• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Tip for easy Cash no effort. just common sense!

if you have saved the women from the burning house (elf) (a side undiscovered area. she tell you her coins in a tree trunk behind her house.

After checking random villages about 70% of the houses do this too!
earned around 600 coins from this at lvl 8...

Soldato
I wish people, especially innkeepers, would stop standing behind candles.... The amount of times I have tried to talk to someone and extinguished a candle instead!

Associate
Could I expect to play this at high settings at about 40fps you think? Specs in sig. 40fps to me is enough cant really see ive ever noticed a difference above about 40fps to be honest.

Soldato
Is there a game with Better foliage than this? Especially with the ini tweaks to increase tree and grass density it looks beautiful.

WwfQ8gK.jpg

T49KPjp.jpg

auBiy79.jpg

HanpSJX.jpg

WOLNCvy.jpg

Also how can anyone say this Is a downgrade....

Yes things might have changes but that looks stunning to me!

ZCnf33f.jpg

I also did a compare of the screenshot everyone uses to show the downgrade and compared it to my game...I personally think the extreme use of sharpness in the old screenshot is the biggest difference and the colour palette change. Yes there are differences but I don't think its enough to complain as it looks beautiful now.

Y6TSUVD.jpg

Soldato
I did the mission in Novigrad where you unlock a Master Armourer. It required me to fight 6 level 23 dwarves when I was lvl 10. Thanks for arrows that cause bleeding, I did it. Slowly.

I just did that one. It has a brilliantly implemented moment based on your save import/choices.

Permabanned
Makes sense. Might change heavy to right mouse. I have a weird grip on my mouse. I can then bind thumb side button to dodge instead of roll

Sorry I missed your question before, I tend to use the ALT key dodge all the time, you can double tap to do it but I don't like that method. Tend not to use the spacebar roll as it puts you to far away.

Soldato
Been playing around with my sweetfx, trying to recreate the style of the older trailers.

uXmyKdx.jpg

abjx2cr.jpg

I also did a compare of the screenshot everyone uses to show the downgrade and compared it to my game...I personally think the extreme use of sharpness in the old screenshot is the biggest difference and the colour palette change. Yes there are differences but I don't think its enough to complain as it looks beautiful now.
If you dropped the saturation down & increased the contrast/sharpening that will go part of the way.

But still, the texture resolution is still needing a slight bump - mods may be able to resolve this.

Soldato
One minor detail I’m confused about.

I sometimes get the message 'you have reached the end of the world and need to turn back', then it goes to the map giving me a chance to fast travel.

And yet... there is plenty of map in front of me. It just sometimes doesn’t let you go.

I thought this was meant to be open world! :confused:

Soldato
One minor detail I’m confused about.

I sometimes get the message 'you have reached the end of the world and need to turn back', then it goes to the map giving me a chance to fast travel.

And yet... there is plenty of map in front of me. It just sometimes doesn’t let you go.

I thought this was meant to be open world! :confused:

I think it's open world in as much that you're not in relatively small areas like Witcher 2, but let's face it, open world or not, there's gonna be a limit somewhere!

Associate
I don't think there's another open world game I find more appealing to look at than Witcher 3.

The attention to detail is fantastic - I like how the grass reacts to you and others for example. I was running behind a herd of doe and watching the grass getting brushed down and springing back up I was like :eek::cool:

Back
Top Bottom