***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
YiHi chips are very good as well, I was close to buying the Sxmini G class mod with a yihi chip in it but at £200 it made my eyes bleed:eek:

But it's an awesome looking mod, the screen on it is amazing and has a funky little joystick to adjust settings

Still might get one but not sure if I *really* need it lol.

Soldato
The only new Evolv based mods you would be buying today are the DNA60 upwards, maybe a second hand DN40, all of those have been great boards (though early days on the DNA60), there was some screen glitching on the early DNA40 when running TC, but that was quickly resolved in the Gold version.
The Yihi chips were not as efficient and the soft cut off too high, i had a £300 Element Mods SX350j based mod, i sold it after a few weeks as it was always needing a charge, the soft cut off was at 3.6v, thats laughable when most high drain 18650 can run to as low as 2.5v and more than safe to 2.75v, which means much more vaping time on a single charge from the same type battery. The Yihi SX350j boards did not have a built in balance charger either, so if you want the full 120w version, you had to fit in a big daughter board or charge externally, unlike the DNA 200/250 that have a very reliable balance charge built in.

As i said though, the china mods still vape well, but some have been prone to catching fire or having bad charging circuits and the higher power mods are just not giving you the power they claim.
Why pay £60 for an RX200 when you can spend an extra £20-40 and get a much better DNA based mod... thats the cost of a premium juice to some vapers.. hardly a bank breaker for a more reliable, efficient and sturdy mod. The £200+ DNA mods are just a joke though, stab wood etc... does not make the mod perform any better lol

Soldato
YiHi chips are very good as well, I was close to buying the Sxmini G class mod with a yihi chip in it but at £200 it made my eyes bleed:eek:

But it's an awesome looking mod, the screen on it is amazing and has a funky little joystick to adjust settings

Still might get one but not sure if I *really* need it lol.

The SX mini G Class was on my short list when I bought my DNA166 mod.
The YiHi is nice, but not £200 nice.
Still want one though. LOL

Edit: any T-juice codes going?

Soldato
Hey chaps, hows everything? Thinking of purchasing a new atty... still on the MTL bandwagon. The Ubertoot has seen better days now, i tried the KF4 but didn't enjoy it that much, what is highly rated nowadays?

Any more advances beyond temp control?

Squonking still intrigues me...

Permabanned
Hey chaps, hows everything? Thinking of purchasing a new atty... still on the MTL bandwagon. The Ubertoot has seen better days now, i tried the KF4 but didn't enjoy it that much, what is highly rated nowadays?

Any more advances beyond temp control?

Squonking still intrigues me...

Do you like gimmicky touch screen controls or absurd 300 watt vapes??? No...? Probably not then xD

Soldato
Vapemail...Triade 200W and my Pharaoh RDA arrived, giving them a little go now. First impressions on the Triade is that its well built will boot up the PC software later and have a play with the settings, On the Pharaoh ive just thrown in a Juggernaut single coil at .3ohms and its producing the clouds with medium flavour, think it has potential but on the first build flavour is not as good as the Tsunami, will try something a bit more adventurous later and see if i can get the flavour up a bit.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
The Yihi chips were not as efficient and the soft cut off too high, i had a £300 Element Mods SX350j based mod, i sold it after a few weeks as it was always needing a charge, the soft cut off was at 3.6v, thats laughable when most high drain 18650 can run to as low as 2.5v and more than safe to 2.75v, which means much more vaping time on a single charge from the same type battery.

Yeah I had an SX Mini when they first came out with that chip and the batteries didn't last that long at all due to the cut-off.

Most of my mods will stop firing at around 3.5v which I'm perfectly fine with, I'd rather be on the safe side. Worst comes to worst I have to take a spare set of batteries to work etc.

Mooch over on ECF wrote a brilliant guide detailing discharging - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/how-can-we-extend-the-life-of-our-batteries.7584/

• Don't overdischarge them. Our batteries are rated down to 2.5V or lower but you can extend their life by staying above 2.8V-3.0V***. Going below 2.0V or so leads to metal being plated inside different parts of the battery, eventually causing an internal short circuit and possible bursting of the battery.
***This is the resting voltage, NOT the voltage "under load" that the battery drops to when being used. If your mod stops firing when the battery drops to 3.2V the battery can rise back to to 3.5V or even higher after resting for a while. This "resting voltage" is the important voltage, the one to be used when determining how low you are really discharging your batteries.

While stopping at 3.4V, 3.6V, or even higher might extend battery life a bit you are missing out on a lot of additional vaping time that you could use before needing to recharge. That additional vaping time can be enjoyed every day for, at most, just the cost of one extra set of batteries a year. Stopping at these higher voltages won't hurt the battery though. Just let the batteries sit for an hour before charging to see what their true resting voltage is when deciding how low you want their voltage to go in your mod.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'd welcome a nice 'Fresh Squeeze' or 'Pinkman' clone :)

Oh! And a good Blue slush with koolada :D

You can find recipes for both Pinkman & Fresh Squeeze clones over at E-Liquid-Recipes. Pinkman comments seem to say it tastes like Sprite though. Also the Fresh Squeeze calls for FW (FlavorWest) Ecto Cooler. No doubt that's full of sugar syrup/sweetener so if you want your coils to last longer than 4 hours, I'd recommend you stay away from any recipes with FW in them.

I've got a Blue Raspberry recipe from Reddit that I've made before, pretty good:
  • TFA Citrus Punch 3%
  • FA Raspberry 2%
  • FA Forest Fruit 1%
Could always add 0.5-1% Koolada to that. Should be pretty tasty.

Soldato
Just picked up one of these Wismec Predator 228 things.
Rather good - Basically an Alien, but with all the flaws and niggles fixed. Not much more to say, really. It was an impulse buy because it felt good in the hand. Works fine, does the job. Has pre-heat and 510->USB charging capability for phones and the like, though why you'd sacrifice vaping time for phone power is possibly beyond me...

Don
OP
OBS Engine Nano arrived. Nice looking tank I think. Absolutely doesn't leak at all due to the design. Big clouds for a single coil. Disappointing flavour though and that's with a big clapton in it.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Soldato

Coils were springy and kept pulling back towards the post, so tried a bit of extra heat to stiffen the wire...Which didn't work, it still sprang in towards to post, only this time a small flame followed by some bubbles and the positive part coming loose.

TL;DR, got my coils to hot, too close to the insulator!

On a plus note that means i have to buy another RTA now :o

Soldato
Got a bunch of Vapemail today from the USA that a friend sent over. Bunch of wire, lots of flavour.

Spent most of the afternoon building fused Claptons from scratch, wasted a crap load of wire but got there in the end. Not so hard once I got the hang of how fast to run the drill.
Tried out some of the juices, mostly Elements stuff. Some if it is nice but man it seriously gunks up the coils.

Gonna try some more complex coil builds tomorrow, been watching a loads of vids & local vape shop guy showed me a few building examples

Permabanned
Got my HexOhm v3 yesterday!

Think it may have ruined my trend of grabbing a new mod every pay day... Paired it with the Pharaoh RTA with a staple fused Clapton (0.22) and I've never had a vape like it. With the potentiometer set at 50% there's almost no ramp up and paired with the Pharaoh's silky airflow you get SUCH a smooth hit packed with flavour.

Such an iconic looking device and ridiculously easy to use thanks to all the new safety features on the board (low voltage cut off, on off switch etc).

Couldn't be happier! Tempted to just sell all my other gear now to get another!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my HexOhm v3 yesterday!

Think it may have ruined my trend of grabbing a new mod every pay day... Paired it with the Pharaoh RTA with a staple fused Clapton (0.22) and I've never had a vape like it. With the potentiometer set at 50% there's almost no ramp up and paired with the Pharaoh's silky airflow you get SUCH a smooth hit packed with flavour.

Such an iconic looking device and ridiculously easy to use thanks to all the new safety features on the board (low voltage cut off, on off switch etc).

Couldn't be happier! Tempted to just sell all my other gear now to get another!

Save a ton of money and invest in a Tesla invader 3, basically the same thing, but smaller and costs around £25, or of you want something bigger try the ijoy zenith, again same basic thing, only a 3 cell setup and costs £30...

And yes, ramp up on these vv mods is excellent, as is battery life!

Back
Top Bottom