• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Can't remember what settings I changed, but even at 60fps it feels like 30fps. It was smooth as butter once at 60, I tried different settings, vsync, fps limits but it won't go back to smooth..

Soldato
Out of curiosity, where is the reg value that needs editing?

Pretty sure it's the one in here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\GameUX\Games

There's a load of sub folders and one is for the witcher.

I basically just did a search for gog games\the witcher 3 and changed all the entries to the actual folder the game is in

Soldato
Loving it so far and framerates seems very steady. Have antiquated 7950 2GB ICE Edition overclocked to within an inch of its life and it's handling it beautifully on High Settings. Considering getting a 980 but this seems fine so far.

Seems extremely well polished.

Caporegime
This is going to be epic. Just had a quick go but need to go to bed for work in the morning.

The game put absolutely everything on ultra and on (inc hairworks) at 1080p automatically when I loaded it so I left it and it seems to run beautifully so far ( I am running an overclocked GTX 980.)

It does look brilliant as well...not VGX 2013 trailer quality but still very pretty.

Hairworks is fantastic as well. It looks much more realistic than the tressfx used in Tomb Raider in my opinion. The horses mane looks brilliant and I can't wait to meet some furry monsters!

Soldato
looks and runs great ingame on my 970. i think the reason people are having issue with stuttering in the cut scenes is because uber sampling seems to be on. have a look in \bin\config\base\visuals.ini and try setting ubersampling to false.

Associate
4790k with a 290 here, tried ultra, runs decent around about 50fps had it drop to 40 ish, not smooth so dropped everything to high and i get 70fps pretty much constant. Cant really notice much between them either so all is good!

Back
Top Bottom