• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
No PC review yet something to do with a large day-one patch incoming for all platforms, with the PC/xbone versions having some important issues to address before they are released maybe?

I'm now less than bothered by the downgraded graphics naysayers, while it's possible the graphical options may have been scaled back somewhat due to budgets and platform specific optimizations it's nothing i'm going to get into a cancel my pre-order hissy fit over.

Plus we know how good cd projekt red are with patching issues so we may be given the option to unlock some hardware destroying features that have been disabled by default due to performance / instability issues later on anyway.

Soldato
This thread turned out pretty amusing today. Can we just be excited that this is one of the highest rated games this year and seems like it will be every bit as amazing as the Witcher 2.

Associate
Anyone else's installation saying 'out of disk space'? I've freed up nearly 60GB and it still refuses to install -_-

EDIT: Never mind, it was trying to install onto the wrong drive despite what I had set up in the Galaxy thingy settings

Last edited:
Soldato
I purchased my key from CD Keys. Haven’t heard any indication of a pre load yet tho.

Anyone else bought this from CD Keys? They where very good with GTAV. Preload was available as soon as it was available.

Soldato
I pretty much hate that developers show early build of their games that are geared towards eye candy. It is for this reason that I didn't view too many of the W3 preview videos all these years. I have been computer gaming since computer gaming was invented and learned long ago that hype is never worth listening to. I accept that the PC version does not look as good as early tech previews but it still looks stunning to me.

I read a few posts saying this looked about as good and no better than DA Inquisition. Sorry but that is a ridiculous statement that must be based purely on low quality screenshots. One look at a video leaves me in no doubt the character animations are nowhere near as stiff and the environment is far more dynamic.

The reviews so far leave a massive positive anticipation for me and the combination of excellent graphics, open world and RPG style should not disappoint.

Soldato
The peasant race has spent the last 10+ years holding the PC gamers back, holding game development back and simplifying the gaming genre as a whole.

Anything that highlights there ridiculousness is very welcome.

What delusional nonsense. Anyone with half a brain can understand and realise that consoles have been key in pushing video games well into the mainstream.

PC gaming would not be where it is today without the impact that the consoles have had. They haven't held back anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom