***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
I've made a couple of small bottles of liquid, one with 10% Apple Pie (TFA), 3mg nic (nic is pg based) and 70vg/30pg and a bottle using this recipe - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/215112/Sparkling Apple Peach Wine. All pg/vg/nic supplies bought from Darkstar

Both have been sat around steeping for a week now and the throat hit is still way too harsh with both. Why could that be? Secondly, the recipe linked to above asks for an amount of nic base, but at 100% nic? My nicotine is 7.2%?

Last edited:
Associate
The nic in that recipe is 10% nic (100mg/ml) so if you used 7.2% (72mg/ml) at the same weight yours should be weaker not stronger. Why it is harsh I don't know.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I've made a couple of small bottles of liquid, one with 10% Apple Pie (TFA), 3mg nic (nic is pg based) and 70vg/30pg and a bottle using this recipe - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/215112/Sparkling Apple Peach Wine. All pg/vg/nic supplies bought from Darkstar

Both have been sat around steeping for a week now and the throat hit is still way too harsh with both. Why could that be? Secondly, the recipe linked to above asks for an amount of nic base, but at 100% nic? My nicotine is 7.2%?

You did set the nic to 72mg and not 100mg didn't you? If you didn't that could explain the harshness.

In any case, leaving the cap off should take away some of the harshness.

Soldato
You did set the nic to 72mg and not 100mg didn't you? If you didn't that could explain the harshness.

In any case, leaving the cap off should take away some of the harshness.

Yeah, the mix was right. I used the steam engine link to work out the ratios. I'll leave it brewing for a bit. Thanks guys

Caporegime
Size is the generic 3 battery shape, Like the rx200, the only difference is a more central 510.
Construction is good, i dont like the leather door so have a carbon on order.
Its heavy though, but all 3 battery mods are, its worth the £70 i wouldnt pay 120 for it though.
Where did u find the carbon door for it?? I need to order one as well for my LVT.

Permabanned
Watched mike's review of the Pharaoh RTA, quite impressed tbh, may have to invest in one.

I love mine! Honestly one of the best RTA's I've ever owned. I've found that you really do have to use chunky coils in it though. Using anything but big staple fused claptons and the like doesn't;t do the tank any justice and you'll just get dry hits past 60 watts, regardless of your wicking technique.

Soldato
I would have to agree.
My Pharaoh RTA got exponentially better when I stuck a Staggerton in it.

Quick question guys. Would UK customs be okay with me bringing back e-juice in my luggage?
Off to the UAE to see the In Laws for a few days & then to KL, Malaysia. The idea is to stock up on all those Malay e-juices I love so much.

Permabanned
I would have to agree.

Quick question guys. Would UK customs be okay with me bringing back e-juice in my luggage?
Off to the UAE to see the In Laws for a few days & then to KL, Malaysia. The idea is to stock up on all those Malay e-juices I love so much.

Where do you get your staggertons from bud? Looking for a reputeable vendor/builder instead of going to coil master all the time.

Caporegime
Watched mike's review of the Pharaoh RTA, quite impressed tbh, may have to invest in one.

Should have mine by end of week, looking forward to using it.

So I made some fused Clapton coils today using my coil master winding jig. The wire I'm using is 26ga *2 with a 30ga wire. A few problems, one the 3mm coiling rod has issues wrapping the wire...doesn't seem to grab it very well i.e. keeps slipping off. But I managed to get it working. Saying that I've wasted enough wire trying to get the hang of wrapping coils. The wire is from geekvape.

Second 2 3mm claptons are difficult to fit into the troll rta due to the fact that the metal chamber isn't really wide enough so rubs against the coils. I've had to push the coils quite close to the deck but not sure if it will melt the insulator that sits in between the deck.

Haven't wicked it yet but will do at some point.

http://zapwrapz.co.uk/products/triade

Tried to buy the pre wrapped version but had to get this in the end.

Cheers mate, yeh I had a look at that site before. Might end up getting it as my LVT is looking a bit battered now with the paint chipping off.

Soldato
Meh 10% is 10% I'll have a hunt around close the time for in stock items and see what takes my fancy, really should invest in a mod that's not garbage.

Evic primo: won't read anything with a short 510

Praxis banshee: reads resistance completely wrong when woken up

Movkin disguiser: reads resistance around 0.05 higher then everything else.

Hugo boxer 160: fire button fell off

Rx200: 510 went full retard

Sigelei T150: who knows, it arrives today, i almost know something's going to be wrong with it

So now back alternating between the invader 3 and vaporshark DNA 200...Knew i should have bought a Battlestar over cny.

Soldato
I would have to agree.

Should be fine. I had a couple of bottles in my case coming back from New York the other week.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
FT will be having a 10% site wide sale from April 14th to 17th.

EGGBASKET is the code.

Was hoping for a better discount but seeing as I don't really need anything, I won't be ordering from FT.

Handy. Was looking on FT for a few bits and pieces last night but decided to wait before ordering. Glad I did now.

Movkin disguiser: reads resistance around 0.05 higher then everything else.
Not liking this as I have one arriving soon (hopefully tomorrow before I leave for a few days away).

Back
Top Bottom