***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The Uk Vapours forum has a thread showing people how to put a new o ring in (some of the first version were shorting at the 510 connector) so it shouldn't be to hard to fix it for yourself.

DV menthol is just menthol crystals doesn't have any of the mint or tobacco background that other menthol flavours often have.

CBA with all that to be honest. I did look around for a replacement base, saw a few US sites selling them, the only UK stockist was out of stock so i just ordered a couple more. Shall keep the old one for spares though.

Soldato
What do you guy's think gets the best from Grants Vanilla Custard, what piece of kit!

DCT isn't cutting it I don't think.

i am vaping it in a Kanger T3 on my Evic, but i have noticed a couple of things.
It tastes burnt if i go above 7.0w on the evic while other juices dont.
I have added about 20% orange flavour to the tank as well, imo it actually makes it taste better, but taste is very subjective.
If u use it on my Ego battery, its too smooth for me, no throat hit or cannot feel it going into my lungs at all (this is 100% GVC) with the addition of the orange and higher wattage i can feel a throat hit.

Soldato
OP
I still use my novas on my vamo, and have been getting on fine with it, but a bloke at work has given me some 200 mesh and a steel wire cable (apparently it wicks like a beast) so I'm going to give that a go until royal mail pull the finger out and deliver the mesh I ordered on Thursday for my RSST.

Soldato
Ive just swapped all my liquid out to Single Coil Carto's using an Ego VV feels a smoother vape like there is more adequate power there?

I get on with Menthol like a beast cracking flavour and throat hit, Trying GVC not much throat hit and an okay taste.

I love the smell of sweet flavours and the first few draws then it doesn't really satisfy me unfortunately so will just stick to different types of menthol in future once I have got through my 30ML of GVC.

Sticking with the basic kit for the time being as it's fine for me, Only been vaping 50 odd day's and saved myself 500 Cigs, cheers Devrij!! Top bloke you're thread inspired me let's say.

Associate
I'm going to buy one of these three, either a Smoktech SID, a Vamo V2 or an Ego VV-VW Mod Vamo. Anyone have a preference or not to buy any of these? Maybe there's something better in the £30-50 price range I'm looking for I haven't come across?

Associate
They may well be, different sites, different descriptions, one saying it has "a revised top spring" so it would make sense to go with that one. So that or the Smoktech up to now ...

Soldato
OP
Well, 20 popped coils later and I'm going to call it a night on my rsst. I think .15 nichrome wasn't ideal, but it's all I had. It sort of works now, but the legs are hot as hell.

Soldato
They may well be, different sites, different descriptions, one saying it has "a revised top spring" so it would make sense to go with that one. So that or the Smoktech up to now ...

Spec wise they look very similar. Same VV and VW range etc. There are a lot of very happy Vamo users out there, including myself, even though I've only been using it for a few days.

Soldato
I bought an EGO ce4 with battery etc other day I like it but its so beginnerish.

Anyone got suggestions on good batteries tanks n tops? I want something that feels strong like smoking but obv not exactly the same. Im guessing what I have is not made to do that.

I love vaping and love shisha bt ive got no clue about vaping.

Soldato
The difference between an ego battery and something like a Vamo even when used with a CE4 is night night and day. Being able to control the power will give you a massive difference in hit. My ego batteries are just for taking out with me now.

Soldato
Ah I didn't realise. Congrats on stopping smoking :) Not really sure what will work best for you as I'm vaping as a substitute for smoking so I need the nicotine. I'm sure someone in a similar position to yourself will come along and help or you could have a browse of the many vaping forums. So far, in my limited vaping experience, I've found menthol to give the best 'hit'.

Soldato
Ah I didn't realise. Congrats on stopping smoking :) Not really sure what will work best for you as I'm vaping as a substitute for smoking so I need the nicotine. I'm sure someone in a similar position to yourself will come along and help or you could have a browse of the many vaping forums. So far, in my limited vaping experience, I've found menthol to give the best 'hit'.

Im not against using Nicotine the only difference is I wont be smoking fags which have a huge dis advantage.

So what is your setup then?

Soldato
Anyone got a link to make time go faster? :p
Cant wait til my Vamo arrives!

Find a local dealer and take one of these every time you wake up:

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/p...=nitrazepam&preparationNitrazepam 5mg tablets

:p

Im not against using Nicotine the only difference is I wont be smoking fags which have a huge dis advantage.

So what is your setup then?

As many of us have, I started with an Ego CE5 kit from Vapeland and using that, I managed to completely stop smoking immediately. I was a heavy smoker so it definitely did its job. Now I'm using a Vamo with X8 cartomiser tanks and boge cartomisers (the stock cartos are pap). Sometimes I'll put my CE4 on the Vamo as it's full of menthol.

Will be getting some Vivi Novas and minis this week as I seem to get quite bored on a single flavour. I'm also going to recoil the heads I have to a lower resistance so they will give me a better vape on the ego batteries when I'm not at home. Getting a lower resistance head is also something you could try with your ego. Lower resistance gives increased wattage to the coil at the same voltage which leads to more vapour and stronger 'hit'.

I'm not going to tell you what to do but if I had successfully been nicotine free for a month, there's no way I'd start vaping anything with the stuff in :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom