The Windows 8 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my only beef with the Vista/7 previews, especially for x64.

Not Microsoft's fault though, lazy manufacturers :(

Personally I think all manufactures should push them to Microsoft to be signed and then updates via the update centre to improve compatibility.

I know you can download them from the manufactures now but to be honest this would make Windows more stable in my eyes.

The people who no the os better are Microsoft themselves not 3rd party companies.

Personally I think all manufactures should push them to Microsoft to be signed and then updates via the update centre to improve compatibility.

I know you can download them from the manufactures now but to be honest this would make Windows more stable in my eyes.

The people who no the os better are Microsoft themselves not 3rd party companies.

do microsoft not charge a fortune to have a driver signed? im sure i read that somewhere, which is why companies dont bother.

My only tiny single small problem with the dev preview was teamspeak would not receive my PTT key if it was not the main window. Such a tiny tiny thing but unfortunately a massive deal breaker for me. TS3 has updated several times since then, + beta soon. Hopefully that fixes it. I love the task manager though i HATED you could not set another browser to be default for URL links other than the IE metro version. very very annoying.

Presumably they will release a 64 bit version?

Based on previous experience, these releases are usually pretty 'solid'.

I bet the initial download speeds will be very slow though!

My thoughts at the moment are to start it off just before I go to bed at around midnight, and to leave it running overnight!

Last edited:
Presumably they will release a 64 bit version?

Based on previous experience, these releases are usually pretty 'solid'.

I bet the initial download speeds will be very slow though!

My thoughts at the moment are to start it off just before I go to bed at around midnight, and to leave it running overnight!

the dev preview had both 32 and 64 bit versions so i would imagine so yeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom