The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
How many hours has everyone sunk into this?

I've just entered my 90th hour, with the main game and hearts of stone completed 100% not sure how far through blood and wine i am, but I'm guessing over half way through the story....tons of side stuff still to do though.

Easily the best game i've played in the last decade, the last game i remember enjoying this much was guild wars 1 (pre expansions...)

391 hours.

1 - play through vanilla
2 - New Play through with HOS
3 - New Play through with HOS and B+W after losing all prior saves.
4 - Now started new game+

Associate
Took me ~105 hours for base + both expansions and there's still some side and gwent quests I haven't finished.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and both expansions, really surprised it held my attention for that long. I'll see if I can get drawn back in to get 100% gwent as I really enjoy that game! :D

Soldato
GoG says 110 hours for me. I know its more than that though, i was playing without the launcher for a few weeks as i was having a lot of issue with it so i'm guessing it's closer to 140 . I'm about half way through B&W at a guess.

Yeah hard for me to say too as I was playing without the launcher for most of my first playthrough too.

My second playthrough with both dlc(and a fair bit of the world unexplored actually) was 166 hours.

Soldato
Enjoying my second play through even on DM it doesn't seem to be that challenging yet though.

Stuck some mods on and my god I should have done this on the first play through especially the ESFX and lighting mod looks like a completely different game.

Soldato
Soldato
I can't bring my self to play this :( I'm so close to the end, oddly, I've only put 90 hours into it... Not gone to all the '?'s in Skellige though. But everywhere else is clear. I've got a few random '!'s on the main land. One at the army area bottom right which I've never been to!

Everytime I play it, I get so sucked into it, I then have to force my self to stop as I don't want to finish this masterpiece too fast haha.

Soldato
I can't bring my self to play this :( I'm so close to the end, oddly, I've only put 90 hours into it... Not gone to all the '?'s in Skellige though. But everywhere else is clear. I've got a few random '!'s on the main land. One at the army area bottom right which I've never been to!

Everytime I play it, I get so sucked into it, I then have to force my self to stop as I don't want to finish this masterpiece too fast haha.

I'm exactly the same :D. I have apparently played it for 180 hours and just got to the ugly baby quest. Keep putting any more of the main quest off as I dont want to finish it and think i must be nearing the end now :(.

Somewhat annoyingly still no confirmation email for me. May be due to when I ordered or that I ordered both sets. Sigh

I ordered 1 set and haven't received a confirmation either. Still saying TBD in my account. I'll never buy from this company again.

Soldato
As I'm between games atm, with nothing really interesting me until the new Deus Ex comes out, I thought I would try out New Game plus to see if it works.

It works really well. I started with Manticore armour and pretty much the two best swords you can get, so I was worried that I would just keep them for the whole game, but I have already, in White Orchard, found better gear(in fact the silver sword does a ton more damage!). IT is quite well balanced in that way as the normal gear you can loot or craft seems to offer more protection/do more damage, but doesn't have the bonuses that Witcher gear has, so it is still a decision on which to use. For Example, I am using that really powerful silver sword you get from an NPC in B&W, it was the best by a mile I found, but on starting NG+ I have a diagram for the Legendary Viper sword that does 115 more damage and does 15% poison, but doesn't have the 20% stun, or 15% bleed damage.

Also, as I already have all of the skills I really needed from the first playthrough, levelling up can be practically ignored, which is a bonus not having to go through the tedious skills!(have you read some of the descriptions of the mutagen skills?...they are awful!). It makes a lot more sense as well to actually start the game with Geralt strong and able to create and use potions/bombs that he really should know!...though it does make all alchemy ingredients pointless. Finding a use for them in NG+ would have been nice. Maybe somebody will make a mod.

I might go so far as to say it is the best way for me to play the game. I think if I ever play he game again I will keep that save form the end of Blood and Wine to create a ng+

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I also just started my second playthrough finally, new game (non plus), with both expansions.

Before I started playing, I:

- rewatched TW2 outro cinematics

- read "Matter of Conscience" comics that elaborates on Saskia and what happened in between the games (it was great comic, although very bleak at the end)

- read "Killing Monsters" comics that takes place after MoC, but before TW3 starts and just before the famous Killing Monsters trailer (was ok, not as good as MoC)

- watched the Killing Monsters trailer again - still as bad ass as ever :)

Then I added few mods to my game install:
Immersive Cam, Immersive HUD, Immersive Motion, Immersive Meditation, Alternative Horse Control

All these make the gameplay more pleasant for me. Went through the Kaer Morhen dream, mountain pass as beautiful as ever..
This is going to be epic journey, again. And I can't wait to get to Toussaint, will be playing that for the first time. The GTX1070 has been well worth the money for this experience.

Back
Top Bottom