• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Do you think it is worth me upgrading my current ATI Radeon 6950 2GB graphics card to a Radeon R9 290x 8GB?

Would my current one be suffice?

I would go for the 4gb 290x unless you are gaming at 4k, in which case you would need at least 2 290x 8gb. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade, unless you want to hold out for a 390x which will be a lot more expensive.

Soldato
Wow people are incredibly stupid. Looking at Steam, Witcher 3 + Expansion pass bundle is on the top sellers for £64.99. People are paying that...

Buying Witcher 3 by itself on Steam and then buying the season pass by itself adds up to £54.99.

A fool and his money are easily parted...

Caporegime
Wow people are incredibly stupid. Looking at Steam, Witcher 3 + Expansion pass bundle is on the top sellers for £64.99. People are paying that...

Buying Witcher 3 by itself on Steam and then buying the season pass by itself adds up to £54.99.

A fool and his money are easily parted...

£10 from GOG Ukraine for me :D

Soldato
I've just skimmed through one of the Polish reviews (gry-online) and I have to say that it goes quite in line with my impression of the game based on what I've seen so far. 8.5 seems like a fair score.

Off the top of my head: the game's good but a bit buggy and lacks polish, the world is slightly less open and smaller than previously stated (it takes 13 mins to traverse the biggest area in the game on horseback; including slowing down to regain stamina, looking at the map and finding your way around various obstacles). Nice story, lots of things to do, interesting side quests, great music and a well-designed world. The graphics are good but nothing to write home about and a far cry from the trailers we've been shown. Water looks worse than in HL2 which is a bloody old game.

Basically, W3 is very good but some annyoing quirks keep it from being 10/10 material. Sorry for my shoddy translation but I'm a bit sleepy today.

I was genuinely surprised that hardly any review mentioned the game's graphical presentation but I think I know why;p Bear in mind, though, that this is about the PS4 version but it's doubtful the game will fare much better on PC graphically since the devs said they strived for visual parity across all platforms.

Here's Gamescom 2014 vs PS4 retail (taken from a different Polish review which also mentions the game looking noticeably worse than in previous gameplays and the graphics being generally a mixed bag):

http://i.imgur.com/EZCAQKa.gif

EDIT: Yes, I'm still banging on about the graphics:p

Associate
I purchased my key from CD Keys. Haven’t heard any indication of a pre load yet tho.

Anyone else bought this from CD Keys? They where very good with GTAV. Preload was available as soon as it was available.

I've bought from them as well and not had my key yet....I did email them and they responded that it wont be available till the 19th or slightly before.

Back
Top Bottom