***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I stopped (for now?) with patches and a made-up mind. It's been about 6 weeks.

I have not really thought about it, but it is bizarre to think back to the point where I had a compulsion to lift one of those things to my mouth multiple times a day. I actually don't want to remember.:(

It'll be four weeks with patches for me on Wednesday. I started on 14mg and dont wear them to bed, seems to be the perfect combination for me. (No more nightmares!)

I tried e-cigs and couldnt get on with them.

Associate
Congrats to all those who give up this disgusting habit. For those that are trying, good luck guys, there are only positives to this surely.
Regardless of medium, WILL POWER is the only true tool you need.
The body may crave, but the mind controls.

No offense but people saying things like this when I gave up smoking made things all the worse and actually made me want to spark up

Soldato
Devrij, Sorry to be bugging you but you seem very knowledgable in this department, Ive had a read but just to clear this up.

I purchased the starter kit Vision eGo as linked here (http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/starter-bundle/standardbundle.html) Now where I put the juice on this model is it classed as a tank? And also when I purchased it recommended me to purchase as linked (http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/vision-ego/ce5-v3.html) What would the advantages be of purchasing the CE5 V3? Also I believe that is the part I would need to replace every 3/4 Week Is that true?

Also what method does this particular starter kit use "dripping" ? I believe not but I am unsure.

Soldato
Devrij, Sorry to be bugging you but you seem very knowledgable in this department, Ive had a read but just to clear this up.

I purchased the starter kit Vision eGo as linked here (http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/starter-bundle/standardbundle.html) Now where I put the juice on this model is it classed as a tank? And also when I purchased it recommended me to purchase as linked (http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/vision-ego/ce5-v3.html) What would the advantages be of purchasing the CE5 V3? Also I believe that is the part I would need to replace every 3/4 Week Is that true?

Also what method does this particular starter kit use "dripping" ? I believe not but I am unsure.

Hey Gilbert. Those are tank atomisers, which basically just hold more juice than a standard cartomiser. The liquid wicks up the fibre that you see and reaches a coil at the top. They're filled by taking off the top and mouthpiece, and dripping liquid in around the side of the coil so it fills up the tank. You then screw the top bits back on (and I personally then give it a tip to soak the wicks) and give it a few minutes to get the liquid up to the coil. Then puff away!

I haven't used the CE5s, so can't say whether they're worth £6 a pop (when that amount can get you a pack of 5x standard 510 cartomisers). Cartomisers/atomisers can be unpredictable, but expect to change them every 3 or so weeks -- they can come out of the pack tasting like burnt crud and have to be chucked immediately, or go on strong for over a month+. It's a real crap shoot.

These do not use the "dripping" method, which is really only used with a standard atomiser and a drip tip (to make it easier). While tanks hold your liquid in them all day as you carry it about, drippers only drop liquid straight onto the atomiser's coil before they puff. Once the flavour and vapour diminishes enough, you then drop a few more (usually 3 or 4 at a time) drops on and resume. Tanks are generally easier for starters as you just fill it up and go on your merry way for the day. I used to drip exclusively but got fed up with accidental flooding and crappy atomisers leaking from the threads when they shouldn't have, so now just stick mainly to Boge cartos and occasionally the Vivi Mini Nova.

Soldato
OP

That's been answered pretty comprehensively for you there! There are lots of different atomisers out there in various formats. It's predominantly a matter of preference as to which is best for you. Tanks are beginner friendly, but occasionally have wicking problems (burnt taste), cartomisers are very easy to use, but wear out quickly, and some people like to use basic atomisers and drip liquid straight onto it. I think that's a right PITA though. If you want to try something different then the smok dual coil cartomisers I linked earlier are one of my favourites

Associate
I use those and yeah you do have to change them every 3 weeks or so as you don't get as good a vape after a while. Never had a duff one out of the 20 or so I've used so far. Expensive? Less than 1 pack of those old analogue cigs! :)

Soldato
Hey Gilbert. Those are tank atomisers, which basically just hold more juice than a standard cartomiser. The liquid wicks up the fibre that you see and reaches a coil at the top. They're filled by taking off the top and mouthpiece, and dripping liquid in around the side of the coil so it fills up the tank. You then screw the top bits back on (and I personally then give it a tip to soak the wicks) and give it a few minutes to get the liquid up to the coil. Then puff away!

I haven't used the CE5s, so can't say whether they're worth £6 a pop (when that amount can get you a pack of 5x standard 510 cartomisers). Cartomisers/atomisers can be unpredictable, but expect to change them every 3 or so weeks -- they can come out of the pack tasting like burnt crud and have to be chucked immediately, or go on strong for over a month+. It's a real crap shoot.

These do not use the "dripping" method, which is really only used with a standard atomiser and a drip tip (to make it easier). While tanks hold your liquid in them all day as you carry it about, drippers only drop liquid straight onto the atomiser's coil before they puff. Once the flavour and vapour diminishes enough, you then drop a few more (usually 3 or 4 at a time) drops on and resume. Tanks are generally easier for starters as you just fill it up and go on your merry way for the day. I used to drip exclusively but got fed up with accidental flooding and crappy atomisers leaking from the threads when they shouldn't have, so now just stick mainly to Boge cartos and occasionally the Vivi Mini Nova.

Im expecting it to arrive Wednesday/Thursday at the latest., Will let you know how I go on, Thanks for that I have a much better understanding now really do appreciate that, 1 last question dare I ask! When ordering Cartomizer's what resistance should I be buying? Lowering having what effect? Higher having what effect? thanks.

Associate
My Kanger T3 clearomiser's turned up over the weekend. Fortunately they don't need an adapter for my EVIC. Replaced the 2.4 ohm heads with 1.8 ones. Gotta say, this setup is now the dog's danglies.

The MVR software seems a bit gimmicky, although the multiple variable voltage stuff looks interesting where you can program the voltage to change over the course of a single puff. Haven't played around with it yet but will give it a try over the next few days.

The most impressive thing for me, after the taste, is the battery. The puff counter shows I'm taking around 250 puffs a day and I can easily get 2 days out of a single charge.

Associate
I use the CE5, you can get the heads from ecigzoo for £1.75 each. I was using the V3 but the CE5 has a much better draw. Based on what I was reading in here, I thought I would give the Boge 510s a shot but they aren't for me (I tried the LR ones, I'm a throat hit junky). I find the CE5 gives a far better flavour/vapour production but I can't see me getting away with them without variable voltage. 4.2v seems to be the sweet spot for most juices but I find the CE5 varies a lot with each new head, sometimes they benefit from a lower voltage for the first hour or so.

Soldato
OP
Im expecting it to arrive Wednesday/Thursday at the latest., Will let you know how I go on, Thanks for that I have a much better understanding now really do appreciate that, 1 last question dare I ask! When ordering Cartomizer's what resistance should I be buying? Lowering having what effect? Higher having what effect? thanks.

Low resistance = higher current at the same voltage = hotter coil = more vapour/throat hit

Also uses more battery. High resistance tends to last longer due to more twists in the heating coil, but doesn't burn as hot. It's a preference thing.

Permabanned
My Kanger T3 clearomiser's turned up over the weekend. Fortunately they don't need an adapter for my EVIC. Replaced the 2.4 ohm heads with 1.8 ones. Gotta say, this setup is now the dog's danglies.

The MVR software seems a bit gimmicky, although the multiple variable voltage stuff looks interesting where you can program the voltage to change over the course of a single puff. Haven't played around with it yet but will give it a try over the next few days.

The most impressive thing for me, after the taste, is the battery. The puff counter shows I'm taking around 250 puffs a day and I can easily get 2 days out of a single charge.

250, isn't that a lot?

Associate
250, isn't that a lot?

Guess it depends? I never really checked how many drags I got out of a cig, but lets say maybe 10 drags a cig? That isn't so different from say 20-30 a day. I think I might take more puffs than that but I'm not really that interested. If the device I used told me I'd look but it wouldn't effect my usage.

I know some people use ultra high nicotine levels for times they can't vape a lot. Say when at work or travelling. I'm talking 45mg juice here.

Associate
Can someone please link me a battery for the vv (I think that's the one) As I'm point blank retarded when it comes to batteries.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what you are asking here. Are you looking for batteries for a VV device you have / plan to get or do you want advice on a device and/or batteries.

Soldato
OP
Sorry I should have been a tad more specific. I'm looking to buy the body and a battery/charger.

What kind of budget do you have? If you want to go cheap, the lavatube is a great entry level piece of kit, or you could pick up an ego twist for even less.

If you want to go higher end, then you have the Vamo (linked a page or so ago)

The batteries for the Lavatube/Vamo are 18650 (with no nipple on them). You'll usually get a charger with them if you get a kit.

Soldato
My wife and I are going to give this a go.

A friend of a friend can get this double packs for £20 £25 and £35

My friend said that there Chinese imports so it's got me thinking should I give these a miss and go to my local shop or should I get them and just buy the juice from my local?

Edit. Just drove past the shop near me and it's called vapeescape. So if I do give these chinese ones a miss what would be my best buy for around 30 quid each?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My wife and I are going to give this a go.

A friend of a friend can get this double packs for £20 £25 and £35

My friend said that there Chinese imports so it's got me thinking should I give these a miss and go to my local shop or should I get them and just buy the juice from my local?

Edit. Just drove past the shop near me and it's called vapeescape. So if I do give these chinese ones a miss what would be my best buy for around 30 quid each?

You're lucky to have vapeescape near you! I'd pop in there and see if you can try out some different devices to find one that suits you both (maybe a few different flavours too). Generally speaking the disposables are pretty rubbish. £35 would set you up with a kit that would last you a year, and all you'd need to buy would be liquid and replacement atomisers.

Soldato
No offense but people saying things like this when I gave up smoking made things all the worse and actually made me want to spark up

eh?!! :eek:
Why on earth would what i said make you want to spark up again?
Did you not employ a level of willpower to give it up? Do you not agree its a disgusting habit?
I honestly don't understand what you meant, unless you thought i was being patronising, which i absolutely wasn't.
I hate smoking with a passion, I applaud those that give/attempt to give it up and scoff at those that continue to smoke or restart smoking (with all the facts about how damaging it is, smokers must be missing a huge amount of common sense).
Yes, I'm very opinionated about smoking, but i don't see why what i said would have you wanting ti light up....weird!

Soldato
You're lucky to have vapeescape near you! I'd pop in there and see if you can try out some different devices to find one that suits you both (maybe a few different flavours too). Generally speaking the disposables are pretty rubbish. £35 would set you up with a kit that would last you a year, and all you'd need to buy would be liquid and replacement atomisers.

Ye I think I better just go in. It's only a two min walk from my house. I thought you just put the liquid in and away you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom