The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
OP
I don't mind that icon; I like seeing immediately who I can talk to and not.

And now that I started playing, I finally know what Vesemir was talking about when he talked about the fiend and Drugan (it was the story from the Killing Monsters comic). Pretty cool.

Soldato
OP
... It is above everyone's head, whether they actually speak to you or not!

I could swear it isn't. I just did a quest in white orchard to kill the ghost at the well, and the guy who gave it to me did not talk to me anymore after the quest was finished, and the icon was not there either.

Soldato
Maybe it is was patched... Tbh I wouldn't know as I have always used the mod. I thought it was bizarre feature. A small icon above everyone's head that says 'talk', and it appears something like 20 metres away from people so it almost always on the screen. When I removed it I lost nothing anyway!

Associate
I installed this as I have had it for a while, got it for 79p with an misprice on the rainforest site :) and just never really got to play it but hopefully can be my summer game as it looks and sounds really good

Soldato
The Grandmaster Griffin armour is a really powerful set.

I enter combat and instantly get a Quen shield from the runeword I have on the chest piece. I place a 40% larger Yrden sign, which gives me a 100% sign intensity bonus and I take 20% less damage inside the sign. It is damaging enemies while they are inside it. After casting the Yrden sign, I instantly can cast another sign, usually Igni, and now a lot of the time my enemies are on fire. If I have an adrenaline point then the Igni sign causes my sword to do extra damage because of the runeword on that (and flaming/glowing swords look cool). Also because of the mutagen I have, the sign has 50% chance of doing critical damage and the enemy explodes if they die. Plus of course all the buffs you get from each individual piece of the set, and their glyphs.

But because it's Death March I can die in 3 punches in a fist fight :).

Associate
Just recently started Witcher 3 as I didn't enjoy the first two in the slightest and i'm absolutely loving it on second try. Couldn't get in to first time but once I sat down and actually gave it a go, I absolutely love it.

The only problem I have is that a lot of the armours and clothing looks **** and I was on the leather armour up until level 11, LOL.

Just got the Basic Griffin Set and got a mod that makes it black and so he doesn't have a random beer belly and it looks much better :D

Soldato
OP
Just recently started Witcher 3 as I didn't enjoy the first two in the slightest and i'm absolutely loving it on second try. Couldn't get in to first time but once I sat down and actually gave it a go, I absolutely love it.

The only problem I have is that a lot of the armours and clothing looks **** and I was on the leather armour up until level 11, LOL.

Just got the Basic Griffin Set and got a mod that makes it black and so he doesn't have a random beer belly and it looks much better :D

Should have bought temerian armor. Looks fantastic and has great stats, and only requires level 4 so I am already wearing it just having gotten to Velen.

Soldato
Well my stepdad has just rang me my qwent cards have arrived at my mums going to pick them up tomorrow then put them into a display frame with the map and medallion if i can find a official one for sale.

Anyone else had theirs?

Soldato
Well my stepdad has just rang me my qwent cards have arrived at my mums going to pick them up tomorrow then put them into a display frame with the map and medallion if i can find a official one for sale.

Anyone else had theirs?

Nope not yet. :(

Hopefully not long if yours has arrived.

Soldato
Nope not yet. :(

Hopefully not long if yours has arrived.

Haven't even had a shipping email yet. :mad:

Edit: customer services have just emailed me and said it will be the 29th at the earliest when they ship as they ran out of stock. It's going to be a race between this and my Sapphire 480.

Last edited:

UFO

UFO

Associate
Looking forward to starting another play through of this with all DLC, does anyone know if there are any further patches planned for the PC version?

Back
Top Bottom