The toy that never was

Associate
awwww,i wanted it so bad...it hurt

chopper1ta0.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Alasdair said:
I built an oilrig out of Construx

That and a helicopter whose rotors spun at the same time, it was of my own design too. I'm actually tempted to get it out of the attic :D

Toy I most wanted was Manta Force, but I got Red Venom for Christmas so that made up for it.

Does anyone remember Explorers, the multi-wheeled battery powered cars that BHS used to sell?

I used to have a couple of those! they were great, the comics that came with them were good too, very cool photos of them on model landscapes made them even cooler, although the marine one didn't work under water in the bath :( I had construx too, thought i was the only one!

just thought of something else i always wanted:

6.jpg

i had a bit of an obsession with destroying things!

Soldato
bringerofdecay said:
pop up pirate sucks...my cousins make me play it every time im freaking round there house...pop ended up out the window once :D

now game of life, that was a good game, remember having it on loan from the library along with escape from Atlantis almost every week :p

escape from Atlantis:
efatlant.jpg

efatlan2.jpg

There's a wicked version of that whioch can be downloaded, can't remember the web addy but if you google sean o conners games it should come up

Valve

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
I so wanted one of these.

Also one of these was high on my list. Never got one :(

bigtraknbox5793941ao8.jpg

Cool, i've still got mine in the loft at my mums in full mint-o working condition, also got the trailer for it too. Remember spending hours trying to work out the exact route from the living room to the Kitchen and back so i could follow along behind and load it up with an apple to go back and tip it in the living room!

Mine was Scalextric, i asked for one but ended up with TCR (Total Control Racing, you could flip a switch to change lanes on the track for overtaking! Still got it in the loft and it still works aswell) which was ok, just that no-one else had one so couldn't take my carsround to play on the other kids tracks.

Soldato
Mr_L said:
There were another set of toys which were spaceships with magnets in. You could attach them to each other and all sorts of stuff. I can't remember what they are called now though.

It was Starcom and I loved it!!!!

starcom.jpg

EDIT:

Psycho Ned said:
That big spaceship might have been one of my favourite toys :)

Mine toooo!!!

Last edited:
Associate
BigToe said:
I always wanted a Mr. Frosty too, and a "Lights Alive". Oh yeah, and a Gameboy or Atari Lynx.

Think one of my siblings had a lights alive, don't remember anyone using it for anything deeply artistic though lol :). This thread is casuing me to waste lots of time on Ebay (and quite possibly money too :() tyvm to the people who posted the lego supercar and the tamiya stuff :p

Soldato
Fensta said:
For me, it was always

mousetrap.jpg

My parents, my 19 year old and 23 year old brother and sister played a family game of that on christmas day, but I would rather mess around on my laptop. Its such a naff game, however you look at it.

Build a crap contraption, then play snakes an ladders. Then turn the crank. Woopidoo.

zbritsc2.jpg

Clearly, Britain's Space is gay friendly :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Pinter75 said:

OMG i thought i was the only person who had one of those sets! i played with it for hours.
And boy did i want a Mr Frosty....why is it that everyone did but never got one? haha. Oh and I also wanted a Knex rollercoaster, but i got a small kit instead:(

Soldato
mightynimrod said:
Well, here's my effort so far on my bike.

Still got a couple of bits and bobs to do but it's nearly there.

Also got this which is being re-powder coated and all brand new stuff put on it.

Yes, it's official................i'm 13 again. :D

How much has that set you back?

-Laser- said:
I used to have a couple of those! they were great, the comics that came with them were good too, very cool photos of them on model landscapes made them even cooler, although the marine one didn't work under water in the bath :( I had construx too, thought i was the only one!

just thought of something else i always wanted:

6.jpg

i had a bit of an obsession with destroying things!

Im pretty sure ive got the car and some of the dummies in my loft, if i find them and you still want them you can have them for the cost of postage :p

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
This was the holy grail of Technic Lego

Aha my brother got that ages ago, aswell as the car and later the robot kit. He always had all the latest toys funded by his paper round.

I think this is the order in which my toy wants came in (ironically in post order!),
From earliest to latest:

Mr Frosty > Mousetrap > SNES > crossfire > Scaletrix > radio controlled car (the one which can drive on both sides, forgot the name) > Game Gear

Things I did get were a playstation, an infra red VR game (2 headsets and 2 guns, u shoot the headsets and have like 7 lives), a thunderbirds island (shared with my brother) along with various thunderbird planes and a mountain bike. Also my very first computer was a 486 and I've been upgrading it from there, never starting with a completely fresh box I always upgraded components individually. I could probably plot a history going all the way back to the 486 if I remembered everything lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom