• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Just managed to get together a Scoiatel deck. Now to try it out!

Some of the Gwent quests are really good.

I would honestly play a standalone game. Well, with a little more depth, but it would still be good!

Permabanned
One minor detail I’m confused about.

I sometimes get the message 'you have reached the end of the world and need to turn back', then it goes to the map giving me a chance to fast travel.

And yet... there is plenty of map in front of me. It just sometimes doesn’t let you go.

I thought this was meant to be open world! :confused:

Still has to end somewhere its not infinite :)

Soldato
Still has to end somewhere its not infinite :)

The borders are a bit weird though. I have been turned back in some strange places, like actually heading towards a marker not far away. There is a boat just north east of novigrad for example, marked on the map, but I can't get to it at all as it turns me back before I get there.

Soldato
Sorry I missed your question before, I tend to use the ALT key dodge all the time, you can double tap to do it but I don't like that method. Tend not to use the spacebar roll as it puts you to far away.

You mean side-step dodge? I unbound it as I kept getting whacked. Not sure if the hit reg is off.

Been playing around with my sweetfx, trying to recreate the style of the older trailers

Share? :)

Soldato
anyone else get the borderless window bug?

Set Full screen - Changes correctly
On relaunch It back to Borderless Window

Why this a problem?
Fullscreen 60FPS average Maxed everything including HW ALL
Borderless 30-40fps

Associate
I'm desperately trying to hold off buying this until I've completed Dragon Age Inquistion and AMD release some xfire drivers for it but all this talk in here is making it very hard to resist :)

Soldato
Aye, Gwent is a good game, people like the Baron are ridiculously hard to beat though, he used some sort of fireball to kill my cards and dropping nothing but 7+ legendaries. :(

Found a way to take out strong flying monsters, killed a level ?? (presumably 30+ as im lv12) Basilisk in one shot!

B75A4E9EDE04927041202702ED42DFE6DB59A4B2

85157BFEFE4EA35789DA3909FBFCBD41A4F09CD6

Turns out they ain't the best swimmers ;)

Associate
anyone else get the borderless window bug?

Set Full screen - Changes correctly
On relaunch It back to Borderless Window

Why this a problem?
Fullscreen 60FPS average Maxed everything including HW ALL
Borderless 30-40fps

Yeah I get the same thing, have to set it full screen after every launch.

I'm using a R9 280X so guess it's not driver related.

Soldato
Really annoying. As much as I love this game, I am finding it really hard to get in to it. I hurt my neck playing football last week and I just can't get in to a comfortable position for long. It is only when I am gaming as well, no other time at all.

I play for half an hour and feel like stopping.

Soldato
I think it's open world in as much that you're not in relatively small areas like Witcher 2, but let's face it, open world or not, there's gonna be a limit somewhere!

I encountered this no more than 100m away from the initial start point of the game, very poor show.

Especially when there's quotes (in this very thread) of the devs saying "if you can see it you can go to it".

Completely ruins the immersion and makes the map pointless as it doesn't denote the boundary. In fact it's not open world at all because you can't travel unimpeded across the entirety of the map, like you would on Red Dead Redemption. Another massive swizz by another game studio selling their games based on hype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom