The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Soldato
I've had a Japanese leg piece started with Marvel Themed Oni masks, started it last sat (first 7 hours) and have another 7 hours on it 2 weeks tomo. Amazing just over a year ago I started and I've got so many tats now lol.

Associate
Quick question for you lads that have laser removal before getting a cover up done - how expensive is removal these days?

I'm in the process of getting some tribal covered up with a full Japanese style sleeve, and I'm really happy with how that is progressing.

On the other arm I have a full tribal half sleeve that branches out onto chest and back - I'd like this gone or at least faded so I can look at covering it up with something more artistic and me - is this likely to cost me my left testicle to afford?

prob gonna cost your soul :p:p:p:p

i hear its a lot of monies

Associate
Quick question for you lads that have laser removal before getting a cover up done - how expensive is removal these days?

I'm in the process of getting some tribal covered up with a full Japanese style sleeve, and I'm really happy with how that is progressing.

On the other arm I have a full tribal half sleeve that branches out onto chest and back - I'd like this gone or at least faded so I can look at covering it up with something more artistic and me - is this likely to cost me my left testicle to afford?

I had 5 laser treatments at £40 a time to fade my old tattoo enough for a cover-up.

Associate
Just had my first decent sized tattoo done yesterday - love it:

9qfq.jpg

Associate
St George montage. I wanted something with the george cross, but without looking BNP/EDL. The main part with George on horseback looking over a smaller dragons head, overlaid on the larger dragons head going up to the shoulder.

The main image i found of george was originally naked on horseback, so got a little chainmail added. Also had the shield a bit battle-worn.

Took about 4hrs. Not to everyones taste, but am v.happy with it. The intention is to get a large templar piece started on my back, and overwork some basic kanji i had done on my left arm about 20yrs ago, so this should all fit in nicely.

Soldato
Just booked an appointment with Chris Crooks for my legpiece - August 2015 :O but an artist that is worth waiting for.

Associate
I don't want the new design being compromised by having to cover up the old tattoo. I'm getting it lasered, so I have a nice clean canvas for the artist to work on. :)

I had my 1st tat done last year. Had a great design done, put it away for a few months to make sure I still liked it later on, researched for a good local studio, but my big mistake was not asking for a certain artist and ended up with the guy with less experience and the end result is awful!

So considering laser removal so I can get a cover up done. How many sessions does it take to fade enough? Mines a large, upper arm black/grey design.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I had my 1st tat done last year. Had a great design done, put it away for a few months to make sure I still liked it later on, researched for a good local studio, but my big mistake was not asking for a certain artist and ended up with the guy with less experience and the end result is awful!

So considering laser removal so I can get a cover up done. How many sessions does it take to fade enough? Mines a large, upper arm black/grey design.

It depends on a few factors, some people fade realy quickly with only 2 or 3 sessions, others need many...

Associate
It depends on a few factors, some people fade realy quickly with only 2 or 3 sessions, others need many...

Cheers. It's best to wait a few months after the last treatment otherwise the new tat will fade too is that correct?

Pity it's such a long process, I'm desperate to get rid, feeling scared for life. :(

Associate
Had my 1st done last Thursday. Managed to avoid thinking about it in the 3 months its been booked then cra##ed myself the night before :D

nu7t.jpg

74is.jpg

2vcq.jpg

85sw.jpg

Now I know I can sit fine i'll be back for more :) Probably continue the roses black and grey up the top of my arm and then loads of shading. Well chuffed though :D

Back
Top Bottom