The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I was lucky that I finished the base game with about 30k. I then spent about 15k on the rune guy in Hearts of Stone and didn't really get much out of it. Didn't carry on investing in it. (Thank god I didn't as I'd have nothing left for Blood and Wine.

I have had a long break from TW3 and playing the new Skyrim recently made me realise how amazing TW3 is. Whilst playing skyrim it just made me want to go back to Skellige :cool:. Really need to get back into it, just hope I still remember how to play its been so long...

Witcher 3 is so much better than skyrim it isn't true.

It has so much more feeling of being alive with the people and the quests.

Graphically superior too.

I think some of you are being unduly harsh on skyrim of course tw3 is better than it from a gameplay and gfx perspective but skyrim was released 4 years earlier. When skyrim released it was an excellent game.

I still need to get around to playing blood and wine but haven't had the chance as yet!

how do you level up at the start. i'm on level 4. the noticeboards and main missions are for level 6/7/8 ... nothing really coming up for 4/5
do i just have to ride to other towns...?

Good news: You do not have to be the exact level for the quests. If you are level 4, you can easily try to do some higher level quests and if you play decently enough, pull them off without much problem. For example, I did quest level 17 when I was level 9 and it was fine. Difficult, but doable. Generally recommended though is to keep within 6 levels of quest you want to do.

I think some of you are being unduly harsh on skyrim of course tw3 is better than it from a gameplay and gfx perspective but skyrim was released 4 years earlier. When skyrim released it was an excellent game.

I still need to get around to playing blood and wine but haven't had the chance as yet!

To be fair, the main things Witcher 3 has over Skyrim have nothing to do with time of release or technology. Quality of writing and quest design is time/tech agnostic. Bethesda is somewhat bad at it (and is getting worse, with Fallout 4 being their weakest effort yet), while CDP are best in business alongside Obsidian.

I preferred w2 to sky rim too for exactly the same reasons, writing and gameplay and even visuals imo

Where do I go to get my gear grandmastered? :D or will it come up as a quest? Have master crafter feline set at the moment and just got my vineyard :D sat on a hill last night just mediatating to look at the world in different lights! Stunning imo!

Is there a photo mode to get angles like those above shots? Also I took some last night but they aren't showing in the screen shot folder :(

I have just finished B&W, so sad now :(

I made the mistake of playing NG+ before doing the expansions, so can't replay them with my current character :(

So, to sum up: :(

I preferred w2 to sky rim too for exactly the same reasons, writing and gameplay and even visuals imo

Where do I go to get my gear grandmastered? :D or will it come up as a quest? Have master crafter feline set at the moment and just got my vineyard :D sat on a hill last night just mediatating to look at the world in different lights! Stunning imo!

Is there a photo mode to get angles like those above shots? Also I took some last night but they aren't showing in the screen shot folder :(

You will meet grandmaster in Beauclair, he has a shop there and he will give you info where to find the grandmaster instructions.

Photomode exists as a mod on nexus, or you can use nVidia Ansel.

I ran into my first game (well, quest) breaking bug last night. I've been playing through the Knight for Hire quest line in Blood and Wine. Despite me clearing all of the objectives, one area refuses to update, so I'm constantly stuck at 14/15:( I read that if you go and see the quest giver, it will update. That didn't work. Nor did waiting around to see if the npc's respawned.

Met my first frustration too last night, a quest called extreme cosplay. Throws you directly in to battle with a big group of melee fighters and 2 mages, they gankyou, reload and repeat until you can cheese it. Its not the challenge as much as it was just unfair and a badly designed section. Frustration pulled me out of it completely. Eventually managed to take out the 2 mages before getting swarmed by the whole team and then the fight was ok

Met my first frustration too last night, a quest called extreme cosplay. Throws you directly in to battle with a big group of melee fighters and 2 mages, they gankyou, reload and repeat until you can cheese it. Its not the challenge as much as it was just unfair and a badly designed section. Frustration pulled me out of it completely. Eventually managed to take out the 2 mages before getting swarmed by the whole team and then the fight was ok

I had to crank the difficulty down for that one. I'd played the rest of the game on Broken Bones, but after several failed attempts, mainly resulting from being zapped by the mages, I relented. There's another quest in B&W that can result in a fist fight with a couple of Dwarves. That was also annoying because of the way it had been designed.

I had to crank the difficulty down for that one. I'd played the rest of the game on Broken Bones, but after several failed attempts, mainly resulting from being zapped by the mages, I relented. There's another quest in B&W that can result in a fist fight with a couple of Dwarves. That was also annoying because of the way it had been designed.

It's a shame, as a fan of games like dark souls I love a bit of a challenger but being hard due to bad design or just unfair balance is just annoying! I did turn down from blood and broken bones for an attempt! Got shafted again and reloaded then eventually did it but pretty sure it didn't save the difficulty setting for each reload so I guess I made it through eventually on the setting I was already on. Would be better if it gave you a chance to prepare at least

That is one downside to this game. Leading up to release it was made out like you must prepare for big fights before hand drinking potions etc but when it comes down to it most times you don't see a fight coming, you are just thrown in after some dialogue blind. Meh it's not been a major issue until last night but got through it! Need more coin! Can't afford any enhancements to my home in b&w

It's a shame, as a fan of games like dark souls I love a bit of a challenger but being hard due to bad design or just unfair balance is just annoying! I did turn down from blood and broken bones for an attempt! Got shafted again and reloaded then eventually did it but pretty sure it didn't save the difficulty setting for each reload so I guess I made it through eventually on the setting I was already on. Would be better if it gave you a chance to prepare at least

That is one downside to this game. Leading up to release it was made out like you must prepare for big fights before hand drinking potions etc but when it comes down to it most times you don't see a fight coming, you are just thrown in after some dialogue blind. Meh it's not been a major issue until last night but got through it! Need more coin! Can't afford any enhancements to my home in b&w

Actually, this is my gripe, major fights are not so... Major. I use oils sometimes and potions once in a blue moon. I use magic a lot, and keep it diverse.

But yea, the whole prepare for the battle through finding out about the creature etc isn't needed. Would be cool if it was nearly impossible to kill without certain oils and tactics. As you still find new created even after 70 hours play. Would be awesome.

As you all should know by now, I am :( :( :(

Since I messed up by playing NG+ before doing the expansions, I can no longer do them again on my main character.

I don't suppose any has a way I could continue playing with the current character? He is currently level 84, and I would like to get to 100.

I could go hunting around for content I have missed along the way, but that could become really frustrating after a while.

Cheers.

Yeah Extreme Cosplay was probably one of the worst fights I've had, eventually managed it on Death March but it took so many attempts! Generally struggled with fights where they throw a lot of enemies at you as a couple of hits at that level and you're dead, especially the odd fight where you can't use powers.

Actually, this is my gripe, major fights are not so... Major. I use oils sometimes and potions once in a blue moon. I use magic a lot, and keep it diverse.

But yea, the whole prepare for the battle through finding out about the creature etc isn't needed. Would be cool if it was nearly impossible to kill without certain oils and tactics. As you still find new created even after 70 hours play. Would be awesome.

yup haven't used oils or bombs at all, except when the quest requires it.

To be fair, the main things Witcher 3 has over Skyrim have nothing to do with time of release or technology. Quality of writing and quest design is time/tech agnostic. Bethesda is somewhat bad at it (and is getting worse, with Fallout 4 being their weakest effort yet), while CDP are best in business alongside Obsidian.

I would have enjoyed Fallout 4 so much more if I'd never played W3, I played it shortly after finishing the main part of W3 and the writing, characters and quests were just so poor in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom