• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
v1.02 29fps max settings (hair turned off) 1920x1200 on my 7990, no crossfire though yet, if I force it via ccc there is flicker and no increase in fps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

Quick question about buying a physical disc version as I really don't want to buy the GOG version.

If I link the physical disc install to steam do I need to have the disc in the computer everytime I want to run it?

Soldato
I wonder if it's because it's not in the default directory - the patch is trying to install to the GOG games directory on my mechanical drive, but the game is on my SSD...

Trying to patch through galaxy now

A quick registry fix here seems to have done the trick (find the subfolder with the witcher 3 path and make sure it's correct)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX\Games

Soldato
Getting an average of 120 FPS on my rig everything maxed out, including motion blur which I hate. Spec in sig. Had to move it back to the drive where it was installed to get the patch to work.

One of the cutscenes at the very start the FPS plummeted to 30 FPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Framerate during gameplay is pretty steady, at about 50fps, which I can live with. Cutscenes on the other hand are all over the place dropping from 60 to 25 from one second to the next. Also a lot of stutter.

Soldato
Hmm what did you guys pick at the start? simulate witcher 2 save on or off?

I loaded my w2 save :p but why the hell did they list the saves oldest first? I had to scroll through a list of about 100 to find the most recent :p

Had to move it back to the drive where it was installed to get the patch to work.

I managed to change the install path in the registry which sorted it :)

Anyone? :)

Thanks!

If you register it on steam, you shouldn't need the disk in

Back
Top Bottom