The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'd love another Witcher, but in a way I'm glad as I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce with Cyberpunk. I hope they decide to return to the Witcher at some point in the future though.

Oh yeah definitely, can't see them doing anything other than a fantastic job with Cyberpunk :)

Still want Witcher 4 though!

I'd love another Witcher, but in a way I'm glad as I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce with Cyberpunk. I hope they decide to return to the Witcher at some point in the future though.

That's the sad thing I loved TW3 one of the best games I've played in a long time but I have 0 interest in SteamPunk stuff.

That's the sad thing I loved TW3 one of the best games I've played in a long time but I have 0 interest in SteamPunk stuff.

I was the opposite. I had zero interest in fantasy, magic, sword and shield, Tolkien inspired type games. In fact I'd go as far as to say that I hated them. Then I played TW3. It now stands as one of the best game I have ever played. If any company can change your opinion of a genre for the better, it's CD Projekt.

Cyberpunk is something else than Steampunk though. Cyberpunk is Blade Runner. It is, for me, extremely interesting setting for a game. CDP making one...dream come true, again :p

got this game a few days ago. so far it's got every cliche going for a game of this kind. what is all the love about specifically?
what have folk enjoyed about it?

last game like this i played was skyrim

got this game a few days ago. so far it's got every cliche going for a game of this kind. what is all the love about specifically?

It has great graphics and, unlike Skyrim, it also has a great story as well as interesting side quests. Like Skyrim, the combat is dull and, after level 10, very easy even on the highest difficulty.

The story and plot is great. While the main story itself is okay, the side quests, contracts etc are all really detailed. Some story Arch's have as much content as some complete games do. The Expansions are also very well polished. Lots of the little details really and game does look pretty.

Combat is so so, but the other bits make up for it.

Bought the GOTY myself a few days ago and just cannot get into it at all.

6 hours in and I've been listening to chat and watching cut scenes for at least half of that. Does it get any less frequent as the game progresses because it just feels very bitty with a some titbits of gameplay bound together with dialogue? Some of the early side quests I've done were also squarely in the a-typical fetch quest genre which was a little under whelming.

Bought the GOTY myself a few days ago and just cannot get into it at all.

6 hours in and I've been listening to chat and watching cut scenes for at least half of that. Does it get any less frequent as the game progresses because it just feels very bitty with a some titbits of gameplay bound together with dialogue? Some of the early side quests I've done were also squarely in the a-typical fetch quest genre which was a little under whelming.

It sounds like you are doing only the main storyline quests, or still doing the prologue, or you would not be seeing that much cut-scenes so early.

Go explore and you will find plenty of monster hunt quests and some of the most well thought out sided quests (at least IMHO) ever to grace an RPG.

Bloddy Baron and Ladies of the Wood are both main quests that have far more depth and plot twists than many full games I have played.

It sounds like you are doing only the main storyline quests, or still doing the prologue, or you would not be seeing that much cut-scenes so early.

Go explore and you will find plenty of monster hunt quests and some of the most well thought out sided quests (at least IMHO) ever to grace an RPG.

Bloddy Baron and Ladies of the Wood are both main quests that have far more depth and plot twists than many full games I have played.

Maybe I've been unlucky then because I've done 6 side missions that were all fetch quests, hell even in one of the main missions I had to go fetch a goat!

Maybe I've been unlucky then because I've done 6 side missions that were all fetch quests, hell even in one of the main missions I had to go fetch a goat!

There will be a fair share of boring fetch type missions but explore rather than continuing on the main quest line (and sub quests). Do some monster hunting by picking up the quests at notice boards etc. Then continue the main quest line once in a while.

Be careful though, if you out level the quests you get limited XP from them. But persevere and you will be rewarded.

We're proud to inform that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine expansion pack has won the award for Best Role Playing Game during this year’s The Game Awards in Los Angeles.

“Back in the day, when games were distributed mainly on CDs, it was popular to release so called add on discs. They were often multi-hour adventures that required a serious amount of work to be created, and contained new features that significantly influenced gameplay. When we first thought about how an expansion to The Witcher 3 might look like, we decided that we wanted to bring that way of thinking back,” said Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED. “The fact that our expansion was nominated for TGA’s Best RPG was great on its own; the fact that it got the award is mind-blowing.” Tomaszkiewicz adds.

:D

Finished hearts of stone today and started blood and wine!

Hearts of stone was great, just one sizeable quest i didnt enjoy involving a wedding/party other than that it was a great story and very well put together. It includes one of my favourite witcher quests of the series so far too! Very good.

I still havnt really played this yet as my bro put me off lol he played for over 30hrs and said it was nearly all fetch and find quests all the way through! he reckons if your not fetching something your speaking to one person who tells you to go speak to another,then you speak to that person and they tell you the person you are looking for was there but 2 days earlier and to go speak to someone else as they might of seen them and so on and so forth.

it sounded boring as hell to me lol so I havnt really played it,from what he said I don't think I will like it half as much as skyrim,now that had amazing side missions

I still havnt really played this yet as my bro put me off lol he played for over 30hrs and said it was nearly all fetch and find quests all the way through! he reckons if your not fetching something your speaking to one person who tells you to go speak to another,then you speak to that person and they tell you the person you are looking for was there but 2 days earlier and to go speak to someone else as they might of seen them and so on and so forth.

it sounded boring as hell to me lol so I havnt really played it,from what he said I don't think I will like it half as much as skyrim,now that had amazing side missions

Literally every single thing in this post is wrong, it is almost a work of art.

Can't quite believe how long and detailed B&W is. Been playing pretty hardcore the past 3-4 days and don't think I'm even 30% through. Have so many quests I can play a week and not clear half of them.

Just one thing. As gorgeous as the world of Toussaint is, I prefer the gritty and harsh environments of the first game. Go back now and again to clear some quests.

Back
Top Bottom