***The Wine Thread***

Soldato
I've only recently started upon my wine journey of forcing myself to have a glass with a meal or just on the evening with my partner. She loves reds but I still can't manage to drink a red but enjoying a few different whites.

Aldi (stop laughing in the back) has a really nice Organic Pinot Grigro which goes down really well and it doesn't give me a tight chest like other wines I've had. Any recommendations of what else to try in the £7-£15 range? Also a good starter Red Wine so that I can try and enjoy those. I don't mind a malbec but even then I couldn't have more than a small glass.

Soldato
haha you ******* :p Not this time... I would love to, but will have to pass haha keep posting though :p

You've changed man!

200.gif

Soldato
It's a shame Vivino don't offer much stuff at a lower price point. I don't mind a couple of bottles at that level, but not sure i could justify buying 6 for the free postage to make it worthwhile.

2 of those, and then another 4 or so around the £10 would work much better for me, but ultimately i just end up ordering from the likes of Majestic and missing out on those really nice bottles as can't get hold of them locally.

Soldato
Haha i'm less easily pushed than you!

I have so much stuff to pay for at the minute that £200 on wine will not go down well! I'm also always dubious as to how much of a difference i can tell between a £10 bottle and a £25 bottle. I can't tell if it's a lack of palette (my sense of smell is poor which doesn't help) and how much i just don't care. I'd rather go cheaper and buy twice as much :D

Soldato
Looks like we will be going on a French restocking trip.. err I mean visit the inlaws.. but then covid#2 may delay that :/

Soldato
OP
Oh man, I should get some of that. It's one not to have too hot, cool it down a bit as that ABV becomes overpowering if it's left to get too warm. Treacly drop that, heavy, rich and full of flavour. Open it for some time to get the real benefits.

Soldato
Soldato
Not sure if you use it, but just noticed that Vivino offers 13.2% cashback on Topcashback. I only just saw this though.

That's a decent chunk when you're ordering in the quantity you do :D

@Marvt74

Why, why, why? I am pretty successfully weening myself off it for all but the best of offers, and here you go... temptation :o

My poor self-control.

Back
Top Bottom