The toy that never was

Soldato
Well, here's my effort so far on my bike.

DSCF0125.jpg

Still got a couple of bits and bobs to do but it's nearly there.

Also got this which is being re-powder coated and all brand new stuff put on it.

HaroMasterGreen.jpg

Yes, it's official................i'm 13 again. :D

Soldato
Roughneck said:
Fuzzy Pumper's Barber Shop

B00000IW21.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

basically it was this barber shop thing

you stuck the guy on the chair and turned this handle and plastacine came out of his head and beard and you cut it.

I did not become a hairdresser before anyone asks.

reason I was told I couldnt have it was cause Id make loads of mess with the plastacine

Is it me - or is "Fuzzy Pumper" the most inappropriate name for a kids toy?!

"i'm off to play with my Fuzzy Pumper mummy!"

GAH!

Rich

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
kaiowas said:
They're a bit dusty as they've not been touched for a while:

8880.jpg
You know I really am going to have to get one of those now....

*registers on ebay*

ooh, i forgot about that, i always wanted one but iirc it was something like £80, far too much for my pocket money!

Roughneck said:
Fuzzy Pumper's Barber Shop

B00000IW21.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

basically it was this barber shop thing

you stuck the guy on the chair and turned this handle and plastacine came out of his head and beard and you cut it.

I did not become a hairdresser before anyone asks.

reason I was told I couldnt have it was cause Id make loads of mess with the plastacine

am i being immature or is that a bit of a dodgy name? Fuzzy Pumper - lol!

edit: can't believe this thread is still running, thought it was a new one!

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant find any pics on it, but I loved my Technics control centre, T-Rex :D ... might actually get the parts out of the attic and build it up :D

I always wanted the Robin Hood (not sure of its proper name) range of Lego .. but it had gone before I got into it (must have been late 80s / very early 90s range) ... but it was still in the catalogues you got free with the sets, tantalising me :(

5770_1.JPG

Soldato
Siliconslave said:
I always wanted a Kenner Millennium Falcon or an AT-AT
falcon-box1-th.jpg

atat-box1-th.jpg

SNAP!!

I also wanted one of these -

TrainingTower2a.jpg

I'm also hedging my bets that my young son will be a big fan of Star Wars and so, I've taken the precaution of buying him something I never got -

Saga2_Exclusive_ATAT.jpg

It's stored in the loft for now but if it turns out that he has no interest, I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on for a few quid more than I paid for it. ;)

Soldato
Nitefly said:
Mwhaha, I had one of those. Hardly ever played with it though... dunno, it wasn't a that a great toy set. Though the thunderbird two toy that came with it was godly. I bet everyone who had it deployed their thunderbird four into their bath at some point :D
You are right on all accounts.. Thunderbird 2 rocked.. especially when you deployed the pod and released 4 into the water..

We tried making the blue peter version, but mum gave in and so she bought me one! The voices were .. interesting. :D

Associate
jellybeard999 said:
Cant find any pics on it, but I loved my Technics control centre, T-Rex :D ... might actually get the parts out of the attic and build it up :D

I always wanted the Robin Hood (not sure of its proper name) range of Lego .. but it had gone before I got into it (must have been late 80s / very early 90s range) ... but it was still in the catalogues you got free with the sets, tantalising me :(

5770_1.JPG

I had that one! or one very similar, was pretty cool from what i remember!

edit:
BeaumonT said:

d'oh, sold one of those at a boot sale about a year ago :( kinda wish i hadn't now

Last edited:
Associate
L337 LooX said:
:eek: I had one of those (damn hard to learn on iirc) but yes good times especially with the little computer thingy! :D

I had one of these but it was faster than everyone elses :p

That bike was THE bike to have tbh :cool: And you could run over a mr frosty on it :D

Soldato
Some great stuff in this thread.
I think everyone wanted a Mr Frosty but most didn't get it. If they had though the makers would have been Billionaires :)

I was really into Transformers and sooo wanted Optimus Prime.

Optimus-prime.jpg

Associate
omg ive had a few of those technic lego's, the sword! and the zoid stuff! :D My mate had the bike! I can remember he never let me have a ago..... :p

I wanted one of these below, but made do with a lower spec model! :( :)

header_1.jpg

Associate
quackers said:
I cant believe i've missed this thread and i'm seeing a pattern. I always wanted a mr frosty, did anyone actually ever get one??

Yes! It was pretty hard grinding that ice when you were 6. :p

I always wanted the Tamiya Monster Beetle but ended up with the Midnight Pumpkin instead.

Also Domino Rally Action Alley which looked great but I never got around to getting either.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Games consoles or computer games. Parents would never buy them as presents. Had to save for them ourselves.

Got endless Lego though. That was the winrar. Still got it all in my parents loft. Me and the wife (back when she was my gf) got the pirate ship out one time when we were at my parents, because she'd always wanted it and never got it. She was well pleased.

Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
Well, here's my effort so far on my bike.

DSCF0125.jpg

Still got a couple of bits and bobs to do but it's nearly there.

Also got this which is being re-powder coated and all brand new stuff put on it.

Yes, it's official................i'm 13 again. :D

Nice !! :D

I want an 80's Mongoose :)

Back
Top Bottom