The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Just about to pull the trigger on the A7iii.
I've ordered the Sony 85mm 1.8 and waiting for some budget for the 50mm 1.8 Zeiss.

What are your thoughts on the A7iii so far?

My A7III is the best camera I've ever owned, by some margin. I've the G-Spot :p f2.8 28-70 lens as my main one. Bit heavy but it's astonishingly good. I use the f4 Zeiss 24-70 for video and when I don't want to lug stuff about.

I've always been solidly canon - the quality of this Sony however has just completely blown me away.

Associate
Camera arrived. :). Lens arrive on Monday. :(

Just wondering what software you are using for raw editing, I have both lightroom and capture one.

I've downloaded some sample raw images and the sony viewer shows perfect vibrant colors but both lightroom/capture one the colors are washed out.
I guess I need to tweak the settings.

Soldato
Camera arrived. :). Lens arrive on Monday. :(

Just wondering what software you are using for raw editing, I have both lightroom and capture one.

I've downloaded some sample raw images and the sony viewer shows perfect vibrant colors but both lightroom/capture one the colors are washed out.
I guess I need to tweak the settings.

Had used lightroom for years, but just swapped to Capture One Express I find it loads better to get the results I want and faster. Plus it's free.

Associate
My Lens arrived early on Saturday.
Sony 85mm 1.8
Samyang 35mm 2.8

Early days but so far blown away by it.
The eye af is fantastic, even my 9 year old is taking sharp images. :)

Need to test it properly though.

I was thinking of keeping my D750 but I don't think I need to.

Soldato
Got a baby quickly growing up. Those of you that have them what lenders do you use most for when there up and about. I'm thinking the 70-200 f4 would do the job nicely. The f2.8 looks far too big and heavy.
Then you have the primes 85mm, even the 90 macro looks good especially handy that it has OSS.

Caporegime
Got a baby quickly growing up. Those of you that have them what lenders do you use most for when there up and about. I'm thinking the 70-200 f4 would do the job nicely. The f2.8 looks far too big and heavy.
Then you have the primes 85mm, even the 90 macro looks good especially handy that it has OSS.

70-200 is way long for candis of kids, especially indoors. Try something between 35 to 50 for day to day stuff, the Tamron 28-75/2.8 would be a great lens for this.

Caporegime
I was pretty sold on upgrading my D5200 to a full frame Nikon (likely the D800) in a few years time and haven't really taken much notice of these Sony camers until last night.

Damn the A7III looks like a beast of a camera, along with similarly beasty lens prices :(. Need to do more research.

Soldato
I was pretty sold on upgrading my D5200 to a full frame Nikon (likely the D800) in a few years time and haven't really taken much notice of these Sony camers until last night.

Damn the A7III looks like a beast of a camera, along with similarly beasty lens prices :(. Need to do more research.
No more research required. Sony FTW :)

Caporegime

It's not just Sony, if you look at Canon's new RF and Nikon's S mount lenses they are even MORE expensive. Everything has just got more expensive this generation from everyone.

Although there are some great lenses at reasonable prices like the Tamron 28-75/2.8.

Caporegime
Thanks Raymond, so the Tamrons are good? I've clearly got way too cosy with the prices I'm paying (£130 for my beloved 35mm 1.8 and under £400 for the 18-35mm Sigma 1.8).

Caporegime
Oh I know that is the most extreme of examples but I was overjoyed at buying my first lens, it only costing £140 and it still been my favourite lens years later :D.

£500-1000+ is what I am more used to for the higher.....until I saw some of the Sony lenses :p.

Caporegime
Oh I know that is the most extreme of examples but I was overjoyed at buying my first lens, it only costing £140 and it still been my favourite lens years later :D.

£500-1000+ is what I am more used to for the higher.....until I saw some of the Sony lenses :p.

In that price brakcet for Sony I would look at

The entire Sigma Art lenses bar the ones above your budget obviously
The Sony 85/1.8
The Sony 55/1.8 Zeiss
The Tamron 28-75/2.8

All excellent lenses.

Back
Top Bottom