The Social Gathering / Gaming Thread [A place to organize meet-ups]

Soldato
Ok, I bought the Humble Bundle. Haven't tried any of the games yet.

I am reporting back because this was the first time buying a Humble Bundle that I actually took note of what the Charities were and how much of my money they were getting. At first I was paying €25 and I noticed that the message at the bottom changed when I selected €25. It said "thanks for buying the Humble Bundle and giving a little extra to the charity." I looked at amount the charity was getting, and it showed €1.25.

€1.25!! That looked miserable, so I felt really guilty and decided to pay €30. Because I thought the Charity would get €6.25 or close to it. But, noooooo, my €5 donation increase gave the charity an extra €0.50, yes, you are reading that right, 50 cents!!! Then I decided to try the €16 option. The Humble Bundle site wasn't happy with this choice. It only thanked me for buying the Humble Bundle. So I thought the charity was getting nothing. But that wasn't the case, the charity gets €0.85.

What that means is that paying €9 extra to get the €25 option only gives the charity an extra 40 cents. I don't know who is ripping off who there, all I know is that I paid €16 for the bundle without any guilt at all.

Soldato

I am reporting back because this was the first time buying a Humble Bundle that I actually took note of what the Charities were and how much of my money they were getting. At first I was paying €25 and I noticed that the message at the bottom changed when I selected €25. It said "thanks for buying the Humble Bundle and giving a little extra to the charity." I looked at amount the charity was getting, and it showed €1.25.

€1.25!! That looked miserable, so I felt really guilty and decided to pay €30. Because I thought the Charity would get €6.25 or close to it. But, noooooo, my €5 donation increase gave the charity an extra €0.50, yes, you are reading that right, 50 cents!!! Then I decided to try the €16 option. The Humble Bundle site wasn't happy with this choice. It only thanked me for buying the Humble Bundle. So I thought the charity was getting nothing. But that wasn't the case, the charity gets €0.85.

What that means is that paying €9 extra to get the €25 option only gives the charity an extra 40 cents. I don't know who is ripping off who there, all I know is that I paid €16 for the bundle without any guilt at all.
Can't say I buy the bundles because of the charity thing, but reading that makes me feel a lot better about only ever paying the minimum.

Soldato

There used to be an option on how much of the money went to charity, developers and HB. However, I suspect since IGN purchases HB that has changed massively.

Always could be worse, you could have donated that money to Zuck by picking up Breachers :D.

Soldato
Good game tonight guys, well played Raggs and Rigga very impressive scores. I enjoyed the new map, but I wouldn't say it was my favourite. Felt very basic compared to some of the more recent released - you can tell a lot more love and attentiok went into the 20,000 and Labyrinth maps.

PS - Unlucky Mel, you had to draw with me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Good game tonight guys, well played Raggs and Rigga very impressive scores. I enjoyed the new map, but I wouldn't say it was my favourite. Felt very basic compared to some of the more recent released - you can tell a lot more love and attentiok went into the 20,000 and Labyrinth maps.

PS - Unlucky Mel, you had to draw with me :)

Seems a bit silly to say, but it felt like a map where being really accurate made a big difference. More so than usual. Normally a slightly poor shot might add an extra stroke, but in that one, a lot of them were very punishing for not being spot on. Wonder how the hard course will shake out. Might be that more of the development time was spent on hard, so it could be a cracker!

Soldato
Seems a bit silly to say, but it felt like a map where being really accurate made a big difference. More so than usual. Normally a slightly poor shot might add an extra stroke, but in that one, a lot of them were very punishing for not being spot on. Wonder how the hard course will shake out. Might be that more of the development time was spent on hard, so it could be a cracker!

I thought it was a pretty good map to be honest. The potential is there for the hard version to be really good. For me it will all depend on how good/bad the hard version is. I don't think you get full picture of a map until you play the hard version.

Soldato
I thought it was a pretty good map to be honest. The potential is there for the hard version to be really good. For me it will all depend on how good/bad the hard version is. I don't think you get full picture of a map until you play the hard version.

Are you around next week? If so, which would you rather do, upside down town hard, or this one hard?

Back
Top Bottom