US: **The Walking Dead Season 9 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Caporegime
I don't think you can run a Ford modeo on AA batteries to be fair

Even if you could the point is they never seem to have any trouble with the supplies they need except when it's core to the story or they want to bring in a new gimmick like horses all of which would have been eaten to death by zombies anyway. I'd wager horses would be rarer than petrol in a zombie apocalypse.

There's just so much lack of realism and "WTF?" moments come into the show it's like it's being written by a 10 year old.

Director: "People are asking why we have an infinite supply of batteries for the walky talkies."
Writer: "I'll just quickly say they're solar powered in a throw away line that'll fix it."

Last edited:
Soldato
What's wrong with solar powered walkie talkies?
I assume the batteries are removable and they get charged up on solar panels and swapped out as and when?
Doesn't seem that far fetched....

....unlike the rest of the show which goes from strength to strength in 'beggaring belief'.
Sheesh !!
Cast your mind back to how good it used to be. What the hell happened? :(

Still.... at least we know how Rick dies now. Tetanus !! :D

Permabanned
Walkie talkie, walker......walkie, walker.....the walkie talkies are undead!

Edit: I don't know why I used "ie" instead of simply "y", lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh come on - seriously !

Horse stands untied from walkers 6ft away when Rick and Daryl have just got out of pit.

Horse panics when walker groups both appear 100ft away especially when there is a clear exit.

PATHETIC

I actually want the walkers/Negan to win - it's almost as though Ricks gang are having their brains slowly turn into zombie mush.

Really like the 'mutation' idea get some of the zzzzz out of the zombies.

I know its all based on the comics, but why can't they focus on the disease, the cause, the cure (CDC in Altanta was a great never-followed story arc).

Soldato
Well that was a interesting episode to say the least, so much happened and nice nods to previous characters,

Not a fan of the bait and switch Rick death, everyone thinks he's dead without him being fully written off the show to pop back later down the line
the extended preview at the end for the next 3 episodes looks like a completely different show to what we've got used to having to sit through.

Caporegime
Felt like a goodbye to the whole show for most of it, however the ending and the preview has blown things wide open. It does indeed look like the old show we all loved at one point, just wonder how long it lasts.

Is Rick on a break then or is that just their way of getting rid of his character without having to kill him off? or are they just leaving the door open for a return if the show gets back on track?

Caporegime
i just hope they dont do the old leave it open ending to rick like so many shows do then say its up to the viewer to decide if they decided. more like its up to see if we can make more money at a later date ending. :p

the horse bucking him so he went on the bars was utterlly stupid especially after staying still with large hoards close.

ending was not bad. genuinely though oohhh then realized there was time left in episode lol.:p

Soldato
parts of that were fairly well done but the ending? just what? time travel/fear the walking dead/flash forward? so confused

Associate
Was expecting Negan to do an evil grin to the camera after Maggie threw him back in the cell, I thought he was faking it to escape her wrath.

Not sure how Rick ended up in the river, must have been a magical sucking forward dynamite explosion... Decent episode overall though. No idea who the people were at the end, was I meant to?

Caporegime
It jumped the sharked a few seasons ago, thankfully I'm done with it now although it's a bit disappointing they didn't kill Rick off. They're obviously deluded enough to think the series won't tank now without Rick.

Negan begging to be killed and then just walking back into the cell like a dog when Maggie tells him sums the writer up.

Soldato
So next week is the time jump of like 5 years or whatever it is?

Why not have the group's reaction next week and then the 2nd half of the season have the time jump?

Soldato
So next week is the time jump of like 5 years or whatever it is?

Why not have the group's reaction next week and then the 2nd half of the season have the time jump?

Only guessing, but I would imagine it will be a combination of both. It appears to be the way of things at the moment, to have timelines crossing over here and there. Even though it still had it's weekly wtf moments I've resigned myself to the comic-book story telling style. The horse that threw him off, because it was spooked by the walkers, seemed happy enough to amble along just in front of the herd for the majority of the episode. And we won't mention Rick being blown into the river and not smithereens.

That said I enjoyed it for the most part, and it was a decent enough way for the character to bow out. I think it would have been the end of the show had he been killed off. He remains part of the ongoing story even if he's not currently story telling. Now there is always the possibility he may return at some point in the future, also it opens up the whole world they are in. I hear Andrew Lincoln had signed up to front 3 "Walking dead" movies that are based elsewhere and will open up the scope of the show. Possible locations outside the good ole USA.

Last edited:
Associate
It's been a few seasons but I loved the latest episode.

Great to see Shane back (aka The Punisher), gutted when he was killed off in Season 2 Finale.

I'm glad they didn't kill Rick off so there's potential that he might return.

Couldn't understand how he managed to get into the river when the TNT went off? and how there wasn't any burn marks or soot on him either?..

Judith at the end looks bad ass with Ricks gun and a Katana sword on her back, and a few fresh faces are welcoming.

Yea, looking forward to what's ahead tbh.

Back
Top Bottom