***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Maybe. It's got the D2 to beat as an ADV and that's going to be a tall task which it's already losing due to being bigger and having that stupid top.

We shall see later once I stick my Velocity on it.

Permabanned
Won't matter so long as you are using scales for everything. It will all be in the same and hence correct proportion

PG and flavourings are 1:1 iirc but Nic and VG have slightly higher specific gravities so weigh a shade more than 1g/ml

This is what I use.

If you're really anal you can add the specific weights of each flavouring into your calculator, but for the sake of that I just stick to 1:1.

I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create for mixing, it calculates the weights of the VG, PG & Nic etc. for you.

Thanks it's only because the scales I use to make espresso shots measure in grams only. It's a Hario scale and does 0.1 decimal placed from 2-200g. Most of the recipes that use several concentrates require 0.001 dp, so I wonder if I need new scales for accuracy.

Frozennova - What ratio do you use? I was looking the eJuice Me Up calculator as it uses grams.
Edit - Gee's e-liquid calculator uses grams too. The recipe I quickly created shows nicotine, pg, vg and concentrates need to be within 0.01 decimal places.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been weight mixing for a couple of years now. I am quite anal about it though. I measure the weight of a fixed volume of all my flavours when i first get a new one. They can vary from 0.8g/ml to around 1.2g depending on the consituents. Most are fairly close to the SG of PG (most flavours are PG based) though but some are alcohol based, thus lower. There are some VG flavours out there though and they're getting a bit more common, catering to those who like to impress people on the street and waste juice chasing clouds as well as for those with PG allergies/intolerance.

I use 1.036g/ml for PG and PG nic and 1.261g/ml for PG in my calculations and the measured value for the concentrates.

If you're using AG (VG+water), the SG will be lower than 1.261.

As said before though, it doesn't really matter whether you use volume, weight or even drops (assuming same dropper). As long as you're consistent from mix to mix, you'll get the same results each time.

Associate
Can't seem to find any nice e-liquid flavours or brands that are sold locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on some nice flavours and e-liquid brands to try? If so where on the Interweb should I purchase them from.

I tend to like sweet flavours as I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Cheers

Man of Honour
Can't seem to find any nice e-liquid flavours or brands that are sold locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on some nice flavours and e-liquid brands to try? If so where on the Interweb should I purchase them from.

I tend to like sweet flavours as I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Cheers

Search for Dr Johns Magical Vapours on Facebook

Hes local to me, and is sold in one of our B&M's aswell as selling through Facebook as well as a few other places.

Hes got a huge range and some very nice stuff.

Associate
Just built my first Nickel Clapton coil , 26 gauge inner & 30 gauge outer , 8 wraps around a 2.5 mm drill.Ohm's on my reader at .06 & .07 on Snow Wolf.
Results are not impressive mostly due to be only able to go to 70 watts in TC mode ,temp does not go above 225f & have it set to 435f.
Have it in my Doge 2(single coil mode) & even with airflow shut to about 1/3 of 1 big slot temp does not get to set point.
Maybe when i get my DNA 200 box finished i,ll get better results.
Update:- Spaced coils as much as i could & temp getting to 300f ,good amount of vapour but flavour stills seems muted to my old taste buds.

Last edited:
Associate
Koopor mini turned up today. No batteries at work to test it though so will have to wait until I get home.

feQukeZ.jpg

First impressions are OK. Feels solid and looks great with no atty on it. I hate the top though. Why did they make it so the control surface curves at the top? It makes it looks stupid with an atty on it.

yne1wr0.jpg

Put the skin on it and its really not that bad ;)

Cheers all

Soldato
I dont get the istick 100w... they had the 20w then 30w then 40w with TC, all pretty much the smallest mods you could get with those wattages etc... and then this... no TC... and its bigger than it needs to be.. for no good reason i can see, just because you can swap the batteries is no excuse for it being so tall.. what were Eleaf thinking.

Soldato
I dont get the istick 100w... they had the 20w then 30w then 40w with TC, all pretty much the smallest mods you could get with those wattages etc... and then this... no TC... and its bigger than it needs to be.. for no good reason i can see, just because you can swap the batteries is no excuse for it being so tall.. what were Eleaf thinking.

I'm not a fan of it neither, a lot of the reviews I've seen for it has not been positive at all... they could have made something the size of the istick 50w with temp control, single 18650 and used the evic vt chip and made a killing.

Soldato
I had seen a few unfavourable reviews and i know my local B&M wont touch Isticks again after getting so many retuned failed devices... shame, its not a bad looking box, looks a comfy shape to hold...

Soldato
Just coiled up a new Lemo 2 with a .26 titanium coil, such a fantastic vape and most flavoursome.
All of my tanks/drippers now use titanium wire bar one velocity with a chunky .35ohm twisted coil in there.

Soldato
TI is now in all my RBTA too, bar a NI200 coil head in my sub tank... i think TI is much easier to work with and gives better flavour and temp of vap without burning cotton or giving me a funny chemical taste that NI200 did.
I originally build .3 ohm TI spaced coils but then tried going lower, .25 was even better vap and now i have two at .2ohm and i think they are the best for my style of vaping...

Associate
How are people finding their Koopor Mini? I'm trying to decide between that and the Sigelei 75w..

Built my first coil. 27 AWG Kanthal A1, 6 wraps @ 3mm. Came to 1 Ohm as expected. Had to read the impedence on the KBOX Mini though as my resistance tester hasnt come yet. Did a few test pulses at 15w but just got smoke off the coil. Is there usually rubbish that burns off a new coil at first? Seems to take a while to get power to it as well..

Soldato
The Koopor Mini is a solid and powerful bit of kit, but has no USB charging and eats batteries rather fast, but that's to be expected of a single 18650 mod at 60w, for the price, its a steal as long as you dont mind carrying a spare battery.

As for your 27AWG coil... id say it will need more that 15w with that gauge of wire...
There will be a little smoke if the wire is not clean and as it gets grease from your fingers as you build it, should not be much though...

Associate
Is there usually rubbish that burns off a new coil at first? Seems to take a while to get power to it as well..

Maybe some oils left by manufacture but as said the oils from your fingers will cause a little smoke when first firing.
If the coils are glowing inside to out with no hot spots then wick it & try it, might need more watts or just a toot or two to get things warmed up.

Associate
Just coiled up my TFV4 with a single 0.5 3mm dia TI coil sitting at 0.32 ohms on my Xcube 2.

Running it at 460 degrees F hell that's chucking out some vapour using 50/50 juice.

Really pleased with it, will coil up a subtank mini later & see what the results are like :)

Cheers all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom