The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Would love if they can give Doug Cockle a bit part also, would seem fitting, although probably won't happen by the sounds of it. Would be great if he had a cameo as a guard, and mocked Cavill's Geralt using HIS Geralt voice, nice little nod kinda thing or something similar.

For the English speaking world, HE is the voice of Geralt for the last 10 years or so, so it would be great if they could get him into the series SOMEHOW, even if the show will be based on the original book timeline rather than the game timeline/period.
Yeah would be funny - maybe some cameo as a monster or voicing a doppler etc. It's going to be strange hearing Cavill's voice as Geralt when being so familiar with the game english voice.

I'm interested now to see the whole roster of supporting cast once they've finalised it. Wasn't initally thinking Netflix would do a proper job on this but now coming around to the idea this could be a great series.

Soldato
i was sure the recent graphics card i bought off crinkleshoes had a dodgy fan but i've tracked it down to the witcher 3!! - i have this high pitched jingle and its apparently the medallion or the armour i'm wearing (some people say its the medium armour only).

Its weird but it sounds just like a dodgy fan bearing if you know what i mean, but its definitely the game.

Soldato
OP
So, Yennefer is going to be played by an indian high school student

I sure hope she is a brilliant actress and Lauren Hissrich made this decision for a very good reason, because for now, I can't see it.

umtawx10aer11.png

Soldato
Seems a slightly odd choice to me, mainly because she is so young. 22 apparently, but I'd say she looks younger.

One thing they have said is that this Netflix series will be its own adaptation of the Witcher world, not reliant or specifically based on the game. I think people are going to be disappointed if they're expecting it to be a lot like the game, and while I wish it was I think I'm just going to try to wait and see and take it for what it is, and hope I like it.

Associate
One thing they have said is that this Netflix series will be its own adaptation of the Witcher world, not reliant or specifically based on the game.
I've seen that said - but when the first trailer came out it seemed like they had lifted voice clips directly from Witcher 3!

Soldato
I've seen that said - but when the first trailer came out it seemed like they had lifted voice clips directly from Witcher 3!

Ah, I didn't realise there was a trailer. I've just been looking now and found several, but none seemed legit. Can you link?

Soldato
I know this is a good game but i just cant get into it, the samething happened with GTA, it seems since ive had the kids i just cant sit and concentrate for an hour at a time and need a blast to last 20mins max. (so im currently playing Monster hunter and Overwatch :()

Soldato
That's a shame, it is a fantastic game but really needs a decent bit of play time to be able to enjoy it. I do enjoy Overwatch when I've not got much time, perfect for a couple of quick games.

Soldato
i'm maybe 160 or more hours into i and playing the last dlc - and i still love it. In fact if anything its better than ever.
In contrast most other games by the time i get above 100 hours i am flagging and pretty bored.
While it has some issues and could do with more polish and depth in certain area's i think this is the best game i've ever played in 40 years of game playing.

Soldato
Yep I'm sure they probably don't have the budget, same with those other names mentioned. Also, she may not have been interested even if they did.

I agree she would have been perfect though.

Soldato
OP
What happened with fakhrou? This is the first time I have ever seen someone permabanned here. In a decade that I've been here!

As for Yennefer casting, I am not a huge fan of Eva Green, but I would like someone who looks more mature than Anya.

I just watched Godless and thought Michelle Dockery could be pretty great Yennefer.

Back
Top Bottom