The Windows 8 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Works fine on full workstation. I created a Windows 7 PC and then removed the floppy disk (with the answer file on it) and installed it manually. If you don't remove the disk it fails to install.

M.

Man of Honour
I wanted to like metro and it just doesn't work well with a mouse. Getting sick of everything being orientated for touch stuff these days

it works absolutely fine with a mouse, it's a bit of a learning curve, but once you find out how to do stuff, it is simple and fast to use a mouse.

Soldato
People are moaning at some of us not liking the Metro stuff. Well I have a reason. I work in IT support - supporting 3000 business users in business critical enviroments. And getting people to use Windows 7 is hard enough let alone stupid metro, it will just get in the way and cause more problems. Hopefully the business/pro version won't come with this.

At home okay I can see it has its uses but other wise comes to me as a waste of time for businesses

Soldato
Surely you'll be able to remove the metro stuff with group policy in a corporate environment

MW

I completely hope so for my sanity, but until we see group policy schemes its hard to know. TBH I hope the professional/business version doesn't have it.

If there is no Group policy, it will have to be reg disabled accross the board.

Soldato
Im dl windows 8 now, what build is everyone using? From the screenies ppl posted win 8 looks good, a improvement on win7 and will deffo be upgrading to win8 next yr.

Soldato
Is there any information on whether Win8 will be available for pre-order at similar prices to the Win7 pre-order offer? I think I picked up Win7 Retail for about £45!

Would be great if they do something similar for Win8.

What sort of release date are we talking, I'm assuming it's still a long way off.

Man of Honour
Is there a way to watch the conference live, rather than waiting for video. I can't see it on the site.

As for pricing, mornings been said yet.

Soldato
Anyone know:

1) How to remove the watermark on the desktop?

2) How to get the volume/brightness graphical overlaps on bootcamp to display? They appear to be missing in Windows 8 even with Bootcamp 4.0 installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom