The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Hate to say it but you must be doing something wrong. What difficulty you playing at? I'm on the second hardest and never encountered anything like that. Most low level guys went down fairly easy. Use the dodge a lot rather than the roll and quen up whenever possible.

I'm playing blood and broken bones difficulty. Went back into the game after making my post and killed the 5 ghouls on my 3rd attempt.

Used fire attacked, retreated to recharge (lots of rolling about to dodge), used fire and attacked, then retreated to recharge etc. The last one almost killed me. I had a sliver of health left but I finished him off :)

The issue seems to be my guy is very weak. I can do damage and kill stuff but he only takes a few hits and he is dead. Makes it really hard to win against a pack of anything - even dogs / wolves without spending ages running away and rolling about. If I go in and start a 3 - 4 hit quick attack combo on one of them, another 2 attack me from behind and I'm dead. I guess I just have to get used to the game mechanics/tactics.

I just feel like so early on in the game against such basic enemies my 'hardcore' Witcher character that has years of experience killing stuff and super powers should be able to deal with pesky level 1 / 2 monsters without breaking a sweat. Obviously CDPR feel differently! :p

I am gaining a better understanding as I go along, though.

Anyone else seen any graphical glitches?

Was in a cut scene after saving an elven lady from unwanted attention when a head floated across the screen followed by a hovering body:

]
Yeah I had very similar in a whole area earlier. Everyone, about 100 NPCs, were standing completely still and heads were floating all over the place!

Does anyone consider it cheating if you use an enhanced saddlebags mod to change it to 200 instead of 130? I have so much crap in my inventory I usually only have about 10 weight left lol and theres no where you can store you items so it gets annoying not being able to loot everything now. I usually like playing games straight without cheating but I feel as though that's severely needed since theres no where to store your items in this game and im sure a loot whore.

Don't think it matters. You can get the card from his room. I did anyway. The baron died I have my game and it updated saying to search his room for the card

Iirc it tells you to find information on Gwent players with rare cards I could be wrong though but I remember picking up a note and it gave me the location of 2 Gwent players

Does anyone consider it cheating if you use an enhanced saddlebags mod to change it to 200 instead of 130? I have so much crap in my inventory I usually only have about 10 weight left lol and theres no where you can store you items so it gets annoying not being able to loot everything now. I usually like playing games straight without cheating but I feel as though that's severely needed since theres no where to store your items in this game and im sure a loot whore.

I use this m8:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3/?

No way to store items so it is a must imo, I like to keep the Armour sets I craft as well, including the swords I make.

Nope I dont see it as cheating as you cant store items anywhere so makes it impossible to have a lot of supplies/different armour and swords.

Ive used a weight mod that reduces the weight of all items by 70%

For some crazy reason I decided to pick this up on steam with its extortionate pricing. Oh well, nearly downloaded and can't wait to properly get into this.

Hello my name is General Umbuto Nagali and recently I was disposed as head of Nigerian Armed Forces and I have $40 milion dollers in a Nigerian bank that I nned to transfer out of the countree.....

I just turned up the difficulty because I am picking up so many low level quests, and I found out meditating doesn't restore health. That's just silly.

I'm surprised as it is the kind of annoyance CDPR spoke a lot about removing before release. Instead of meditating to restore health you just take your potions, then meditate to replenish them... Same result, more button presses.

Ahhh you have been playing on baby mode :) Anything lower then the blood bones setting is just way to easy for the game tbh.

As I've said before. Combat isn't good enough for anything higher imo. Happy to play on higher if the camera wasn't so bad, if Geralt didn't sheath his sword for no reason, or if he didn't get stuck on scenery.

As I've said before. Combat isn't good enough for anything higher imo. Happy to play on higher if the camera wasn't so bad, if Geralt didn't sheath his sword for no reason, or if he didn't get stuck on scenery.

Combat is pretty much perfect reaction wise I am not sure why you are having any issues tbh, it reacts first time and every time I press the buttons.The camera only sucks when you are really close to buildings. The sword thing must be a bug as well as Geralt only puts his sword away if I press 1/2 or I run away from combat.

It is not the greatest combat system in the world granted, but when you press the button it just works instantly.

All I can think of is you have bugs and patches will fix it, the only issues I have is that damn horse. I started a race earlier and the other rider was facing backwards LOL.

Combat is fine, haven't had any of those issues. Have you been struggling on normal?

Back
Top Bottom