• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
no downgrade ay?

ao.gif

lol :p

Maybe we will have to wait till the Witcher 4 for a game to look like the 2013 trailer.

Soldato
no downgrade ay?

ao.gif

lol :p

Maybe we will have to wait till the Witcher 4 for a game to look like the 2013 trailer.

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0

You should definitely browse through these, it's quite painful to look at;p

Worse still, the devs said that the game will look the same on all platforms, including textures and grass draw distance so all we can probably hope for regarding the PC version is 1080p/60fps (on a 980;p) and a couple of additional effects. One of the biggest Polish console magazines stated that the amount of downgrading the game went through is simply absurd. Actually, every Polish review I've come across mentions a significant decline in visual quality.

Associate
its possible thhat the "downgraded" footage were seeing is of the ps4 version since apparently there isn't any pc review copies yet. that's what i'm hoping anyway. When witcher 2 was released on xbox 360 it's colour palette was very different to the pc version.

Associate
I really hope all of this downgrade talk isn't true. From what I have seen so far, the Console versions look perfectly fine, but I was hoping for CDPR to really show off what a nice PC can do with this game.

Soldato
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0

You should definitely browse through these, it's quite painful to look at;p

Worse still, the devs said that the game will look the same on all platforms, including textures and grass draw distance so all we can probably hope for regarding the PC version is 1080p/60fps (on a 980;p) and a couple of additional effects. One of the biggest Polish console magazines stated that the amount of downgrading the game went through is simply absurd. Actually, every Polish review I've come across mentions a significant decline in visual quality.

Some of those don't look too bad, but on others it's ridiculous how badly the textures have been downgraded :(

Particularly this one:

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=3

The wood texture on the wood on the fence to the right,

And: http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=4

The wood texture on the stairs and the house, and the stones on the right :(

Also the sunflowers in the field in the first image - in the top version you can see each individual plant, in the bottom it's just a green mass with yellow bits.

I don't really care about the downgrade, but the game (at least on the PS4 version) just looks bad to me now. I don't know how to describe it... it looks somewhat "disjointed" and incomplete in my eyes. In some of the footage I've seen, the graphical fidelity is all over the place, from textures, foliage, and to the overall colour palette. It looks inconsistent imo. Even outside of that the animations etc. vary, some look pretty good where others looks clunky. Especially the water... sailing looked (in terms of presentation) awful to me.

Associate
I rally don't get it, did you started gaming yesterday?
When did a game look as good as in trailers? Marketing, you know, that's part of the industry.

Does the game look great today? I think so. With all the amazing things they achieved, you still bother with those screenshots ._.

(yes I didn't expect it from CDPR, but it's industry standard, nothing surprising is happening)

Permabanned
That's a bit of a shame really, annoys me more than the downgrade in graphics we've been seeing from 2 years ago.

I really am not bothered about graphics tbh, I just love the series and can't wait to play the 3rd. One thing that does bother me though, if all 3 platforms will pretty much look the same why do I need a £500 GPU to do that? Either way yeah I do see the downgrade but the game will be great anyway. They also have a huge day 1 patch for the PC I think which may well be textures after reading all the forums and people complaining. Who knows until we are playing it. Then again none of the games have actually been very well optimized have they LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom