The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
On my second playthrough after spending about 130 hours when the game originally released. As a senior gamer, my memory has gone to pot :p, I have only vague recollections of the plot from my original playthrough. In some ways that is a good thing as I'm really savouring every moment of the game. I do remember how brilliant the DLCs were and I'm really looking forward to getting to that point.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What spec/settings etc?

OS drive failure. Forgot Witcher saves to c:

RIP Witcher!
Game data is saved to the cloud and a local copy is always on the Documents > Witcher 3 folder. So if you store documents on your OS drive without remapping the Documents location to another drive, then yeah that will lose your local copy.

I store all documents locations (docs, pictures, music, videos etc all remapped) to another large SSD so any new game or app that stores stuff in my documents library, will automatically store them to the remapped drive and not on C.

Edit*
41 hours now, been doing a lot of side quests in Skellidge, that one fetching the family sword from the top of the mountain, a lot of faff just for 20 crowns reward lol... Stingy guardsman or what :mad:

The water mod makes this area look especially wicked:

UimwP3h.gif

And Whale Graveyard was rather cool:

DP2qBBq.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Some of the quests are bugged to the balls. Like this one for example, exact same situation so had I not found this video, I'd have been royally stuck because it's just completely bugged:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That particular bug has existed since before next gen too, so I would have expected that to have been fixed for next gen! Wonder what others I will encounter lol.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I play in SDR yes, not too bothered about HDR in games like this, it's nice but I like it natural too. Still gets bright when needs be and my screenshots require no faff to share online etc.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
When you take a screenshot in HDR, how do you make it so others see it properly? Or you cant unless they have HDR turned on in their monitor?
You have to take it using Geforce Experience, which then saves it in .jx format which is HDR, and then use the HDR viewer tool from Windows Store to tonemap it back to something that resembles SDR and then you can save it as a .jpg. It's a massive faff and you can't do it by batch either and I tried it a few times but it's just so tedious I figured I'd rather play in SDR than HDR and just enjoy the other visual goodies like ray tracing etc as originally intended.

I didn't buy this monitor for HDR gaming though, HDR media consumption is where it's great and I just then play games normally whilst benefitting from the brightness that OLED offers even in SDR etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't take a lot of ss I just wondered how to share the ones I did when I happened to be in HDR, thanks for the tip, I'll get the tool. What is it called? I didn't get a match using "hdr viewer tool"

Last edited:
Caporegime

Auto Apply Oils

Tired of opening your inventory to apply your oils at the start of combat? Then this mod is for you! When you draw your sword the mod scans the enemies around you, and applies the oil that will be effective most against them.

Associate

Auto Apply Oils

Tired of opening your inventory to apply your oils at the start of combat? Then this mod is for you! When you draw your sword the mod scans the enemies around you, and applies the oil that will be effective most against them.

First mod I install whenever I play, that and the weight one.

Permabanned
Recently I played a new quest, quite well, in the style of a witcher.
I know that they added an alternative suit of Dandelion. But I couldn't find him, I was looking in the Rosemary and Thyme. Where can he be?

Soldato
I'm really hoping to enjoy this game again, with the updates but finding there's a lot of stuttering. Anybody have this issue?
Plenty of folk with the same issues, can see it across a lot of forums/reddit/steam/etc - mine reports a nice solid 60fps+ but there is hitching and a micro stutter all the time. I've spent hours trying everything suggested here and elsewhere but the problem persists.

Soldato
Plenty of folk with the same issues, can see it across a lot of forums/reddit/steam/etc - mine reports a nice solid 60fps+ but there is hitching and a micro stutter all the time. I've spent hours trying everything suggested here and elsewhere but the problem persists.

You're not running the 528.02 driver by any chance?

They introduced stutter to the game, went back to 527.56, and stutter free again.

Back
Top Bottom