The Tesla Thread

Soldato
I have had the model 3 since December now, absolutely love the car but I'm tempted to try out the polestar 2 just for a change.

Anyone tried both?
We have both! The Polestar hatch is nice, but it feels very claustrophobic vs. the model 3 and the window visibility is bad. Also it's a lot slower but my Model 3 is a long range, and the Polestar is a single motor one. The Google implementation is pretty nice, although it would be much improved with Android Auto.

If we were to only have one car, then I'd keep the Tesla, although maybe think about getting a model Y, even though they look like a fat Model 3. If you want to know anything specific let me know.

UmxoXSD.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
nice, did you go for the leather?
how is the real-life range compared to the tesla?

Does it have any sort of self-driving on the motorway?

How does it feel compared to the tesla quality wise?

Soldato

I’ve had a Polestar 2 since October 2020, so can provide some info.
  • Range of the DM LR version is about 180 miles in Winter and 220 miles in Summer.
  • Pilot Assist is an option (Pilot Pack) and provides basic self driving - adaptive cruise and auto steer.
  • I think the quality is slightly better than the Tesla. The back roof lining and materials used are an improvement.
  • The leather option has just changed today- it’s no longer brown but a light grey colour.

Soldato

Just to chime in that my Father has had a Polestar 2 for the last year, it had all the options including performance pack and leather. He really likes the leather and he's glad he got the performance pack in the end although was sceptical at first. He like the ride it gives although for me personally I think I'd be dialling it down a little bit.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's rumours of air suspension coming to the model 3 in the near future. I can't see it happening this year personally, but you never know.

Regarding my right to reject; I complained that they wanted me to take the car to my local service centre (60 miles away) just to inspect an ongoing fault with the charge port before they'd accept my rejection. They did agree to get the local SC to send someone out, however today I had a text confirmation from the local SC that they've remotely diagnosed the problem and wanted to send someone out to replace the part.

I declined that offer (!) as they've already replaced the part once (within the first 6 months you only need to offer them one opportunity to fix a significant fault) so they've agreed to inform my case handler to reject the car.

Now I just have to wait and see what the official outcome is. My replacement order is due end May/June, so they should be able to switch the finance over and take my car back but nothing is that straight forward :o

Soldato
Now it's starting to warm up, I've noticed an issue that I'm 99% is some sort of software glitch. In a morning, the heating comes on fine. On a night however where it doesn't really need to be heated or cooled, the car decides to blast with cold air then flick the seat heaters on. Any way around this? I'm trialing not using auto heated seats to see what happens.

Caporegime
Now it's starting to warm up, I've noticed an issue that I'm 99% is some sort of software glitch. In a morning, the heating comes on fine. On a night however where it doesn't really need to be heated or cooled, the car decides to blast with cold air then flick the seat heaters on. Any way around this? I'm trialing not using auto heated seats to see what happens.
Interesting. I was certain that it must just be me and that I must have just felt cold. The car seems insistent on using the aircon pretty cold in the afternoon when I’ve got the climate set to 19c, and yea the seats were on as well.

Soldato
Have a look at the phone app and see what it says the cabin temperature is when this happens.
Good point, just having a look now and it can't have refreshed since yesterday as I saw 34 degrees. Might have to investigate where the sensor is as maybe it sits in the sun. Also now I've posted initially I'm glad I'm not crazy, I'd not seen it mentioned before so thought I was doing something wrong.

Associate
Good point, just having a look now and it can't have refreshed since yesterday as I saw 34 degrees. Might have to investigate where the sensor is as maybe it sits in the sun. Also now I've posted initially I'm glad I'm not crazy, I'd not seen it mentioned before so thought I was doing something wrong.

I can't quite work out where it is, but whenever my car is sat on the driveway in the sun the temperature definitely shoots up, way past what it actually feels like in the car (hopefully that makes sense).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They’ve got you again as a return customer. Guess there’s no incentive to actually resolve your issue!
I chose to place an order to ensure I could get a car (no good rejecting then waiting 8 months for another vehicle). Of course, I could cancel it and go elsewhere but I'd rather stick with the model 3.

Regarding your point - My rights under the Consumer Rights Act entitle me to a replacement or full refund within the 6 months. There's no incentive, they're obligated to resolve it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I can't quite work out where it is, but whenever my car is sat on the driveway in the sun the temperature definitely shoots up, way past what it actually feels like in the car (hopefully that makes sense).
I've had the cabin overheat warning activate (and the app showing the internal cabin temp at 35-40C) when the outside air temp was 13C. Feels like a bug.

Back
Top Bottom