly is not, and that from own experience.

Back
Top Bottom