US: **The Walking Dead Season 9 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Associate
Felt like a goodbye to the whole show for most of it, however the ending and the preview has blown things wide open. It does indeed look like the old show we all loved at one point, just wonder how long it lasts.

Is Rick on a break then or is that just their way of getting rid of his character without having to kill him off? or are they just leaving the door open for a return if the show gets back on track?

I think it's unlikely he will make a return to the Walking Dead, but I believe they are making spin offs with just Rick which will be aimed more at what's going on, on a wider scale and not just 3 communities or whatever.

Should have kept Shane alive, best character in the show.

I'm glad he's not in it, otherwise it's very unlikely he would have been The Punisher. :p

Mondays episode has kind of explained why things have been a bit slow this season, hopefully next weeks episode will pump some life back into the show.

Soldato
Could be a turning point for the show

New location and characters will obviously help and hopefully we will start to look at the bigger picture. Of course there's always going to be the threat of another group ;)

Would be disappointing not to see Rick again in this show but fair enough if he'll be in some spin off movies or whatever .

Surely this is the producers trying to make the whole franchise what people want it to be.

Associate
I was at the point of giving up with the show, the circle story line was just to much this last series has totally broke the circle and give walking dead the lift it needed, absolutely love where its going.

Love that the zombies are evolving wicked stuff :)

Associate
Love that the zombies are evolving wicked stuff :)

Any idea what they'll be evolving into?, suppose they can't become faster (like 28 days later) because they've decayed overtime, more intelligent maybe? take instructions from each other? Can't be stopped even by a bullet to the head? (like The Return of the living dead).

Permabanned
For you guys that haven't read the comics, not to be spoilery but... after Negan is locked up there's a major arc where the walkers are spiced up a bit, beyond what you guys are saying. I guess the show makers will still go down that route, and hopefully they don't mess it up (although, to be fair, it's one of the weaker arcs in the comics IMO, but still).

If that's too spoilery, my bad. I said it not only because of the above posts but also because I've seen several people over the past years complain about the walkers being boring.

Edit: "Beyond" isn't the right term, "another way" describes it better. It's not some big thing BTW, it's quite simple but I quite like it and I guess they could improve it in the show.

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea what they'll be evolving into?, suppose they can't become faster (like 28 days later) because they've decayed overtime, more intelligent maybe? take instructions from each other? Can't be stopped even by a bullet to the head? (like The Return of the living dead).

In the trailer you hear the zombies say "where are they" as they are walking passed where they're hiding. so yeah there getting more intelligent ;);)

Soldato
In the trailer you hear the zombies say "where are they" as they are walking passed where they're hiding. so yeah there getting more intelligent ;);)

I don't think the walkers are "evolving." My guess would be, it's another group that is camouflaging themselves to be able to move freely between the walkers. Rick's group have done it a few times to escape when they were desperate. Having already seen one "odd" group lead by Jadis. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they introduced another bizarre group. IMO some of the reason that the shows gone off the boil is because it has strayed to far away from the gritty survival/reality seen in the early seasons. It's now been replaced by "comic-book" villains and their accompanying comic-book plots. Still enjoy the show, be interesting to see how things develop now that Andrew Lincoln has departed.

Associate
If they are making spin off movies I bet they will not be shown at the cinema, on TV/ straight to DVD. I cannot see anyone splashing out on a cinema ticket as the viewing figures have dropped
so much.

Soldato
If they are making spin off movies I bet they will not be shown at the cinema, on TV/ straight to DVD. I cannot see anyone splashing out on a cinema ticket as the viewing figures have dropped
so much.

From what little I read, Andrew Lincoln has signed up for a 3 movie deal. He has also said he will not appear in the WD series again. You would assume that the movies will go straight to TV rather than cinema. It feels like they are moving away form Walking dead the series, to Walking dead the franchise. We already have Fear the walking dead, now the movies and I've read rumors that the scope of the show may well move to a more global view. That could mean we see spin-off shows set outside the US.

Soldato
Well the new group will be the whisperers?

Not sure how the Rick situation will work, will whoever took him not play a part in any of the episodes? Also imagine not seeing your daughter for years, maybe he will in the movies?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Even after the time jump you'd think people would remember you don't mess with Carol.

Yeah, it's easily forgotten she did the same thing in the prison with fuel and fire. She is probably the most ruthless of the group. Would it not be funny if Negan takes over from Rick :D

The last scene with Eugene and Rosetta gives a massive clue of what's to come.

Permabanned
Yep, the Whisperers. As said, I thought that was a weaker arc in the comics, so maybe they'll be improved in the show somehow....won't hold my breath :p

Back
Top Bottom