• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
I'm playing on the hard difficulty.

Of course people should be able to play on whatever difficulty they want that allows them to enjoy the game.

From my point of view though, the harder difficulty makes finding decent gear and using the correct oils and bombs all the more important.

I also tend to loot every bag I can find because you really need that food when meditating doesn't bring you back to full health...

Though to counteract that, there is an unlockable skill that heals you during the day (when not in combat) and gives you stamina regen at night (when in combat)

Caporegime
:D I mostly use Axii for the quests/convo options!.

/\

This

I invested all 3 points in Axii as soon as I could because you're not likely to ever fail in using your jedi mind trick when in conversation with people. It's already saved me money on things and avoided some fights.

It's also good for freezing enemies for a few seconds in battle.

Soldato
From my point of view though, the harder difficulty makes finding decent gear and using the correct oils and bombs all the more important.
Yup, it also makes using all your abilities more important.

You can effectively kill enemies without using a single sign on medium/easy, but once you get up-to hard/very hard you have to use everything at your disposal.

It's not really elitism, just playing the game as it was intended. Really I think they messed up the level progression/bonus multipliers, as the game get's easier as you plan not harder.

The only difference between the difficulty levels is how hard L1-10 are & if you can face-tank the room.

/\

This

I invested all 3 points in Axii as soon as I could because you're not likely to ever fail in using your jedi mind trick when in conversation with people. It's already saved me money on things and avoided some fights.

It's also good for freezing enemies for a few seconds in battle.
:D. Indeedy!

Soldato
If you run away from the three wraiths,they disappear after a few seconds and the main wraith will re appear. This quest also gave me a load of hassle and I was level 11. :p

Soldato
I managed to do it and did discover just running away from the 3 draining wraiths to be a good tactic. I just found another wraith on a little island that was 5 levels above me and it took ages to kill and the loot from a treasure chest wasn't totally worth it :D

Soldato
I found a hag on an island that was so high level it just had question marks next to its name. Needless to say I didn't hang about :D the guarded treasure can wait!

Edit: on second thoughts.. it may have been a wraith. I just legged it

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I know this one, she one shotted me earlier :D

So it was a hag :D the distribution of monsters baffles me sometimes..

I waltz in, and slaughter a whole camp of bandits. Easy. Walk two minutes down the road and run into a huge level monster that procedes to chase me as I leg it. :eek: for instance, two royal wyverns sat cooshty next to a cave mouth! (can't remember the location. I think it has a quest attached to it)

Soldato
I was strolling through the woods earlier and decided to investigate some wolves howling. Then I saw one of those things with a stag skeleton head that shoots trees out of the ground. I got rekt mate.

Similarly stumbled on something large and made of stone (not a golem) that had the question mark level. I was wise and ran away.

It's nice that when you think you are king of the jungle that the game hands your ass to you and remind you to pay attention

Soldato
What a game, absolutely loving it. been dying to play it again all day, not sure how many hours in but level 10 and just finished the barons where you go to save Anna.

Probably gonna clear some side quests that i missed as don't want to level past them too much.

The voice acting / writing and cutscenes have been first class, each quest has weight to it and something to either provoke and ponder. Well aside from some of the routine fetchy stuff but even they are fun. And bloody hell how big is that map!!

Soldato
It's nice that when you think you are king of the jungle that the game hands your ass to you and remind you to pay attention

I agree, but sometimes it is silly... I just fought a dwarf, just one dwarf. He wasn't even wearing armour, just an open shirt. It took me about 20 hits to kill him whereas he one-shot me...and I was wearing allegedly top quality armour!

God I love Novigrad! So much to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was strolling through the woods earlier and decided to investigate some wolves howling. Then I saw one of those things with a stag skeleton head that shoots trees out of the ground. I got rekt mate.

Similarly stumbled on something large and made of stone (not a golem) that had the question mark level. I was wise and ran away.

That's near the farm that you need to rid of Noons?

I agree, but sometimes it is silly... I just fought a dwarf, just one dwarf. He wasn't even wearing armour, just an open shirt. It took me about 20 hits to kill him whereas he one-shot me...and I was wearing allegedly top quality armour!

God I love Novigrad! So much to do.

I did the mission in Novigrad where you unlock a Master Armourer. It required me to fight 6 level 23 dwarves when I was lvl 10. Thanks for arrows that cause bleeding, I did it. Slowly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom