***The "We need another meet in Summer 2013" thread***

Soldato
Id love to do this, although i dont think id be any good with my camera as i havent had it long, im attempting the modules from practical photography though so with that, and another years experience i think id be ready to try it next year.

Just looked at the thread from last year and some of the pictures are phenomenal!

Man of Honour
There's no such thing as being "ready" for attending a photo meet, you either go or you don't and those that do tend to have a rather good blast :)

You'll probably find you get into the swing of it right away and plus, it is a great opportunity to check out lenses others are using and maybe have a go to see where your shooting fits in with different kit and speak to others.

Soldato
There's no such thing as being "ready" for attending a photo meet, you either go or you don't and those that do tend to have a rather good blast :)

You'll probably find you get into the swing of it right away and plus, it is a great opportunity to check out lenses others are using and maybe have a go to see where your shooting fits in with different kit and speak to others.

Im going to check on train and coach prices, this is something i really should just jump into.. Thank you for the reply.

Man of Honour
If you book a megatrain ticket a month+ in advance then a return ticket should only cost you a few quid :)

That's what I'll be doing, as soon as a date is confirmed I'll book a megatrain ticket!

Soldato
If you book a megatrain ticket a month+ in advance then a return ticket should only cost you a few quid :)

That's what I'll be doing, as soon as a date is confirmed I'll book a megatrain ticket!

Im working the 31st, i work 3 on 3 off, ill come reguardless of that, a month is a good enough time scale to get some of the modules from practical photography magazine done (a new 6 mod school they started 2 months ago) should have some skills at least by then.

Where would we meet though, i mean London is huge!

Soldato
They might have left by late August, but, if someone who lives in London could check, how would people feel about taking a train over to Knightsbridge at some point and see if we can get a photo of some of the Exotic Hyper/Supercars imported in from Dubai for Summer?

kd

This would be good! How come a few of you are against it?

Soldato
This would be good! How come a few of you are against it?

When you live in the city and see some of these cars every day it gets boring :D

Also i myself find it boring take pictures of cars. i prefer taking street pictures of a scene or people as each time it is unique and different.

Btw i am planning to go on a photowalk on saturday on my own around central london.

Soldato

Yup, like the 35 *nudge nudge wink wink*

kd

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the lack of my involvement in the thread guys, work is sucking the life out of me currently but I'm obviously still attending.

I presume the 31st is still a go for most people? If it is I'll book my train ticket tonight.

Soldato
I think... I may be leaning towards doing this.

I don't have anything lined up that day. It would be something different.

Besides, I guess it would be good to have a mediocre photographer along to balance out some of the better ones :)

Man of Honour
Me too 31st works for me, Robbie we could head up together if you fancied it?

Sure thing, depending on how we wanna go up there, I was thinking taking the train from Portsmouth to Waterloo? If we book now the tickets will only cost a few quid for return (megatrain tickets). I can drive us both to Portsmouth Harbour as I can park in staff parking.

Back
Top Bottom