The Windows 8 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/BPS-1005

On the C++ vs .NET vs HTML5/JS affair... skip to about 5min 30sec... the audience gives a huge cheer for wanting to write Metro apps in C# and VB.NET. Not such a big cheer for HTML5. And an non-existent cheer for C++.

What does that tell you :p

HTML5/JS Metro apps are just a marketing tool to capture hobbyists and web devs to start writing for Windows.

Associate
OP
HTML5/JS Metro apps are just a marketing tool to capture hobbyists and web devs to start writing for Windows.

I agree. HTML5/JS is just marketing rubbish to get web devs to make gimmicky apps. Using it to make complex apps is just not possible, it cant be done. Imagine if Photoshop or 3DS Max were made with HTML5. It would be 100x more simple and run like ****!!

I'm just so sick of HTML5. Most overrated thing ever. Cant even do half the things as Flash can, and when it does it often uses 10x as much CPU usage. What makes me laugh is when you view Apples own HTML5 demo's on a iPad it maxes out the CPU and runs under 10 FPS. Yet Flash can do the same on a less powerful Android smartphone and run at 60 FPS. Even MS's own Silverlight is so much better and more efficient.

Associate
Does anyone know if the Windows 7 USB install tool works with the Win 8 ISO? Because i want to use it to put Win 8 on a USB stick and install from that. Or is there another way?

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if the Windows 7 USB install tool works with the Win 8 ISO? Because i want to use it to put Win 8 on a USB stick and install from that. Or is there another way?

It wouldn't boot from USB for some reason, but never tried that though. It is talking from USB from within windows fine. But of course you'll lose anything on the drive

Man of Honour
posting from windows8

someone should start a new thread with hints, tips, keyboard shortcuts and other stuff and keep this thread more for features and news.

Soldato

it works fine with the win7 usb tool. i've tested and installed it just fine.

Will it let you upgrade?

yup- infact that's all you can do from within windows. it won't let you do a custom dual boot install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom