The toy that never was

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I wanted a SNES as a kid but my Mother would never sanction it, even though my Dad secretly wanted one too. Once Ebay was invented I spent a fortune buying up mint SNES' and loads of games, whose laughing now mum? HA! IN YOUR FACE!1

Soldato
Bug One said:
Wow I remember having both of them. The bigtrack was awsome. You could program movements into it and off it went. Probably the sort of thing that got me into computers and robotics so much.

Omnibot was just a remote vehicle though. Never worked very well. Especially on carpet.

lol love the warning on the Omnibot.

sheez remember the big track thing.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Chaos said:
Also wanted the M.A.S.K toys because my friend had them but never got them :(

MSK_TOY_CON.JPG

I got some transformers though so that makes up for it :)

I had that very toy! and the dune buggy which dropped the bomb and the red motorcycle which fired missiles! :D

Played with a mates Bigtrak once and wasnt that impressed, especially when we programmed it to go around upstairs and screwed it up, badly, so it ended up falling down the stairs.

I always wanted a toy spaceship (which I found once on t'internet but now cant :( ) which my mate had - looked a bit like a y-wing but you could detatch the front bit...

Edit: Found it! Starbird

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bug One said:
However there was always one dream toy which I never got which every kid nowadays seems to have. My neice's have 2!

IMG_0235.JPG

Haha my niece and nephew in Canada both have the exact same ones in the pic above and the scary thing is that my nephew whos 3 can drive it very well and my niece hasnt a clue :p

Mat

Mat

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Tin Can Alley:cool:
No way could we afford it & I got a poor substitute that fired sucker darts trying to hit ping pong balls going down some slopes. How the rich kids laughed at us :(

be_1_b.jpg

I also wanted one of these :(

It has been re-released tho from IWOOT or Firebox I think...

Did anyone else ever have any of the Britains "Space" series of minifigs and vehicles??? At the bottom of this link.

Associate
Mr Frosty!

I was living in indonesia (so hot) and the idea of making your own crushed ice things appealed to me - plus i recon i could have cround most of my sister barbie dolls through it.

got loads of Transformers, starwars and He-man figures tho (sold the lot in a fit of maturity when i was about 11 doh!)

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
I so wanted one of these.

Also one of these was high on my list. Never got one :(

bigtraknbox5793941ao8.jpg

Still got this somewhere in the loft sadly I remember my day standing on it :mad: and breaking one of the plastic wheel holder things on the side which kinda messed the full thing up.

Remember it costing a small fortune in batteries though, didn't it take about 8 of the large ones ?

Soldato
schnipps said:
Phwoarrrr!!!!, what a beauty, make me want to get the new one they do but its about 80 quid.

testcar.jpg

I wanted loads of Lego Technic, especially the pneumatic system ones, but unfortunately I didnt

I did get several technic sets though, including a yellow 4x4 off road rally thing that I loved, which were just so fantastic and all in all a brilliantly versitile toy

Soldato
Kerplunk said:
Swear everyone I knew had one of these, but I was never allowed.

tc2120safarigt1ex1.jpg

Memories! :eek:

Me and my brother had one of those, we modified with with rubber wheels (as the standard ones were just plastic, which actually melted if you locked up) a more powerful handbrake, an aluminium seat, and also stripped all the plastic trim off.

The pedals broke, so we stripped all that crap off too and used to push each other around the garden in it, as fast as we could, and then try to negotiate the corners of the paths using the poor steering and the handbrake. 90% of the time we would either stack it into a bush as it had chronic understeer, or we would roll it over.

Many a bruise and scrape from that thing. :cool: :D

Tru

Tru

Soldato
^Not even close :p
crystaline said:
http://www.studio42.com/vidgame/GameGear/game-gear.jpg[IMG]

This was the holy grail though. Both me and my brother really wanted one of these and we'd play then in game shops for ages[/QUOTE]

Haha I've been there. I battered through a couple of levels of Altered Beast in Boots on Christmas eve, I never even heard my name coming over the tannoy. There's nothing worse than getting a thrashing in a busy shopping centre.

Soldato
the original lego mindstorms.
Screwball or whatever (the one with buttons where you have to get a metal ball across obstacles).
a gameboy :)()

Back
Top Bottom