The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
What ? Galaxy is optional. All their games are DRM-free.

GOG has their own galaxy client which at this point is almost better than steam. Just as comfortable, you do not have to mess around with installers.

Wasn't on about galaxy, although their latest stunt of wanting to install an installer for galaxy into offline installers was dumb enough...

A few of their games do have some DRM problems. The latest Gremlins game was one of them from what I've seen on the forums, along with a few others.
There's a gogmix list of them all, will link if can find it at some point.

Associate
I'm a around three hours in so far & enjoying Witcher3, although was surprised about the Griffin.
I'd heard loads say it was silly OP & they left it until later in the game, but it's a simple case of dodging it & I think I only got hit once.

Wish I'd kept my TW2 save files, as in game it asked some questions about earlier events & been so long since I've played TW2 that I just guessed what I did in the past, so no idea what that'll do to the story. It's the part where Yennifer first makes an appearance & you get called away & questioned whilst having a shave.

I can definitely see me losing a lot of hours in this game :D

Oh, I did find one thing I didn't like.
Invisible wall, in the middle of a forest area.
Any time I headed towards what looked like creatures in near distance, it'll suddenly warn me "You've reached the worlds edge. None but the devils play past here... Turn back" & map opens & I've been ported back some distance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wasn't on about galaxy, although their latest stunt of wanting to install an installer for galaxy into offline installers was dumb enough...

A few of their games do have some DRM problems. The latest Gremlins game was one of them from what I've seen on the forums, along with a few others.
There's a gogmix list of them all, will link if can find it at some point.

I checked and yeah Gremlins seems to require online. GOG should probably remove that.

edit: reading a bit more the forums, it seems Gremlins have offline standalone version that does not require online connection:

2) Of course, and this is the point which motivated us to invest in creating GvA in the first place. Every night we have a chance that something may go wrong with the servers and people would be unable to play. It happened 3 times over 2 years, but still. So crating GvA for us was a way to ensure that players can play regardless of what's happening with the servers. In features and single-player content, GvA is 1:1 Gremlins, Inc., so the whole experience of this digital board game will be there in 10 or 20 years. Which is also the reason why we update both products when new content or s/p features ship.

If that is true then it deserves to be on GOG, I'd say.

Oh, I did find one thing I didn't like.
Invisible wall, in the middle of a forest area.
Any time I headed towards what looked like creatures in near distance, it'll suddenly warn me "You've reached the worlds edge. None but the devils play past here... Turn back" & map opens & I've been ported back some distance.

There is a great mod called "sensible map borders" that removes the hard map opening, but leaves the message so you know when you are going beyond. If you continue much further you can fall outside the map, but usually that takes a while to happen.

Last edited:
Associate
I checked and yeah Gremlins seems to require online. GOG should probably remove that.

edit: reading a bit more the forums, it seems Gremlins have offline standalone version that does not require online connection:

2) Of course, and this is the point which motivated us to invest in creating GvA in the first place. Every night we have a chance that something may go wrong with the servers and people would be unable to play. It happened 3 times over 2 years, but still. So crating GvA for us was a way to ensure that players can play regardless of what's happening with the servers. In features and single-player content, GvA is 1:1 Gremlins, Inc., so the whole experience of this digital board game will be there in 10 or 20 years. Which is also the reason why we update both products when new content or s/p features ship.

If that is true then it deserves to be on GOG, I'd say.

There is a great mod called "sensible map borders" that removes the hard map opening, but leaves the message so you know when you are going beyond. If you continue much further you can fall outside the map, but usually that takes a while to happen.

Can't find that gogmix list, will keep peepers open for it.
Did see someone stating that gogs mention of being DRM free has vanished.
Probably handy as gwent itself is (obviously) online (& galaxy) only, unless it has a single player mode too.
Not into card games (shudder :p) so no idea tbh.

Groovy, thanks.
Will go grab that mod :D
Already got a few installed.

Soldato
So I ended up getting the GOTY Edition from Steam.

Now just need to play:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout: New Vegas
Skyrim

and then I'll get around to playing it!

Soldato

Now just need to play:
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Skyrim

All the games on your list are great but for something different, I'd recommend playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines next - I'm coming towards the end of it just now and I've loved every minute of it.

Soldato
OP

Now just need to play:
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Skyrim

Throw out NWN1/NWN2, those are not great. Skyrim is...decent for exploration and fun, but very poor story and quest design.
Bloodlines and New Vegas are brilliant classics.
Witcher 3 is still better overall though :)

Associate
I thought the quests in Skyrim were alright. It never felt like I got forced somewhere where I was under or levelled for what I was doing.
Story too, although that'd be harder as it's not one char' (like Geralt) but several, so harder to do for one game.

Still fairly new to TW3 (only got into second zone last night) yet I'm level four & I've been against level 6-17 mobs so far, it's bloody tough. Thank **** for dodging... :D
Slight problem with one quest, it was in the battle field to protect some npcs & another quest.
As I'd just got to the area, I thought better off going to see the priest dude to say fires were out before I started on a new quest, but as soon as I stepped foot off of the field, some quest failed :(
At least I know for NG+ not to do a runner.

Soldato
OP
Took a walk yesterday

xzdr6lxlma1z.png

292030_20170602221945hfknh.png

292030_20170602221217ypjke.png

Wake me up when Kingdom Come comes out... :)

Associate

Now just need to play:
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Skyrim

I feel your pain bro! Got the same as you but too many games to play before.
Think my games list is Alien Isolation, shadow of mordor and metro redux :'(

Back
Top Bottom